Premier League 2017-18

General sports news and discussions.
goodison
udonmap.com

Re: Premier League 2017-18

Post by goodison » April 16, 2018, 6:33 am

Just wonder what's worse, a point in South Wales or losing at home to the bottom club. At least Jay Rodriguez can tell his Grandchildren that "he scored the goal that won the English Premier League title" albeit for Manchester City, he doesn't have to say who he was playing for, but he might mention the opponents and, furthermore the venue!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 16, 2018, 7:50 am

Newcastle 2 Arsenal 1
A very entertaining game which I thought,overall,Newcastle deserved to win.A typical Arsenal away performance,plenty of pretty passing football but no end product.One Newcastle player who has impressed me this season is Lascelles....did he used to play for Forest ? If Newcastle win at Everton next week they could be as high as 8th in the table which is a big tribute to Benitez who has worked small miracles with a very low budget.

Manchester United 0 WBA 1
In complete contrast this was an even bigger load of sh*te than the performance against Sevilla which takes some doing.Even worse than that,the posts from 747man and goodison make sense ! After the second half performance against City you would have thought Mourinho would have let them play free flowing football against the bottom club.Next year is his 3rd season where it usually goes badly wrong and he could end up replacing Allardyce at The Toffees.

Tonights match is West Ham v Stoke on at 2am Tuesday Thai.....another nail in Stokes coffin ?
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 16, 2018, 8:03 am

fixtures.png

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 16, 2018, 1:49 pm

And is there NOBODY out there that sees what Jose has managed ...... stopped the party last week and then give them the title when they are all on various golf courses and pubs up and down the country and cant celebrate with the fans at the final whistle ........... masterstroke ...... we cant do it but i'm going to make sure you don't get that special moment :lol:

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » April 16, 2018, 2:05 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 16, 2018, 1:49 pm
And is there NOBODY out there that sees what Jose has managed ...... we cant do it but I'm going to make sure you don't get that special moment :lol:
Shame on you, Statts [-X ; if you continue to carry on like that, 'you know who' will accuse you of being obsessed with unworthy opinions against his hero! ;) \:D/ \:D/

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 16, 2018, 5:33 pm

mathusalah80 wrote:
September 9, 2017, 4:30 pm

Hello Zid et al. Something for you to read to pass the time during half time, and between games! :-s :roll: :lol:

Midnight, the 31st August, not only marked the close of the transfer widow, but brought with it the absolute certainty of the identity of the EPL Champions Elect, for this season
unfortunately, this season's title has already been PURCHASED. So, for City, a SMALL CHANCE.
the Utd squad makes the squad of all other EPL club's, with the possible exception of City, totally insignificant by comparison. Not just a chance, but a CERTAINTY for the title.

Zid,
If you still want to back City, now you have seen the outcome of the Transfer Window, I offer you the same bet(two bottles of Chardonnay), with my taking Utd to finish above City! :lol: \:D/
No,mat,you are my hero for this post you made after the close of the August transfer window ! \:D/
I'm sure Jose and Pep will be smiling to themselves...... ;)
Oh,and I had a small win on the Thai lottery,as well,this afternoon.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 17, 2018, 7:45 am

West Ham 1 Stoke 1
Last minute equaliser by sub Andy Carroll probably condemn Stoke to the Championship & keep the Hammers in the Premiership. in fairness the hosts did have 3 goals disallowed in the game - although probably all rightly so.. :D

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 18, 2018, 7:53 am

Brighton & Hove Albion 1 Tottenham Hotspur 1
Brighton slowly but surely edge towards playing Premiership football again next season..

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 18, 2018, 9:13 am

Looking at Southampton and Stokes remaining fixtures,I would say that any side now on 35 or more points will be OK,which is good news for the fans of Huddersfield,West Ham and Brighton.
Swansea and Palace still need to get a point or so to be safe and,by co-incidence,Stokes last two games are Palace (h) and Swansea (a).

But whats this.......

Sam Allardyce: Everton send survey to fans asking to rate manager

Allardyce has failed to win over many of Everton's followers since succeeding Ronald Koeman in November
Everton have sent a survey to a group of supporters asking them to rate manager Sam Allardyce's performance on a scale of zero to 10.
The survey is part of an exercise with a fan panel designed to discover how connected they feel to the club.
Fans are asked to rate the statement: "I have a high level of trust in the current manager and coaching staff... e.g. in making the right decisions to get the best out of the team."
Allardyce, 63, took charge in November.
He has guided Everton to ninth in the Premier League after taking 27 points from 20 games, but there has been growing discontent among some supporters over what they perceive as a negative playing style.
Allardyce suffered abuse from supporters during and after Saturday's 1-1 draw at Swansea City, having been subjected to similar treatment after the defeat at Burnley in early March.

Reaction to Allardyce from Everton fans has been mostly negative.Typical was the response of a retired expat who lives in the NE of Thailand and wishes to remain anonymous for fear of cyber bullying on a local forum.
He said " Zero out of 10 why cant you give a MINUS.All season I've suffered TAUNTS from DELUDED ANALFIELD and MANUSH*TED halfwits" :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 18, 2018, 10:08 am

Didn't West Brom & Southampton both sack managers because they didn't play "pretty" footie ? :-k

Surely Everton won't follow in their fo
ot
st
eps :-k

or even HOW IT WAS SUBMITTED ....
11footsteps.jpg

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » April 18, 2018, 10:20 am

Zidane wrote:
April 18, 2018, 9:13 am
Looking at Southampton and Stokes remaining fixtures,I would say that any side now on 35 or more points will be OK,which is good news for the fans of Huddersfield,West Ham and Brighton.
Swansea and Palace still need to get a point or so to be safe and,by co-incidence,Stokes last two games are Palace (h) and Swansea (a).

But whats this.......

Sam Allardyce: Everton send survey to fans asking to rate manager

Allardyce has failed to win over many of Everton's followers since succeeding Ronald Koeman in November
Everton have sent a survey to a group of supporters asking them to rate manager Sam Allardyce's performance on a scale of zero to 10.
The survey is part of an exercise with a fan panel designed to discover how connected they feel to the club.
Fans are asked to rate the statement: "I have a high level of trust in the current manager and coaching staff... e.g. in making the right decisions to get the best out of the team."
Allardyce, 63, took charge in November.
He has guided Everton to ninth in the Premier League after taking 27 points from 20 games, but there has been growing discontent among some supporters over what they perceive as a negative playing style.
Allardyce suffered abuse from supporters during and after Saturday's 1-1 draw at Swansea City, having been subjected to similar treatment after the defeat at Burnley in early March.

Reaction to Allardyce from Everton fans has been mostly negative.Typical was the response of a retired expat who lives in the NE of Thailand and wishes to remain anonymous for fear of cyber bullying on a local forum.
He said " Zero out of 10 why cant you give a MINUS.All season I've suffered TAUNTS from DELUDED ANALFIELD and MANUSH*TED halfwits" :D
seriously, what an embarrassment of a club everton are

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 18, 2018, 10:33 am

Not sure why Poch insists on playing that useless pile of sh*te Aurier, why doesn't he just say "we made a monumental mistake signing the twot, so lets not compound it by playing him as well" Yet another 2 pts lost thanks to his complete lack of any defending ability, and worse still he seems to have lost any interest in overlapping and creating space and his crosses are now woeful at best [-X [-X [-X

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 18, 2018, 10:49 am

I Wonder who this is......?? Come On Name & Shame.....

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » April 18, 2018, 1:17 pm

Despite the pathetic questionnaire given out by everton fc asking their own fans for ideas how to run the club :oops: :oops: :oops: ,wayne rooney decided to send a personal letter
Attachments
30743146_1877326255622234_2074574971832631296_n.jpg

dezzer111
udonmap.com

ORe: Premier League 2017-18

Post by dezzer111 » April 18, 2018, 2:23 pm

TAXIfor7/11 wrote:
April 18, 2018, 1:17 pm
Despite the pathetic questionnaire given out by everton fc asking their own fans for ideas how to run the club :oops: :oops: :oops: ,wayne rooney decided to send a personal letter
=D>
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 18, 2018, 9:50 pm

Not a great deal of hope for the future then ....... If todays proff footballers Assoc manage to pick a side that has no left side of defense (Allonso couldn't defend if his life depended on it) two centre backs and a right wing back with NO defensive midfielders ..... and these are todays players making the choices , and more worryingly tomorrows coaches :yikes:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43810017

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 19, 2018, 8:13 am

Bournemouth 0 Man Utd 2
Described as
far from vintage United
by the BBC.
Rehearsal for the FA Cup semi?? Don't think so as, undoubtedly, Mourinho will go into that looking to sneak a goal & then throttle the life out of the game.
Pity as Lingard, especially, had another solid attack minded looking performance but it is unlikely that the front 3 will be him, Rashford & Martial as was the case in this game. Little wonder that there are rumours of the later 2 wanting away from United in order to get on the pitch more often.. :(

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 19, 2018, 11:40 am

Premier League winter break could be announced before end of season
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43812904

However, note that money still rules...
A break would be held in late January and early February 2020 and staggered to ensure games could be televised on each weekend.
The Football Association council talked about the move on Wednesday after reaching a deal to play the FA Cup fifth round in midweek without replays.

There will still be replays in the third and fourth rounds.

That would limit any potential financial impact on English Football League (EFL) teams missing out on extra gate revenue.
What is the betting that some of the clubs will be off to warmer climes for special tournaments or publicity games??

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 20, 2018, 8:39 am

core.png
core.png (5.61 KiB) Viewed 773 times
Chelsea keep up remote hopes of a top 4 finish - they are 5 points & -10 goal difference behind Spurs with 4 to go.
Bit of a stumble in their own European dreams for Burnley, but it could have been worse as the side chasing them (Leicester) could only draw.
Leicester are now 8 points adrift with 4 to play now..
Southampton have been playing well with zero reward, so at least they get a point out of their latest effort. Is it all too little too late for them though - 4 points behind a Swansea side who have a game in hand & 5 behind Palace.. To be fair on the managers at the club it is difficult to look beyond an owner (who has let over £200 million of talent leave the club over the last couple of seasons) when looking for reasons for their plight..

fixtures.png

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 20, 2018, 1:38 pm

"an owner (who has let over £200 million of talent leave the club over the last couple of seasons)"

To look at it another way who in their right minds wouldn't have taken the 200+ mill for what can only be described as "Average" players who at the time were looking far better prospects than they actually were, or who were refusing to play for the club anyway.

£12.5million for Nathaniel Clyne in 2015, £25million for Adam Lallana in 2014 and £34million for Sadio Mane in 2016 £11million for Victor Wanyama. Dejan Lovren (To Liverpool, 2014) - £20million Morgan Schneiderlin (To Manchester United, 2015) - £24million Graziano Pelle (To SD Luneng, 2016) - £13million Calum Chambers (To Arsenal, 2014) £16million Jay Rodriguez (To West Brom, 2017) £12million Arsenal actually kick-started the fun back in 2006 when they snapped up a 16-year-old Theo Walcott for around £12million, with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain following for £15million in 2011.

In fact Toby Alderweireld (To Tottenham, 2015) - £11.5million and Gareth Bale to spurs for 10 million in 2007 are the only two who can be said to have turned out to be anything like the players that their buyers thought they were getting

Return to “World Sports”