Procedure for Selling Handgun

Miscellaneous goods for sale/wanted/free in Udon Thani
wpdrake
udonmap.com

Procedure for Selling Handgun

Post by wpdrake » May 8, 2018, 11:37 am

How do you sell a handgun? Smith and Wesson snub-nose 38 hand gun in excellent condition, fired on two occasions at gun range and professionally cleaned and oiled each time. Seller is Thai with ID/House Registration in Loei. Would prefer buyer from Udonthani so we don't have to drive too far for paperwork. Not sure about sale procedure in terms of what province is required (Seller province, Loie; or Buyer province, Udonthani). I believe that Buyer first obtains a P3 form, permission to buy from Amphur; Then Buyer obtains P4 Owners permit. I would appreciate any information as to how to go about selling this gun and what province we can sell. Price is negotiable, we have payment receipt for 90,000 baht, but any reasonable offer, in fact, any offer would be considered. The important thing seems to be not so much the price but how to go about the sale procedure and where. Phuket gun dealer said that the sale occurs where the Buyers ID/House Registration is; Udonthani gun dealer said sale occurs where Sellers ID/House Registration is, maybe I misunderstood. Any help would be appreciated, many thanks in advance. [email protected]

Armyvet
udonmap.com

Re: Procedure for Selling Handgun

Post by Armyvet » May 12, 2018, 10:13 am

Before you get misleading opinions on this site you need to check with the local amphur office that approves, or not, gun sales. The latest info we have from a local gun shop is sales, transfers are nearly impossible. If a person already owns a gun then no new one will be approved.

Armyvet
udonmap.com

Post by Armyvet » May 12, 2018, 10:32 am

I might add also the Udon Gun Club will no longer accept foreigners as new members. Again, things change so best source of info is to check with the gun club for changes.

wpdrake
udonmap.com

Post by wpdrake » May 30, 2018, 11:43 am

Hi Armyvet- Many thanks for the useful info, yes it seems way harder in Udon than in Phuket, or even Bangkok. There is a lot of variation. In Bangkok, there was some info about gifting the gun, so we may transfer to relatives. Between you and me, it is such a big problem when one is leaving permanently, I even considered digging a hole and burying my wife's handgun!!!

Armyvet
udonmap.com

Post by Armyvet » May 31, 2018, 10:28 am

Thanks for the reply. Gun laws often don't make sense but not much can be done under the current gov't.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » June 3, 2018, 1:57 pm

Maybe interested in your revolver. We are after one, and the missus Uncle is a policeman, and he was all for selling her one, so maybe we can rework the idea, so let me just run this past her when she gets home from the city tonight..any ammo with it ?? Burying it in our back yard if you must..

Armyvet
udonmap.com

Post by Armyvet » June 4, 2018, 10:07 am

Burying it in the back yard is probably not a viable option since the person it is still registered to will have to answer if it is ever discovered or used in any manner. Again, I suggest going to the amphur office and getting answers from the source.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » June 4, 2018, 11:02 am

In case it's of help here, there's a gun shop say 200 metres north (that would be towards the Tesco intersection/bridge + tunnel construction ) of the Udon Christian School. Near the library and planetarium. I doubt English is spoken, however.

Armyvet
udonmap.com

Post by Armyvet » June 6, 2018, 10:13 am

We have dealt with this gun shop. Our understanding is gun shops and we are dealing with Udon here, don't trade or buy back or deal in used guns. No doubt this creates an illegal market. The penalties for working outside the law are fairly stiff.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » June 6, 2018, 10:38 am

I have no particular knowledge of this shop's operations, happen to walk by most days, but just thought it might be a source of information, which you've probably summed up Armyvet.

Return to “Miscellaneous goods for sale/wanted/free”