Cheats

General sports news and discussions.
vlad
udonmap.com

Re: Cheats

Post by vlad » March 27, 2018, 2:17 pm

Video Evidence has emerged of the main culprit who was rubbing the ball with tape, was also filmed in his Hotel putting sugar in his bowling pants ?? why sugar well it can be used as an Abrasive to rub the shine off one side of the ball.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » March 27, 2018, 2:45 pm

Don't if you guys can see the video but it's pretty damning. https://www.facebook.com/foxsportsaus/v ... 054386058/
Watch Me!!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 27, 2018, 4:01 pm

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » March 27, 2018, 5:03 pm

The gift that keeps on giving Barney. That bloody NSW mafia with their penal colony ways :D
https://www.facebook.com/triplej/videos ... 780590160/
Watch Me!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 27, 2018, 5:40 pm

One really has to worry about the intelligence of Smith & Co ...... If you are going to cheat, and you are preparing to do it ...... Why would you choose bright yellow tape and not use a flesh coloured plaster wrapped on an injured finger ?
Nothing like making it obvious [-X

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » March 28, 2018, 8:38 am

Australia ball-tampering: Steve Smith, David Warner & Cameron Bancroft sent home from SA
http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/43543713

But that would appear to be just the start..
Sutherland added that the sanctions to be handed down to Smith, Warner and Bancroft within the next 24 hours will be "significant".
As others have said, you have to wonder at the sanity of the 3 involved & why one of them didn't say 'Is this really a sensible thing to do'??

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 28, 2018, 9:54 am

Plus in the Test Australia lost all 10 wickets in the final session to slump from 57-0 to 107 all out to lose the match by 322 runs.
So the ball tampering did them a lot of good didnt it......... :confused:
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 28, 2018, 11:04 am

ABC commentator,Jim Maxwell,was on the Australian team flight to Johannesburg and gives an interesting insight as to what went on and who the main instigator was.....
Analysis - 'I'll be surprised if Warner plays for Australia again'
Jim Maxwell, ABC commentator on BBC Radio 5 live
It was such a blatant, brazen, pre-meditated act, what else was it other than cheating? We need to know pretty soon what these sanctions are.
Having travelled on the team plane from Cape Town, I was in one of those awkward situations where I wanted to say something to Steve Smith but whatever I said, it wasn't going to go the right way.
Warner's the one who really should wear most of this, and I'll be very surprised if he plays for Australia again.
He's clearly been ostracised by the rest of the players, I could see that in the body language on the plane, so I think he's pretty close to persona non grata from here on.
My understanding of the conversation is that it went like this. They were about to go out after lunch, and Smith saw Bancroft and Warner in collusion.
He said "what are you blokes doing? I don't want to know what you're doing", and then he went out onto the field.
Unfortunately, he didn't realise exactly how dire the act they were about to perpetrate on the field was. The cameras got them and Smith is going to cop a ban.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » March 28, 2018, 11:28 am

There is a long list of ball tampering over the years not justifying the act but just about every national team has been caught doing it except for NZ who restrict cheating to rugby. Sand paper in the pocket, mints, lip balm, picking seams etc. The blokes involved need a foot up the arse and a suspension but they're not the only cheats in the game

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » March 28, 2018, 1:11 pm

Hopefully the wash-up from this is that the ICC investigate all future allegations of cheating courtesy of ball tampering and where the evidence is irrefutable, the players who have conspired and initiated the cheating, are banished from the game internationally.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » March 28, 2018, 1:29 pm

Zidane wrote:
March 28, 2018, 9:54 am
Plus in the Test Australia lost all 10 wickets in the final session to slump from 57-0 to 107 all out to lose the match by 322 runs.
So the ball tampering did them a lot of good didnt it......... :confused:
You got it all wrong Zid. Lillee and Marsh had $100.00, at 500/1, on them being all out within the session. The boys were just obliging. It's the Aussie way cobber :D
Watch Me!!

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » March 28, 2018, 4:38 pm

12 months Smith, 12 months Warner and 9 months Bancroft. More than what Hershel Gibbs got for throwing matches for Hansie.
Watch Me!!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » March 28, 2018, 6:03 pm

Smith, 28, and Bancroft, 25, have also been suspended from captaining Australia for the next two years.

Warner, 31, will not be considered for "any team leadership positions in the future", Cricket Australia said.

@MichaelVaughan
Follow Follow @MichaelVaughan

Steve Smith I think is a good guy who made a huge mistake ... He needed punishing but I think this is too harsh ... Bancroft who I don’t know was led astray but deserved punishing but again too harshly IMO ... The other guy I really don’t care about ...

2:30 am - 28 Mar 2018

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 28, 2018, 7:08 pm

An ABC survey couldn't manage to find ANYBODY that cared about "the other guy" until his mum changed her mind after being told he would be spending at least half a year at home from now on 8-[

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » March 28, 2018, 7:10 pm

Watch Me!!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 28, 2018, 8:49 pm

Penalty is to harsh IMO.
It is a precedent penalty that no other country has or will follow.
Why is it an ACB penalty and not an ICC penalty.
It was an International tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » March 28, 2018, 11:34 pm

Id say playing another Country is an international game , match . or Contest doesn't realy matter what it was barney they were caught cheating and should have the full weight of the law laid on them. Personally id ban them from International cricket for life.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » March 29, 2018, 12:15 am

Hang them from the highest tree

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » March 29, 2018, 4:47 am

vlad wrote:
March 28, 2018, 11:34 pm
Id say playing another Country is an international game , match . or Contest doesn't realy matter what it was barney they were caught cheating and should have the full weight of the law laid on them. Personally id ban them from International cricket for life.
\

I do not follow or understand cricket, but I agree that the cheats should be banned forever. In baseball Pete Rose was caught betting on games, including his own team. Not only did he break baseball's golden rule (betting) he was the manager of the team and could influence the final result of games.

Rose has been banned from baseball for life in any capacity, and kept out of the Hall of Fame despite his all-star statistics.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » March 29, 2018, 5:43 am

Barney wrote:
March 28, 2018, 8:49 pm
Penalty is to harsh IMO.
It is a precedent penalty that no other country has or will follow.
Why is it an ACB penalty and not an ICC penalty.
It was an International tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They have the right of appeal and I hope Smith does. CA has made an example of them but with a decent silk I think Smith could argue that he wasn't his brothers keeper (not in the Rod Marsh sense). Warner seems the real villain and Bancroft just dumb and misguided junior player. I think it would be just for Smith and Bancroft to miss 6 months and be available at the start of the next Australian season. I don't think Warner's suspension length matters as there is very little chance that he will play first class cricket again in Australia. He will just have to resign himself to making $3 or $4 million a year on the 20/20 circuit around the world.
Watch Me!!

Return to “World Sports”