wireless internet

General Udon Thani topics only!
nikothai
udonmap.com

wireless internet

Post by nikothai » October 22, 2011, 9:48 pm

Hi.
I need a good wireless internet conection..
I need it for looking sport on the net
I stay at my place near Phen but also in the city.
So how fast connection i need ?
What about the price and where can i buy it ?
all the best to all
niko

Pinoy

wireless internet

Post by Pinoy » October 24, 2011, 5:26 am

Try go ask the guy (sorry to say cant remember his name)that run the internet joint in front of JJ´s electronic super shop 100 meters down the street from the T--junction at the bank (route 2022).
He has a computer degree and I will imagine that he can help you the most of the way. And please send some feedback about what you find out as I will be back in town in two weeks and need it as well...

shipwreck
udonmap.com

wireless internet

Post by shipwreck » October 24, 2011, 10:48 am

Just a little reply. i have 3b 6mb but not sure it is fast enough, but they also have 9 nad biggeri think up to 20mb, the problem is if you have 6 or 9mb they can be shared with up to 20 other users so you will not get 5or9 mb. You can have the 20mb for yourself and it will cost you a litlle over 2000 a month, the have a shop on the groudfloor in the old BigC, and you can also get a wireless router therer.
Hope it can help you a little

nikothai
udonmap.com

wireless internet

Post by nikothai » October 25, 2011, 1:37 am

thanks..
i will look in to it when i come to town in 3 weeks..
niko

Pinoy

wireless internet

Post by Pinoy » October 28, 2011, 5:12 am

Sory mate I miss informed you it NOT down the 2022 but as you as a "local " ofcause allready have figured out ya self the road going from the ATM pond/bank direction Ban Lao. Sorry about the comfusion.

[email protected]

Re: wireless internet

Post by [email protected] » August 7, 2018, 11:11 pm

Hi, I am looking for a wireless Internet connection at Nong Lee Hu, 4 kms out from Globe House.
I do not have a land line or even town water in my Soi. I am 500 mts from it.
I need to be on live streaming for 4 hrs/day with at least 10 Mbps download & 2 Mbps Upload..
Any info would be appreciated..Tony :-k

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 8, 2018, 10:20 am

[email protected] wrote:
August 7, 2018, 11:11 pm
Hi, I am looking for a wireless Internet connection at Nong Lee Hu, 4 kms out from Globe House.
I do not have a land line or even town water in my Soi. I am 500 mts from it.
I need to be on live streaming for 4 hrs/day with at least 10 Mbps download & 2 Mbps Upload..
Any info would be appreciated..Tony :-k
I am happy with our TOT fibre which is giving 20/10 at 390 Baht a month. So I would get a Thai speaker to call and see if they can connect.
image.jpg
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

dazzadazza
udonmap.com

Post by dazzadazza » August 8, 2018, 5:01 pm

It sounds like you need mobile internet.
It depends on your signal strength and if you have a 4G+ signal
I have used it and the AIS non stop 4G max speed, it is expensive at 1,500 a month for 300 Mbps download and 50 Mbps upload. I have also Used Dtac and that is just as good. I as I said it depends on which has the best 4G+ signal as that is the one you want to go for if you can find a package.

The actual speeds i was getting were about 70 Mbps and 30 upload on AIS Mobile but this depends and signal and the equipment you are using. I did see 120+ Mbps speeds when I was out and about.

http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/addon/en/nonstop.html

There are other packages, the was a 10 Mbps but I don;t see one at the moment for AIS.

Other providers have the same sort of deals.

What I did was buy a sim card for each provider at 50 THB each and check the signal for each one. They all have daily pay as you go internet so you can speed test them and see which is good for you.

I use an android App called "cell signal monitor" that has a graph of the mobile signal and you can walk around and find out where your best signal is and the actual strength of the signal. I also have a dual sim phone so I can monitor two carriers at the same time, but that is not required it is just useful for easy checking of which would be best.

It looks like this
Screenshot_20180808-162007_Cell Signal Monitor.jpg
I use a mobile phone to connect to my PC now as I have AIS Fiber now so I don;t use mobile internet much any more.

I used to use a 4g Router so you can share the internet and have WiFi and Ethernet which is a bit better long term and mobiles tend to get hot after a few hours on internet sharing. Though the 4G router just sits on a self now doing nothing. You have to be careful when buying a 4G router. All of the mobile shops don't sell very good ones and I got twice the speed by buying a good one from the internet.

If you can get fiber I recommend the AIS 200Mbps download 50 Mbps package as I have found this to be a really good service .
local.PNG
and also good on international routes like to the UK
uk.PNG
If you need more info let me know, also it may depend on what you actually want to do with the internet connection and if you have some service / app you want to use as your requirements seemed quite fixed as though you were trying to support something.

waltpong
udonmap.com

Post by waltpong » August 9, 2018, 2:07 am

Hi, I live in Phen but about 3 mile away but I get good service using ? Atom? D-Link router call 061-6190665
the store is just around the corner going to the post office from Tesco about 3? shops that has video games
playing in their store and its 495 bht for one month.

dazzadazza
udonmap.com

Post by dazzadazza » August 9, 2018, 9:03 am

Most 4g/LTE routers sold in Thailand are Cat 4 (they have 150mbs Download on the box)

The main Thai mobile carriers are now using LTE Advanced (4g+) which does Carrier aggregation as they have multiple frequencies on 1800 and 2100 MHz bands. So you need at least a Cat 6 4g/LTE router to benefit from the speed increase you could get.

put simply. They send two signals and you need a router that has a 300 mbs download speed on the box or higher. This way you can pick up two signals and nearly double your download speed as the ones with 150Mbs can only do one signal.

not a lot of 4G routers sold here support LTE advanced, but the good news is most mobile phones do support it.

Here is a list of devices that support LTE advanced and you can find the Huawei B525 here.

I got after getting a tp-link Archer MR200 and working out why my note 8 was nearly twice as fast as my router fist router.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_d ... E_Advanced

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » August 21, 2018, 7:51 pm

Hi, Sorry for the late reply..I am in Australia & have been at sea.

Thanks for your good info..

To "Sometimes W/W....No Fibre in my village yet.

To "Dazza" AIS 1500/mth sounds good......I don't know much about Routers tho.. Dose it boost the signal for Phone?

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » August 21, 2018, 10:28 pm

If you are using Skype yes if normal phone no

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”