Thai Smile.

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
vlad
udonmap.com

Thai Smile.

Post by vlad » January 9, 2018, 12:52 am

I booked a flight with Thai Smile in November 2017 and paid 1600 tbt to fly from Swampy up to Udon on February 15, 2018, My flight from Abu Dhabi lands at 12-50pm So I booked there 2-45 pm flight up to Udon. On new years day, I received an E-mail from Thai Smile informing me there 2-45 pm flight had been brought forward to 12-45 no reason was given So I contacted them to rebook me on their 5 pm flight five days later they contacted me and told me they would reimburse my fare but it will take 45 days to pay the fee back into my account. I asked again why can't you just book me on your later flight there answer was we will reimburse you but it will take up to 45 days seems there customer care isn't up to that much so now I have to get the shuttle bus over to DM and book Nok or Air Asia.

neeemu
udonmap.com

Re: Thai Smile.

Post by neeemu » January 9, 2018, 1:25 am

Their flights are generally full so it seems they no longer care. Bring back Bangkok Air!

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » January 9, 2018, 2:23 am

Thai Smile website is still taking bookings for the 15th February. You could book a seat on line or just take a punt on arrival & toddle up to Domestic Departures when you’ve collected your bags
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » January 9, 2018, 3:21 am

Yes, i was thinking that neeemu, no we are sorry for the inconvenience or any other explanation. Niggly i have already paid them so why should I have to pay again they won't even reimburse my fare immediately they just said it could take up to 45 days to pay back into my bank.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » January 9, 2018, 3:50 am

I know you’ve already paid them but you need a flight & the only alternative is traipsing to Don Muang & paying another airline with just as bad customer service. The “up to 45 days” for a refund is clearly in their T&Cs so it’s no good complaining about it here.
Personally I’d prefer the ride on a travelator up to Domestics

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » January 9, 2018, 7:46 am

BTW, guys, if you're flying Thai Smile, always check the same flight on both websites, -- Thai Smile and Thai Airways. They are rarely the same price. Sometimes the Thai Smile website is cheaper; sometimes the Thai Airways website is cheaper. I have found that it's well worth the extra couple of minutes it takes to check.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 9, 2018, 9:50 am

vlad wrote:
January 9, 2018, 12:52 am
I booked a flight with Thai Smile in November 2017 and paid 1600 tbt to fly from Swampy up to Udon on February 15, 2018, My flight from Abu Dhabi lands at 12-50pm So I booked there 2-45 pm flight up to Udon. On new years day, I received an E-mail from Thai Smile informing me there 2-45 pm flight had been brought forward to 12-45 no reason was given So I contacted them to rebook me on their 5 pm flight five days later they contacted me and told me they would reimburse my fare but it will take 45 days to pay the fee back into my account. I asked again why can't you just book me on your later flight there answer was we will reimburse you but it will take up to 45 days seems there customer care isn't up to that much so now I have to get the shuttle bus over to DM and book Nok or Air Asia.
This happens a lot in Thailand with many merchants.

It took me over 30 days to get a 27,000 baht refund on a GPS that was defective and returned within 48 hours. There are many instances where merchants just don't have an easy way to doing things. I'm not happy with it, but I have come to expect it.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » January 9, 2018, 10:06 am

Thai smile was changed to "somber"...
Still under that..I guess

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » January 9, 2018, 4:46 pm

Lone Star wrote:
January 9, 2018, 9:50 am
vlad wrote:
January 9, 2018, 12:52 am
This happens a lot in Thailand with many merchants.

It took me over 30 days to get a 27,000 baht refund on a GPS that was defective and returned within 48 hours. There are many instances where merchants just don't have an easy way to doing things. I'm not happy with it, but I have come to expect it.
Try getting money from an insurance company. When my truck was stolen, the Royal Thai Police did an admirable job and identified the culprits fairly quickly, but by then the truck was in Laos. So I did all the paperwork, returned the extra key to the insurance company, etc. Should have been easy peazy, right? Noooooooooooo. It took nearly six months to be paid.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » January 9, 2018, 5:49 pm

I don't think 45 days to refund is unusual. I've recently sold a property & having paid for utilities & tax on advance Direct Debit I was due a refund. All 3 companies said it could take up to 45 days.
I bought some bits on my credit card in Central a couple of years back & the payment went through twice. I called the credit card company & they agreed but again, said the refund would take 45 days.
.........& don't get me started on insurance payouts :irked:. They just use any excuse in the book to delay a payment

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » February 19, 2018, 6:30 pm

vlad wrote:
January 9, 2018, 3:21 am
Yes, i was thinking that neeemu, no we are sorry for the inconvenience or any other explanation. Niggly i have already paid them so why should I have to pay again they won't even reimburse my fare immediately they just said it could take up to 45 days to pay back into my bank.

What happened in the end then? You must be there now

Return to “Travel & Transport”