Alternatives to Thailand

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
arjay
udonmap.com

Re: Alternatives to Thailand

Post by arjay » June 12, 2018, 7:58 pm

Thanks for the various suggestions guys, and the additional supporting info.

Is there anywhere else I should be thinking of (perhaps a bit outside the Asean box)? What about Goa, has anyone been there?

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » June 12, 2018, 8:27 pm

Merthyr Tydfil.....

It's in south Wales UK.

[-X

sunwavessand
udonmap.com

Post by sunwavessand » June 15, 2018, 7:50 am

Bali and Vietnam. Language-wise, Coron or Cebu in the Philippines.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 15, 2018, 2:48 pm

Queensland but you'll need to be a multi US$ millionaire to have the young sheilas interested in you.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » June 17, 2018, 6:21 am

arjay wrote:
June 12, 2018, 7:58 pm

Is there anywhere else I should be thinking of (perhaps a bit outside the Asean box)? What about Goa, has anyone been there?
Goa , been the 2 years running now ,in January ,i find it a sh-t hole ,the beaches are filthy ,be careful where you eat ,i was in Calangute area , Anjuna ,Candolim, so can only give opinion on these areas ,depends on what sort of time you want , i found the Bars full of richard brains , tossing bottles ,fighting , puking all over the place ,the noise , honk honk beep beep , bikes racing up and down ,( nice to hear the Enfield though) dust and sh-t everywhere ,word of advice make sure you have adequate insurance ,saw quite a few come unstuck with that one , 600 quid for 2 nights hospital stay , /Sun stroke , , helping him out was such a joy , 3 days back and forth ,trying to get him out of there was fun (NOT ) This is the typical brit mental place ,(i'm a brit ) everyone you talk to thinks it's wonderful ,They are blinded by the sun ,555 but i reason ,("take the sun away and what have you got " ) I wont be going back ,

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » June 17, 2018, 5:25 pm

Hoopoe wrote:
June 17, 2018, 6:21 am
arjay wrote:
June 12, 2018, 7:58 pm

Goa , been the 2 years running now ,in January ,i find it a sh-t hole ,the beaches are filthy ,be careful where you eat ,i was in Calangute area , Anjuna ,Candolim, so can only give opinion on these areas ,depends on what sort of time you want , i found the Bars full of richard brains , tossing bottles ,fighting , puking all over the place ,the noise , honk honk beep beep , bikes racing up and down ,( nice to hear the Enfield though) dust and sh-t everywhere ,word of advice make sure you have adequate insurance ,saw quite a few come unstuck with that one , 600 quid for 2 nights hospital stay , /Sun stroke , , helping him out was such a joy , 3 days back and forth ,trying to get him out of there was fun (NOT ) This is the typical brit mental place ,(i'm a brit ) everyone you talk to thinks it's wonderful ,They are blinded by the sun ,555 but i reason ,("take the sun away and what have you got " ) I wont be going back ,
Sounds like Pattaya.. I prefer Sri lanka, nice beaches, nice food, people not so pushy as in India and a lot cleaner

Return to “Travel & Transport”