What Does Udon Need to Grow

General Udon Thani topics only!
kopkei
udonmap.com

Re: What Does Udon Need to Grow

Post by kopkei » August 20, 2018, 8:59 am

what does Udon need to grow ? ,will this be a question out of falang perspective or Thais ?, i am sure the answers will be very different ....i have seen many things change during my stay ,good as bad , according to my perspective than ,but i am not trying to change anything neither have any answer to the OP as i am quiet happy with my life here ,udon will grow without any advice from me or other aliens (in farang case)... :lol:
but i am sure we are going to see a lot of advice( ? ) here....
enjoy your stay ... ;)

UdonExpat
udonmap.com

Post by UdonExpat » August 20, 2018, 10:22 am

I love Udon and have lived here about half the time since 2002: The other half in the US. Udon has developed a lot during this time. Retail, food, infrastructure, transportation, construction, and government services have all improved. Increased traffic congestion has detracted from the environment as has air pollution. The big box stores that developed on the ring road, as well as, Central Plaza, have caused many small shops and street vendors to disappear. That seems to be part and parcel with a developing country and economy. Thai people are as unhappy with the traffic congestion as many have expressed on this thread. As Thai people's financial resources improve we can expect to see more cars and trucks on the roads with more congestion. It's part of a country that is growing faster than it's developing. I recall traffic congestion in the US as bypasses and freeways were being developed and how those traffic improvements impacted small towns. I see the same things happening in Thailand as I travel around. It's an exciting time to be here. So much is happening and best of all, I don't need to spend much time thinking about it as it's not my responsibility. As with all things in life, my challenge is how to adapt to the changing conditions and enjoy myself in a fluid environment.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » August 20, 2018, 10:26 am

I don't live in Udon but during my visits, the traffic is disgusting. The city needs less vehicles. Smaller is better. Loei city is much smaller but traffic there is also a problem. It amounts to too many vehicles and not enough roads. Thailand must be prosperous because it seems like everyone has a vehicle.

Natas

Post by Natas » August 20, 2018, 2:21 pm

Tartempion wrote:
August 20, 2018, 5:10 am
Natas wrote:
August 19, 2018, 5:10 pm
Seriously this is a post.. Maybe time to go home if you are discussing changes to Udon or move south...
Oh, an other "go Home" advisor, a Thai Visa freak.

Well the parking space at Central Shopping mall on a Saturday/Sunday...was leaving level 5 around 15h sat and cars were driving rounds to find a parking spot.
Udon Needs an other/bigger downtown shopping mall, no I don't drive to the near airport malls.
Thai Visa? too many Ads there.. You driving down to Central on a SaT/Sun (busiest days of the weeks) you are part of the issue that is common with this thread.. Traffic and Parking.
Enjoy the traffic

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 20, 2018, 3:12 pm

Natas wrote:
August 20, 2018, 2:21 pm
Tartempion wrote:
Natas wrote:
Seriously this is a post.. Maybe time to go home if you are discussing changes to Udon or move south...

Well the parking space at Central Shopping mall on a Saturday/Sunday...was leaving level 5 around 15h sat and cars were driving rounds to find a parking spot.
Udon Needs an other/bigger downtown shopping mall, no I don't drive to the near airport malls.
Thai Visa? too many Ads there.. You driving down to Central on a SaT/Sun (busiest days of the weeks) you are part of the issue that is common with this thread.. Traffic and Parking.
Enjoy the traffic
Agreed. Weekends are for getting out of town, going fishing, golfing or just staying home. Mon-Fri are shopping and fossicking around days... same as it was when I lived in Pattaya.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 20, 2018, 3:41 pm

One of my step-daughters, now 30, works in Bangkok. If she can find a job making enough money she'd return to Udon. She says Bangkok is too big and busy. I think she'd see Udon's traffic a bit differently from the posts here. There are probably plenty of Thais like her.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » August 21, 2018, 6:52 pm

OVer the last 10 years Udon has changed a lot. For the better? Depends. Thais are now more affluent, hence the massive traffic increase. I do miss the ability to visit the Night market and find parking on a saturday night, As said elsewhere, I
avoid town now at weekends as just too busy. Parking weekdays at central is also becoming an issue by 1 p.m. More, and more variety of jobs would be good for Thais. but factories would come at a cost - more pollution.

I would prefer Udon to become wealthier but not much bigger. But Thais will decide, not me.

Tartempion
udonmap.com

Post by Tartempion » August 22, 2018, 4:11 pm

Natas wrote:
August 20, 2018, 2:21 pm
Tartempion wrote:
Natas wrote:

Enjoy the traffic
We live 40 KMS out of town and my 7 years young daughter has ballet lessons at Central on Saturday. We come early before the parking space fills up and free that space for others early afternoon to leave the city to you whining people.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 23, 2018, 4:43 pm

Contrary to popular belief:
Udon Thani News
20 hrs ·
# Udon Online News: Invitation to Focus Group Meeting (1 st), Master Plan for Public Transport Development in Udon Thani

Group 1, Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 09.30-12.00 hrs. At Vesuvat Conference Room, 3rd Floor, Udon Thani Municipality Office
Group 2, Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 14.00-16.00 hrs. At the Phonthong Conference Room, 3rd Floor, Nong Bua Municipal Office.
Group 3, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, at 09.30-12.00 hrs. At the meeting room of Nong Samrong Municipality Office.
Group 4 Wednesday, 29 August 2018 at 14.00-16.00 hrs. At the Office of Arts and Culture (2nd floor) Udon Thani Rajabhat University

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”