90 day non o visa

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

90 day non o visa

Post by newtovillagelife » May 11, 2018, 7:37 am

Hi,
Does anyone know whats involved in getting this visa at the Thai consulate in Vientiane. Thanks

papafarang
udonmap.com

Re: 90 day non o visa

Post by papafarang » May 11, 2018, 8:43 am

yes I had one 3 months back .i needed a 90 day non immo "O" before I could move on to a multiple. easy enough. best day is a Wednesday avoid Mondays and Thursdays as real busy
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » May 11, 2018, 9:22 am

What do I need for documentation, and do you need to show any proof of funds or income.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 11, 2018, 11:22 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
May 11, 2018, 9:22 am
What do I need for documentation, and do you need to show any proof of funds or income.
I had to hand over my Thai bankbook along with the usual application forms and photographs. Not sure if there is a minimum amount of Baht required for a 90 day. Do not listen to the guys outside the consulate who say they do not issue these visa's.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 11, 2018, 7:00 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
May 11, 2018, 9:22 am
It depends on the reason for the Non-O
for family you need proof of funds, income is not accepted AFIK

http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/consular/visa.php
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 12, 2018, 12:19 am

no sorry .for a 90 day non "O" in Vientiane you need a passport, house book, marriage certificate, and photocopy ID signed by your wife. no cash or bank statements needed . and before anyone says different ..please explain how I have been doing this for 6 years with not one issue about it ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 12, 2018, 12:27 am

and once you have a 90 day non "O" in Vientiane you then can go to savahnakhet and get a 12 month multiple entry .you need a passport, house book, marriage certificate, and photocopy ID signed by your wife. no cash or bank statements needed . and before anyone says different ..please explain how I have been doing this for 6 years with not one issue about it ? not sure but I also think you can get a 12 month multiple based on a uk old age pension. I'm just not that old yet :D

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 12, 2018, 12:41 pm

papafarang wrote:
May 12, 2018, 12:19 am
no sorry .for a 90 day non "O" in Vientiane you need a passport, house book, marriage certificate, and photocopy ID signed by your wife. no cash or bank statements needed . and before anyone says different ..please explain how I have been doing this for 6 years with not one issue about it ?
The embassies have been known to change the rules from time to time

It is the current guidence provided on the on the Vientiane embassy website, that proof of funds is required.http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org

The Savahnakhet consulate does not require proof of funds.
papafarang wrote:
May 12, 2018, 12:19 am
not sure but I also think you can get a 12 month multiple based on a uk old age pension. I'm just not that old yet
Multi entry Non-O visas are restricted to residents of Laos from the Vientiane embassy.

Non-OA long stay visas are only issued in the Country of nationality or country of residence from all embassies and consulates.
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 12, 2018, 12:49 pm

papafarang wrote:
May 12, 2018, 12:27 am
and once you have a 90 day non "O" in Vientiane you then can go to savahnakhet and get a 12 month multiple entry
There is no need to go to Vientiane first, just go directly to Savahnakhet

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » May 12, 2018, 1:28 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 12, 2018, 12:41 pm

The embassies have been known to change the rules from time to time
Yes, I always count on inconsistency when it comes to visa rules and procedures. What happens for you or me or someone else today, may not happen for any of us tomorrow -- but might happen for one of us next week.

Be prepared for just about anything. TIT.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 12, 2018, 2:35 pm

May 12, 2018, 12:49 pm
papafarang wrote:
and once you have a 90 day non "O" in Vientiane you then can go to savahnakhet and get a 12 month multiple entry
don't know why but without a 3 month non "O' first they won't giver a 12 month one, strange rule and much easier to go to Vientiane, except for the huge queue. I was 550 in the queue there, and 16 in the queue at savanakhet. I asked why so few, and turns out that tourist visas from there you need to show funds and a plane ticket out of thailand

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 12, 2018, 3:24 pm

papafarang wrote:
May 12, 2018, 2:35 pm
May 12, 2018, 12:49 pm
papafarang wrote:
don't know why but without a 3 month non "O' first they won't giver a 12 month one, strange rule and much easier to go to Vientiane, except for the huge queue. I was 550 in the queue there, and 16 in the queue at savanakhet. I asked why so few, and turns out that tourist visas from there you need to show funds and a plane ticket out of thailand
You probably went to Vientiane on the wrong day as I was number 7 in the queue with probably less than 1 or 2 hundred in total. If you go on a visa run day it is often bad. As I needed to fly in I had to stay 2 nights and I could have breakfast then saunter over to be near the head of the queue

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Re: 90 day non o visa.Multi Entry.

Post by Old Grumpy » December 4, 2018, 9:26 am

As an immigration officer friend of my wife, not from Udon office has informed her that after Dec31st proof of income will not be accepted in any form for both retirement and marriage visa's, meaning only the money in bank , 400 or 800k will be accepted, I am considering getting the above , so if anyone has any experience of this it would be really welcome.
Of particular interest, what countries can you get it, Singapore would be nice for me as I go there often?Having got it can you exit to any neighbouring country for the 90 day run? If I go to Singapore I don't need a visa to go, but what about others , say Laos as the nearest, do you get a visa every time or can you get a multi entry for there .
What about documentation and financial proof?What is needed?
I an buggered if I am putting a lump sum in a Thai bank at minimal interest so thought this could be the way forward and having an Asian holiday once a year to get it and getting a boot full of duty free doing the three 90 days .However I have never thought of doing this before so my info is limited , therefore welcome your advice, good or bad.
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 4, 2018, 9:43 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
December 4, 2018, 9:26 am
As an immigration officer friend of my wife, not from Udon office has informed her that after Dec31st proof of income will not be accepted in any form for both retirement and marriage visa's, meaning only the money in bank , 400 or 800k will be accepted, I am considering getting the above , so if anyone has any experience of this it would be really welcome.
Of particular interest, what countries can you get it, Singapore would be nice for me as I go there often?Having got it can you exit to any neighbouring country for the 90 day run? If I go to Singapore I don't need a visa to go, but what about others , say Laos as the nearest, do you get a visa every time or can you get a multi entry for there .
What about documentation and financial proof?What is needed?
I an buggered if I am putting a lump sum in a Thai bank at minimal interest so thought this could be the way forward and having an Asian holiday once a year to get it and getting a boot full of duty free doing the three 90 days .However I have never thought of doing this before so my info is limited , therefore welcome your advice, good or bad.
The cutoff date is wrong for most offices, certainly Udon has stated they will honour the 6 month valid period.

There has been no official word on what, if any, proof of income will be accepted.

SO you have an unofficial interpretation some, or all, of which is not generally accepted by many offices

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » December 5, 2018, 5:32 am

December 4, 2018, 9:43 am

The cutoff date is wrong for most offices, certainly Udon has stated they will honour the 6 month valid period.

There has been no official word on what, if any, proof of income will be accepted.

SO you have an unofficial interpretation some, or all, of which is not generally accepted by many offices
Well I didn't want to get involved in the speculation about the income letters just simply investigating alternatives available to me, that's why I wrote on this topic not the one about the letters, so I won't reply on here with the info I have been given, but it was from a seemingly reliable source, so you night be wise to do likewise, instead of living in hope
that "it will be alright on the night". :lol:
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 5, 2018, 6:36 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
December 5, 2018, 5:32 am
December 4, 2018, 9:43 am

Well I didn't want to get involved in the speculation about the income letters just simply investigating alternatives available to me, that's why I wrote on this topic not the one about the letters, so I won't reply on here with the info I have been given, but it was from a seemingly reliable source, so you night be wise to do likewise, instead of living in hope
that "it will be alright on the night". :lol:
I have not speculated, nor do I speculate, about the possibility (note, not probability) of using income.

I am just pointing out that the information you have given regarding a cutoff date contradicts every other source bar 1. There is currently only 1 office (and that is known to be difficult and invent its own rules) that has suggested they will change the rules for income information. All other offices, and most importantly, including Udon have said that income letters issued within 6 months of application WILL be accepted. No other office suggested that any change of rule regarding embassy issued letters will happen, in fact most have said they will not change.

No I don't work on the basis of "it will be alright on the night" and have been getting extensions of stay continually since 1991

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”