renewing uk passports

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
mikefromp1
udonmap.com

renewing uk passports

Post by mikefromp1 » May 25, 2018, 12:10 pm

I have been browsing UK.GOV advice about passport renewal from abroad and some of the information seems to me to be incomplete, or perhaps I need re-assurance.

As I understand it a UK passport holder can use a proxy to visit the embassy with the relevant documents and filled out application form.

These documents are sent by courier to HMPO to be processed in the UK
Upto 4 weeks later the documents are returned to Thailand and the embassy
A proxy can collect them
The extant passport is returned along with the renewed passport, because the visa extensions will be needed

OR AM I COMPLETELY WRONG

Mike

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Re: renewing uk passports

Post by Wee Jimmy » May 25, 2018, 12:59 pm

Not advertising 'Key Visa Pattaya' but my mate just renewed his passport using them and his new passport was returned within approx 3 weeks. Very proffesional. The new passpost was posted SMSto his address in Nong Khai.
Takes all the hastle and worry away!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 25, 2018, 1:19 pm

Wee Jimmy wrote:
May 25, 2018, 12:59 pm
Not advertising 'Key Visa Pattaya' but my mate just renewed his passport using them and his new passport was returned within approx 3 weeks. Very proffesional. The new passpost was posted SMSto his address in Nong Khai.
Takes all the hastle and worry away!!
Yeah, But Just HOW MUCH Did it cost him Jimmy......IMHO Dead Easy to do it yerself although it takes a " Little Trip " to BKK To do it.....I Did Mine this time last year......EASY ! EASY ! EASY !

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 25, 2018, 1:20 pm

mikefromp1 wrote:
May 25, 2018, 12:10 pm
I have been browsing UK.GOV advice about passport renewal from abroad and some of the information seems to me to be incomplete, or perhaps I need re-assurance.

As I understand it a UK passport holder can use a proxy to visit the embassy with the relevant documents and filled out application form.

A proxy can collect them
The extant passport is returned along with the renewed passport, because the visa extensions will be needed

OR AM I COMPLETELY WRONG

Mike
Mike, The Embassy DO NOT Deal with the renewal of passports any longer.....

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » May 25, 2018, 2:54 pm

Cost him altogether about 5100 Baht. I think the return journey to BKK would be more about the same but you have the satisfaction by using Key Visa that it's being done by someone who has experience.
I went back to the UK and renewed mine early April but should l have to renew again l know who l shall use.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 25, 2018, 3:05 pm

Wee Jimmy wrote:
May 25, 2018, 2:54 pm
Cost him altogether about 5100 Baht. I think the return journey to BKK would be more about the same but you have the satisfaction by using Key Visa that it's being done by someone who has experience.
I went back to the UK and renewed mine early April but should l have to renew again l know who l shall use.
Jimmy, I Went down myself TWICE The 2 Return Flights cost me LESS Than 2,500 Baht....... :D :D :D :D

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 25, 2018, 7:22 pm

mikefromp1 wrote:
May 25, 2018, 12:10 pm

A proxy can collect them

OR AM I COMPLETELY WRONG

Mike
Mostly wrong.
Yes you can use a proxy, no you don't go to the embassy haven't for several years, it doesn't usually take as long as 4 weeks 1~2 is more probable, the old passport is not returned as it is never taken.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » May 26, 2018, 8:36 am

There is already a topic on this where it appears to be a fairly straightforward matter to do it yourself, no need to give your money to so called agents apparently.uk-passport-renewal-t40523.html
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » May 26, 2018, 10:24 am

yes very easy, download forms, make appointment at Trendy, go bangkok for Trendy meeting, then go back in 2 to 4 weeks to collect new passport when they notify you it is ready for collection

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 26, 2018, 11:33 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
May 26, 2018, 8:36 am
There is already a topic on this where it appears to be a fairly straightforward matter to do it yourself, no need to give your money to so called agents apparently.uk-passport-renewal-t40523.html
See My Post Above.....

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 27, 2018, 8:42 am

The full-service, no personal attendance passport renewal option may well be worth 5000 baht to the sick, mobility-challenged or someone who is just too old to travel. I would probably use it just because I am a flash, rich bugger.

The self-service method with quoted 2500 baht airfares is also broadly acceptable, especially if one can coordinate some other Bangkok-related business at the same time. I would probably use it because I want to catch up with some friends in Bangkok.

For those where both the above amounts are way, way too much, SRT and buses are still available. I would probably use the train before the bus if I had to watch my bawbees.

And minivans if you must. But I wouldn't.

Return to “Open Forum”