Yet another school shooting in the US

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by Lone Star » February 17, 2018, 10:05 am

domfromoz wrote:
February 17, 2018, 9:49 am
If this is typical of the yank attitude,they should look at changing the anthem line "God Bless America " to "God help America".
You're entitled to your opinion. :) Hate on.

AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » February 17, 2018, 10:55 am

The gun laws just encourage and entrench natural selection good old US of A style. The civilised need not concern themselves as it will all turn out for the best.
Watch Me!!

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » February 17, 2018, 11:14 am

semperfiguy wrote:
February 16, 2018, 6:37 pm
It's not about gun control....it's about government control!
It's not about gun control or government control. It's about the senseless slaughter of children that occurs with great regularity compared to other countries. How are you going to stop these massacres from happening? What are you doing differently from other countries who don't have this problem?
Do you care about the slaughter of these children? It seems that you don't and that you are devoid of compassion.
Watch Me!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 17, 2018, 11:29 am

Giggle wrote:
February 17, 2018, 5:03 am
tataw wrote:
February 17, 2018, 3:28 am
If it had not been him, it would have been some other sad sick young man.
Sexist misandry at its finest.
I guess you think your puerile and glib dismissal is that much better?

tataw
udonmap.com

Post by tataw » February 17, 2018, 11:47 am

tamada wrote:
February 17, 2018, 11:29 am
Giggle wrote:
tataw wrote:
Actually the letter is not from me but by an Aunt who lost her daughter in the tragedy and I suggest you research it.

tataw
udonmap.com

Post by tataw » February 17, 2018, 11:47 am

Sorry niece

tataw
udonmap.com

Post by tataw » February 17, 2018, 11:50 am

Just in case you cannot be bothered

http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world ... 78064.html

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 17, 2018, 11:55 am

tataw wrote:
February 17, 2018, 11:47 am
tamada wrote:
February 17, 2018, 11:29 am
Giggle wrote:
tataw wrote:
Actually the letter is not from me but by an Aunt who lost her daughter in the tragedy and I suggest you research it.
But giggle is the member taking the p!ss out of someone's pain, not me.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 17, 2018, 11:58 am

semperfiguy wrote:
February 16, 2018, 4:56 pm
Let's narrow this down a little bit and see just how prolific these gun deaths from mass shootings really are in the US. In 2017 there were 317 deaths from mass shootings. There are 19,354 incorporated cities in the US (regardless of size), so that means that on the average only 1 person within every 61 cities died from a mass shooting. I would venture to say that more people than that have choked to death on chunks of steak, so why don't we just ban the sale of beef? 40,260 people were killed in traffic accidents, or just over 2 people in every 61 cities, so why don't we just ban cars? The entire gun ban argument seems pretty ridiculous when you look at it from a different perspective.
So you read the dailydire as well? It's only ridiculous to those who somehow rationalize that "on the average only 1 person within every 61 cities died from a mass shooting" and those who don't seem to think that the needless waste of "only 1" life is any great loss, is somehow not prolific and insignificant.What sort of perspective is that?

BTW, the 'ban beef' and 'ban cars' nonsense has been done to death already. It did get a good giggle when it was first trotted out oh so many years ago when school shootings were an annual event but now just gets a (barely) stifled yawn.

But if you insist on recycling absurdities, try this. Do you know they've banned peanuts on most commercial airplanes after just one-in-million passengers died of anaphylactic shock? Just another example of the outrageous trampling of the peanut lovers civil liberties by big government... but we live in hope.
semperfiguy wrote:
February 16, 2018, 4:56 pm
It's the mass media that perpetuates all the hype over the gun issue, and all the uniformed idiots in our society continually fall for their rhetoric.
And the ones not in uniform?

I know, I know... I'm taking the p!ss now.

...but spell-check is your friend.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 17, 2018, 12:22 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 17, 2018, 6:39 am
neeemu wrote:
February 16, 2018, 6:57 pm
It's nothing personal, apparently the majority of your country are equally bright. Why do you have to arm yourself in the 'Home of the brave?'
You can't walk it back now. Your comment was directed toward me.

The Home of the Brave is also the Home of the Free. The US is a free society with Individual Liberties and Rights. There are risks in free societies that come in various forms. That free society also allows citizens the freedom to defend themselves against these risks.

I realize that some western societies have allowed their governments to take away their rights to self defense, but the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave is still free.
Ah yes.... the myth of the "US is a free society with Individual Liberties and Rights".

The US is an intertwining morass of laws, rules and regulations at state and Federal levels. The US probably has the most standing legal statutes of any civilized nation. The question of civilization aside, when it comes to the amount of laws, the EU is probably getting up there but they are not a nation no matter how much some bureaucrats want it to be. But I digress.

Americans LOVE their laws. Americans CRAVE their laws and Americans CLAMOR for more protections that are ultimately ensconced in yet another statute. Americans are scared sh!tless about not having enough laws to protect them when in reality and despite the claim to being FREE, they are the most cowed, overawed and sheepish tribe going. And when there isn't a specific law to protect one's unique happenstance, there's always a lawyer around that can argue one to fit or, failing that, file a lawsuit. I mean where else (and why else) would 'escaping' from a simple traffic ticket charge hold such high social regard... and cost a small fortune?

Meanwhile, I'm off to watch our campsite dog chasing her tail again. She's just a puppy too.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 17, 2018, 1:31 pm

Correction.

LIB Americans LOVE their laws. LIB Americans CRAVE their laws and LIB Americans CLAMOR for more protections that are ultimately ensconced in yet another statute.

Conservatives like me want smaller government. LIBs think the answer to everything is more government, more regulation and more laws.

LIBs seek the group legislation. Conservatives know and realize that the Constitution is for all American citizens -- regardless of groups.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 17, 2018, 2:33 pm

After so many instances of mass murder in American schools it has been suggested that to increase the safety of all the kids, all schools will close immediately. All students will from today stay at home. We appreciate that many students will feel unsafe in the home environment, so just to make them feel a bit safer and because they don't have school to take up their time we are using the millions of dollars saved by not having to pay teachers to provide each and every student with the latest state of the art automatic gun, which will enable them to spend their time kneeling by the window and preparing for an attack. There have been some complaints from stupid LIBs that the kids would just be sitting at home playing with guns and not be educated, but hey, how much education do you need to pull a trigger.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 17, 2018, 3:37 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
February 17, 2018, 2:33 pm
After so many instances of mass murder in American schools it has been suggested that to increase the safety of all the kids, all schools will close immediately. All students will from today stay at home. We appreciate that many students will feel unsafe in the home environment, so just to make them feel a bit safer and because they don't have school to take up their time we are using the millions of dollars saved by not having to pay teachers to provide each and every student with the latest state of the art automatic gun, which will enable them to spend their time kneeling by the window and preparing for an attack. There have been some complaints from stupid LIBs that the kids would just be sitting at home playing with guns and not be educated, but hey, how much education do you need to pull a trigge

=D> =D> =D>

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 17, 2018, 3:56 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 17, 2018, 1:31 pm
Correction.

LIB Americans LOVE their laws. LIB Americans CRAVE their laws and LIB Americans CLAMOR for more protections that are ultimately ensconced in yet another statute.

Conservatives like me want smaller government. LIBs think the answer to everything is more government, more regulation and more laws.

LIBs seek the group legislation. Conservatives know and realize that the Constitution is for all American citizens -- regardless of groups.
[/quote

The constitution is for all americans.

Guns (including automatic rifles) are for all americans. Including the mentally unstable.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 17, 2018, 5:16 pm

In the US gun ownership is a RIGHT. ... The RIGHT to own a firearm is taken away from those with documented psychological issues and those who have a felony criminal record.

You need to keep up in the back, skinner. :)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 17, 2018, 6:48 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 17, 2018, 5:16 pm

In the US gun ownership is a RIGHT. ... The RIGHT to own a firearm is taken away from those with documented psychological issues and those who have a felony criminal record.

If only they were so blinkered when it came to THE RIGHT of a school kid to be alive at the end of a school day #-o

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 17, 2018, 7:06 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
February 17, 2018, 6:48 pm
... THE RIGHT of a school kid to be alive at the end of a school day #-o
None of us have the right to be alive at the end of the day -- either through accident, act of God and/or Nature, or any one of number of ways that our lives can be taken.

This was a tragedy that could have been stopped before it ever started had authorities taken the warnings seriously. It also could have been stopped in progress had the rights of individuals not been infringed in a "gun-free zone". It's no accident that gun-free zones are chosen for most of these occurrences.

You're from a society that gave up your right to defend yourselves. I don't expect you to understand, and I'll never try to tell you what you should do there. I don't care because I don't live there, and it's none of my business -- and I don't even have an opinion of it. But as always, you're entitled to your opinion.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 17, 2018, 7:50 pm

Would have thought with all the scientific progress that has been made they would have identified where that missing brain cell went in the American Gene pool ..... somebody probably shot the scientist working on it

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 17, 2018, 8:06 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 17, 2018, 5:16 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jimmy-kimmel ... 13584.html

What a f***ED UP country. Repealing laws that try to stop the mentally ill buying automatic weapons.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 17, 2018, 8:08 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
February 17, 2018, 7:50 pm
Would have thought with all the scientific progress that has been made they would have identified where that missing brain cell went in the American Gene pool ..... somebody probably shot the scientist working on it
Americans don't do science , God created the world. 5555

Return to “Open Forum”