747man
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2017/18

Post by 747man » May 26, 2018, 1:44 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 26, 2018, 12:31 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
May 22, 2018, 11:35 am
Nice to see that Graham Alexander has been given the chance to show what he can do at one of the "bigger" clubs.
So where has the great one gone ???? ... cant believe Chairman Swan has the offered the Iron job on a perminent basis to Daws .. big mistake n it will man a fight to stay in L1 next season not in the promotion mix ... we needed a new face with contacts to get in decent place ... the only contacts Daws has iis for Pizza Company n the Samaritans ..****.

Pleased to see the Yanks are taking over Adhocs Nigglys n Pan Pauls beloved Leeds .....expect some big changes there notably in the obesity of players and and locals having to learn another second language ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

DM ..there is life after playoff defeat !!!!
Maybe You'll get BIG Sam & Little Sam, If Yer Got a Spare 10 Million to pay them both !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 26, 2018, 3:00 pm

747man wrote:
May 26, 2018, 1:44 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 26, 2018, 12:31 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
May 22, 2018, 11:35 am
Nice to see that Graham Alexander has been given the chance to show what he can do at one of the "bigger" clubs.
So where has the great one gone ???? ... cant believe Chairman Swan has the offered the Iron job on a perminent basis to Daws .. big mistake n it will man a fight to stay in L1 next season not in the promotion mix ... we needed a new face with contacts to get in decent place ... the only contacts Daws has iis for Pizza Company n the Samaritans ..****.

Pleased to see the Yanks are taking over Adhocs Nigglys n Pan Pauls beloved Leeds .....expect some big changes there notably in the obesity of players and and locals having to learn another second language ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

DM ..there is life after playoff defeat !!!!
Maybe You'll get BIG Sam & Little Sam, If Yer Got a Spare 10 Million to pay them both !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wouldnt want the sam duo at any price 474 ... maybe Leeds may tho ???
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » May 26, 2018, 3:37 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 26, 2018, 3:00 pm
I wouldnt want the sam duo at any price 474 ... maybe Leeds may tho ???
Wouldn't really fancy the 2 Sams at ER, either singular or in tandem. having said that we do need a change of manager if anything interesting is to happen next season.
We keep hearing the right noises from ER, but these are not being backed up by actions. Not yet anyway.

MOT.

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » May 27, 2018, 10:12 am

I suppose we have to say congratulations to Fulham on their promotion to PL.
Local: the last round of matches of leg 1 of Thai T2 are played today.
After their first win in 10, sees Udon up to 7th. This evening they are at home to Samut Sakhon. Another win needed if they are to stay in touch.
Nongbua Pitchaya's away win at Rayong last week saw them go back to the top. This evening they are at home to Kasetsart. Another 3 points please.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 27, 2018, 11:22 am

Good to see Fulham FC and Slavisa Jokanovic back in the Prem next season.
but with so much at stake its rare to see a thiller.
Villa were less than poor, and only showed any attacking intention in the last 20 mins after Fulham were down to 10 men. It would have been a travisty if the lottery (play offs) had denied Fulham (the 3rd best team in the league) their rightfull promotion due to one moment of madness by one of their players.

Nice to see someone with Thai League connections in the Prem next year as well :lol:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 29, 2018, 6:26 am

League Two Play off Final

Coventry City 3 Exeter City 1
Congratulations to Coventry, who return immediately to League one after dropping out last year.
It has been a slow, but steady decline for Coventry since they dropped out of the Premiership in 2001. They only just made the play offs by finishing in sixth spot - but that was their highest league finish in a division since 1971 & the promotion is their first in 51 years.
This is manager Mark Robins second attempt at the club & he seems to have put the basics back together there.
7 of their Academy players were in the finals' squad & they mustered nearly 40,000 fans at Wembley so things certainly look on the up.
Not such good views on the horizon for well beaten Exeter. Steve Perryman has retired as director of football & their current league longest serving manager, Paul Tisdale, is probably heading to the vacant MK Dons job.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 29, 2018, 9:28 am

Well done to Coventry.Lets hope its the start of the way back for them.

Not forgetting Sundays League 1 play off......Rotherham 2 Shrewsbury 1 (AET)......heartbreak for Shrewsbury who just missed out on automatic promotion,coming 3rd,and look likely to lose their manager,Paul Hurst,to Ipswich.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 2, 2018, 7:52 am

An absolute disaster ! :cry: I'm only just coming to terms with the effect Brexit has had on my Company Pension and now this......and this is far worse !
John has been a player,youth team coach,assistant manager and manager of the club who he joined in 1984 as a 19 year old.
You certainly cant blame him for wanting to take on the Shrewsbury job and I wish him all the very best.He's been an absolute legend at Macclesfield Town FC and the club owes him an unsurmountable debt of gratitude.
As for the club now,the future is very uncertain without him but good news for fans of Forest Green and Cheltenham as it probably means only one of them can be relegated now next season ! ;)
John Askey.jpg
John Askey: Shrewsbury Town appoint Macclesfield Town boss as manager
John Askey had been manager of Macclesfield Town since April 2013
Shrewsbury Town have appointed John Askey, boss of National League champions Macclesfield, as manager on a three-year contract.
Askey takes over at the League One club just 48 hours after Paul Hurst departed to become Ipswich Town manager.
The 53-year-old had been in charge at Macclesfield since April 2013.
"The job at Macclesfield was done, I'd got them back into the League, and when this opportunity came up I couldn't turn it down," he told BBC Shropshire.
"Over the last few years I've been used to winning. As a player I was used to winning, and that's what I want to reproduce here."
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 2, 2018, 10:22 am

Looks like Adhoc got his wish .......

LEEDS SACK HECKINGBOTTOM

Paul Heckingbottom has been sacked as Leeds head coach after less than four months in charge at Elland Road, according to Sky sources.

Reports had earlier linked former Argentina, Athletic Bilbao and Marseille manager Marcelo Bielsa with the role and it is understood that Heckingbottom has now left the club.

The 40-year-old left Barnsley to take up the job in February and guided Leeds to a 13th-place finish in the Sky Bet Championship.

However, Heckingbottom guided Leeds to just four wins in 16 games after taking charge.

Heckingbottom succeeded Thomas Christiansen, who left the club on February 4.

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » June 2, 2018, 10:35 am

Not sure how this one will work out. He did well early in his management career, but his later appointments not so good. Here's hoping.

MOT

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » June 2, 2018, 10:47 am

No local games this week. Hostilities resume next weekend.
Udon's position is looking better after winning their last 2 games. Up to 6th. Nongbua Pitchaya continue their winning ways at the top.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180528-083153.png
Thai league 2 at the mid-season break.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 6, 2018, 7:21 pm

Seems DM is not the only one with a low opinion of Scunnies chances going forward .....

Sky Sources understand Scunthorpe United's Hakeeb Adelakun has told the club he will not be renewing his contract and will leave this summer.

We understand Championship clubs Nottingham Forest, Hull City and Sunderland are all interested in signing the young winger.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 11, 2018, 7:42 pm

Nice to see the Scunny fans at Wroclaw at the weekend ...... going to speedway matches is their only chance of taking in a European match

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » June 16, 2018, 10:44 am

Interesting times ahead at Elland Road next season. The appointment of Marcelo Bielsa is certainly going to put a very different look on things. Here's hoping. [-o< [-o<
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44498542

MOT

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 23, 2018, 7:47 pm

At last after all these years Eric Morcombe gets his dream score ..........

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44916496

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 28, 2018, 4:14 pm

LEEDS IN BAMFORD TALKS

Leeds United are in talks to sign Middlesbrough striker Patrick Bamford, according to Sky sources.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 28, 2018, 4:27 pm

Maybe need to change the thread topic header to 2018/19 in preparation for the new season which kicks off 4th August.

Not looking good for my beloved Scunthorpe Utd ... having let 2 or 3 key players go and not really buying anything to upgrade or even replace it could be a long bleak season IMO ... after the last 2 seasons of reaching the playoffs im predicting the Iron could well be at best mid table tho more likely in the relegation mix . This all stems from last years crazy decision to sack in my mind an excellent young well connected manager in Graham Alexander. Lets wait n see what chairman Swan does this time round .

Good luck to all the teams followed by the expat community here EVEN LEEDS !!

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 28, 2018, 6:03 pm

What about this DM..

BORTHWICK-JACKSON LOANED TO SCUNTHORPE

Manchester United defender Cameron Borthwick-Jackson has joined Scunthorpe on a season-long loan.

The 21-year-old made 14 appearances for United in the 2015/16 season but has not played for the first team during Jose Mourinho’s Old Trafford reign, and has had loan spells with Wolves and Leeds.

Borthwick-Jackson now takes a step down into League One but said of his new challenge: “I’m buzzing to be here and can’t wait to get started.”

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 28, 2018, 9:29 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
July 28, 2018, 6:03 pm
What about this DM..

BORTHWICK-JACKSON LOANED TO SCUNTHORPE

Manchester United defender Cameron Borthwick-Jackson has joined Scunthorpe on a season-long loan.

The 21-year-old made 14 appearances for United in the 2015/16 season but has not played for the first team during Jose Mourinho’s Old Trafford reign, and has had loan spells with Wolves and Leeds.

Borthwick-Jackson now takes a step down into League One but said of his new challenge: “I’m buzzing to be here and can’t wait to get started.”
YIPPEEEEEE F**KIN DO ... pleased hes buzzing its a fantastic place to live !!! :^o

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 28, 2018, 10:23 pm

If he has any sense he will live in Hull and drive down for training/games :lol: :lol:

Return to “World Sports”