Grass Roots Footie 2017/18

General sports news and discussions.
Adhoc
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2017/18

Post by Adhoc » May 4, 2018, 11:54 pm

So it looks like Scunny have a chance of promotion.
Next season they may have a fixture at the citadel that is Elland Road. And I must say that it will be an honour and a privilege, for SUFC and both of their fans to be in such a hallowed place. 🤣🤣🤣

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 5, 2018, 2:10 pm

Adhoc wrote:
May 4, 2018, 11:54 pm
So it looks like Scunny have a chance of promotion.
Next season they may have a fixture at the citadel that is Elland Road. And I must say that it will be an honour and a privilege, for SUFC and both of their fans to be in such a hallowed place. 🤣🤣🤣
Fingers crossed Scunny can clinch promotion via the play offs Khun Adhoc then The Iron are guaranteed at least 6 points in the hat by taking the Mighty Whites ""Sleeping Giants should Comatose Dwarfs '' the the cleaners both home and away. :lol: :lol:
Still unsure who we will play in the play offs but at least weve managed to get there after spending all season in the top six despite a bad patch of a dozen or so games where we drew far too many well deserved IMO. The Iron are playing well and nice to see plans for the new 40,000 plus stadium have been given the green light in preperation for them finally getting into the EPL . [-o<

Good luck to Leeds on their quest to finish 14th SPOT , a real tense "ALL TO PLAY FOR " NOT scrap with QPR expected or it could well be 15th or 16th for them , worrying news Mick Mcarthey touted to be next Leeds manager then after him Chris Coleman followed .. both the latter are second favourites for the job as THE CRANKIES have also thrown their hat in the ring .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 5, 2018, 3:48 pm

40,000 plus stadium have been given the green light in preperation for them finally getting into the EPL.....555 !! That'll NEVER Happen Laaaarrrr !!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 5, 2018, 3:51 pm

Tell the mackems what will never happen and Leeds fans for that matter .... also Bournemouth FC ..from receivership league 2 to EPL ... crazier things have happened Laaaaar ..never discount your beloved Emerton doing a Sunderland. i would laff my tits off

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 5, 2018, 5:02 pm

i would laff my tits off.............You'll be WAITING A Loooonnnnggg Time Then.....

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 6, 2018, 7:49 am

Scunthorpe United 1 Bradford City 1
Cambridge United 5 Port Vale 0
Crewe Alexandra 2 Cheltenham Town 1
Forest Green Rovers 0 Grimsby Town 3
Tranmere Rovers 4 Ebbsfleet United 2
The Iron will be in the play offs...
League 1 top.png
League 1 top.png (23.62 KiB) Viewed 1696 times
Blackburn (at the first attempt) & Wigan automatically return to the Championship..
Shrewsbury, Rotherham, Scunthorpe & Charlton battle it out for the last spot..
League 1 bottom.png
League 1 bottom.png (15.82 KiB) Viewed 1696 times
Oldham, Northampton, MK Dons & Bury will all be lucky enough to visit Cheltenham next season.. :D

The day ended for the 3 League Two sides much as the season went - one to forget. However we are all there to battle again next season & hope for better outcomes!!
League 2 top.png
League 2 top.png (27.05 KiB) Viewed 1696 times
Accrington, Luton & Wycombe are all promoted.
Exeter, Notts County, Coventry & Lincoln City have 1 final spot between them.
League 2 bottom.png
League 2 bottom.png (10.53 KiB) Viewed 1696 times
Barnet & Chesterfield leave the League, as Morecambe hang on for a draw away at Coventry to deny a last minute Barnet escape.

Tranmere are through to the play off final but it was a close run thing that had to go into extra time while Ebbsfleet twice went into a lead in normal time!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 6, 2018, 11:06 am

As well as the Championship finale today there are also some play offs in the lower leagues.

Sutton Utd v Boreham Wood,Conference semi final
Harrogate v Chorley,Conference North semi final
Brackley Town v Bradford PA,Conference North semi final
Chelmsford City v Hampton & Richmond,Conference South semi final
Dartford v Braintree,Conference South semi final
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » May 6, 2018, 3:22 pm

Last game of the season today for LUFC. :D Hopefully they will get some better players in for next season. [-o<
Local: No wins in 7, and 7th place Udon are at home to Rayong FC today. A game they really need to win if they want to stay in touch, especially as they have no game next week.
Meanwhile, top of the table Nongbua Pitchaya are away at Sisaket. Nongbua's away results need to improve if they are to retain top spot come the 2nd half of the season. Home: W 6, D 0, L 0. Away W 1, D 3, L 0. The only unbeaten team in the top 2 leagues. \:D/

MOT

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 6, 2018, 8:36 pm

score.png
Well that was a dramatic last day at the bottom of the Championship, but rather an easy day at the top as Cardiff take the second promotion spot as Fulham have an off day...
table.png
table 1.png

Some end of season results for certain... :D

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 7, 2018, 7:27 am

Sutton United 2 Boreham Wood 3
Boreham Wood will play Tranmere in the National League promotion final after holding on to win at Sutton United.
fixtures.png
Championship play offs
fixtures 1.png
League One play offs
fixtures 1.png (33 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
fixtures 2.png
League Two play offs
fixtures 2.png (22.61 KiB) Viewed 1614 times

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 7, 2018, 9:00 am

Thanks for the fixtures schedule Bob ... i was hoping Scunny were away in the first leg but never mind what ever happens they got to do the job .. fingers crossed in fact im crossing everything even my ears 12.30 kick off upon police orders due to the close proximity of Tropical Scunthorpe and the immigrant infested special zone known as Rotherham.

Hoping the Iron can win or keep it tight at home ready for the away leg when the Rotherham ground staff have removed the coal dust off the pitch .

DM
UP THE IRON CLARET N BLUE ALL WAT THRU !!...you know it makes sense

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 7, 2018, 12:22 pm

I wonder if Sutton Utd were ever serious about promotion?

It would cost a fortune to replace their pitch with grass and then maintain it at an acceptable level :-k

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 7, 2018, 4:21 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 7, 2018, 12:22 pm
I wonder if Sutton Utd were ever serious about promotion?

It would cost a fortune to replace their pitch with grass and then maintain it at an acceptable level :-k
Well,they reckoned it would cost 600k to re-lay the pitch,statts,which is a lot of dosh but they would surely have wanted a day out at Wembley if nothing else.
Congrats to Boreham Wood making it to the Final.They are the smallest club in the Conference and the 540 fans that made the trip to Sutton yesterday are not far off their average home gate !
Macc and Tranmere fans have a good relationship and they are also a Cheshire based team.Boreham Wood would be a fairy tale if they made it into the Football League,though.
I,honestly,dont mind who wins......The Final at Wembley is this Saturday,kick off 3pm (9pm Thai).
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 11, 2018, 7:13 am

League 1 Play-Offs
Charlton Athletic 0 - 1 Shrewsbury Town
Advantage the Shrews...
The second leg is at Town's Montgomery Waters Meadow on Sunday at 17:15 BST.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 12, 2018, 7:33 am

Championship Play Offs
Derby County 1 Fulham 0
Close, close tie. Fulham had the lions' share of possession but could only muster 2 shots on target.
Fulham had been the form side going into the last Championship match where they surprisingly lost to Birmingham after a 23 match unbeaten streak.
Second leg in London on Monday promises to be another tight battle...

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 12, 2018, 9:01 am

Not that any real followers of football in its purist will need a reminder ..BUT ...

12-30 UK TIME 6-30 HERE ITS THE FIRST LEG PLAY OFF

SCUNNY v Rotherham ... im sure all the millions of SUFC fans around the world and the thousands based in Udon will be glued to the telly praying for an Iron win .

ALSO ... PROMOTION TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP FOR SCUNNY will see a keg of beer supplied by ME go over the bar in our old gaff The Tap @ 50 bt per pint !!!!

Up the Iron

DM

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » May 12, 2018, 10:18 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 12, 2018, 9:01 am

ALSO ... PROMOTION TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP FOR SCUNNY will see a keg of beer supplied by ME go over the bar in our old gaff The Tap @ 50 bt per pint !!!!
Thanks for the reminder, DM. It had completely slipped my mind.
Considering your generous offer, I will be hoping for Scunny to be promoted. :D
In this event, you will be playing Leeds United, and has they proved in their recent tour of Burma, they can defeat nations.
So you don't have much chance. :lol:

MOT

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » May 12, 2018, 10:30 am

Local football: No game for 8th place and fading fast Udon this week. Other results could see them drop to 10th.
Meanwhile a cracking game in store for Nongbua Pitchaya this evening. Following their unexpected first defeat of the season last week, a chance to bounce back when they take on PTT Rayong, the team who have taken top spot. So it's 2nd v 1st in Nongbualamphu. [-o<

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 12, 2018, 12:45 pm

Adhoc wrote:
May 12, 2018, 10:18 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Thanks for the reminder, DM. It had completely slipped my mind.
Considering your generous offer, I will be hoping for Scunny to be promoted. :D
In this event, you will be playing Leeds United, and has they proved in their recent tour of Burma, they can defeat nations.
So you don't have much chance. :lol:

MOT
Yes the MIGHTY WHITES v The MIGHTY BURMESE NATIONAL SIDE .. a real footballing world power house :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pleased you are rooting for a Scunny win and promotion .. not only for the 50 bt pint but i know you are a closet Iron fan ..alas you have more pressing issues tomorrow evening with the Ban Huay Butcher :yikes:

Big game in NBLP ..tomoz im betting on some dubious reffing decisions , dodgy pens n sendings off a plenty , hand bags at dawn bitch fights between players .. Thai refs are mostly crap , small man syndrome and have to be the star of the show makes their wieners bigger... its got a 2-2 draw written all over it this one.

6-30 PM ..Sky sports football .. Guinness n pizza @ The Tap

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 12, 2018, 2:13 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
Not that any real followers of football in its purist will need a reminder ..BUT ...

12-30 UK TIME 6-30 HERE ITS THE FIRST LEG PLAY OFF

SCUNNY v Rotherham ... im sure all the millions of SUFC fans around the world and the thousands based in Udon will be glued to the telly praying for an Iron win .

Up the Iron

DM
50 Baht a Pint :shock: :shock: , I Think You SHOULD Be giving it away " FREE " [-X [-X :-" :-"

Return to “World Sports”