Crypto-currencies: The future is now

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » January 31, 2015, 6:15 pm

Bitcoin Mining Firm CoinTerra Files for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy

Bitcoin mining company CoinTerra has filed for bankruptcy.

CoinTerra has between $10m and $50m in assets, with liabilities within the same range, according to court documents. The firm has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection, meaning it is likely to liquidate all assets in its bid to repay secured creditors.

CoinTerra stated that it would be unable to repay unsecured investors and named hundreds of creditors in its filing, which was submitted on 24th January.
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-mining- ... ankruptcy/ (empasis added)

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » January 31, 2015, 6:31 pm

Sounds like back to the future for those who invested in bitcoins.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

leterry60614
udonmap.com

Post by leterry60614 » March 11, 2015, 8:40 am

It's 2015 and bitcoin is still going. The Wall Street Journal reports that investors put $116 million in bitcoin startup 21 Inc

From Reuters NewsPro. http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0M703H20150311

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 4, 2015, 11:49 pm

Sad to say but Bitcoin, after just one game, will no longer be sponsoring the St. Petersburg Bowl. North Carolina State won that game over Central Florida.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... -bowl-game
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

old timer
udonmap.com

Post by old timer » April 5, 2015, 3:20 pm

What use is crypto if you can't spend it?
Nobody can take a pocket full of crypto to the shopping mall and have a spend up.
Not considered a currency in OT's opinion. Leave it to the tech heads to go for broke on a non existent "investment".

OT............... \:D/

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » August 23, 2015, 7:56 pm

Bitcoin exchange CEO's arrest leaves trail of unanswered questions

A little update for the Bitcoin fans
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakin ... 67224.html

ytrewq
udonmap.com

Re: Crypto-currencies: The future is now

Post by ytrewq » August 13, 2017, 2:40 pm

BTC price at USD $4100++ today.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » August 14, 2017, 9:08 am

I was advised to buy bitcoin a few months ago @36,000b but couldn't work it out how to get my hands on them.watched them go past the price of gold a week or two later...went on a site called satang but he wanted way over the price.(25%).anyway I didn't trust it with all the fraud going around.pity it wasn't as easy as popping into a bank and buying them.was thinking of buying 50 at 36,000b.never mind maybe in next life.got a mate with 2 of them and he bought them ages ago for next to nothing.got told when they were first issued,bloke said yeah you can buy drugs and have people killed with them,well who would want to invest in that one.i think they were about a dollar each back then.as I understand there was 21 million to start with but there's been plenty of people lose them and now 16.5 million left.i think they will keep on going up but only time will tell.i would of sold off 40 of the 50 so I had 10 for free but it never came about.has anyone got a story to tell of bitcoin?

ytrewq
udonmap.com

Post by ytrewq » November 27, 2017, 2:36 am

BTC price at USD $9000++ today. Naysayers in this thread... :lol:

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » November 27, 2017, 9:33 am

Yeah, still a lot of leverage for gamblers left. They haven't reached the level of the Dutch tulip bulbs in the 17th Century yet when tulips were used as a form of money in their own right, and one single bulb was enough to buy you a manor. :lol:

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » November 27, 2017, 10:48 am

There's still along way to go with bitcoin,there's more and more people learning how to deal in crypto currency every day and ehteruem is also on the March.bitcoin is nearly 10 fold what I was trying to buy in March.when all the pessimists were telling me to stay clear I didn't listen but just couldn't work it out and safety was an issue too.what a lot of people don't understand too is that you don't have to buy a whole bitcoin or spend a whole bitcoin.i think I read somewhere that if a bitcoin was worth say $1,000,000 you can sped $1 in a store that accepts bitcoin.anyway it all boils down to supply and demand and demand is growing by the hour.i think a lot of my problem was being in a 3rd world country with a 3rd class bkk bank Visa card.in the uk they have bitcoin ATM machines to purchase them.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » November 27, 2017, 12:51 pm

When your money is too dirty for even the most corrupt of banks to launder, try Bitcoin.

Bitcoin, the currency of choice for the really, really corrupt.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ks-want-in
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

ytrewq
udonmap.com

Post by ytrewq » November 29, 2017, 7:19 am

JimboPSM wrote:
November 27, 2017, 12:51 pm
When your money is too dirty for even the most corrupt of banks to launder, try Bitcoin.

No, try a Trump branded property. "Buy" a condo for $x million and they'll "sell" it on your behalf for $xx million.

Lost on the ignorant and/or misinformed is the fact that CASH (fiat) has always been and will always be the #1 currency used by criminals as it is untraceable and easily converted to other assets (like Trump's condos) and then back to "clean" cash.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 29, 2017, 9:30 am

ytrewq wrote:
November 29, 2017, 7:19 am
JimboPSM wrote:
November 27, 2017, 12:51 pm

No, try a Trump branded property. "Buy" a condo for $x million and they'll "sell" it on your behalf for $xx million.

Lost on the ignorant and/or misinformed is the fact that CASH (fiat) has always been and will always be the #1 currency used by criminals as it is untraceable and easily converted to other assets (like Trump's condos) and then back to "clean" cash.
Yeah, but even Walter White found stashing cash in his air conditioner vent to be a royal pain in the rear.
It would seem to me that if governments feel they're getting screwed by crypto currencies (as they did with Swiss bank account and off shore accounts)....eventually they'll take action against. In the meantime, them tulips sure look pretty!

ytrewq
udonmap.com

Post by ytrewq » December 11, 2017, 2:29 am

USD $15k++ as I type this with trading on 2 USA regulated futures exchanges to begin this week and next.

Naysayers on this thread are officially laughingstocks, aren't they? LOL

ytrewq
udonmap.com

Post by ytrewq » December 13, 2017, 6:27 am

LTC spiked to $325+ today.
BTC is currently $17.5k+

Must be a lot of crypto-currency millionaires being created this year... ;)

The whole world seems to be waking up to crypto. Zimbabwe, Venezuela, Japan, South Korea, China, etc. are well on the bandwagon. As the EURO and USD disintegrate under incompetent leadership, crypto will become the new safe haven.

If just 5% of the world's currency is crypto, BTC share of that makes it necessarily $1M+ per coin. Think about that...

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 2, 2018, 8:11 pm

For kicks, I asked google, "how to create a crypto currency?" When I found out how relatively easy it is to create one, I asked, "how many are there?" As of the end of 2017 there were 1381.........and growing. The mind boggles! One of the millions of "how does it work?" links led me to this:

https://www.nbc.com/late-night-with-set ... rk/3640247

delboytrotter
udonmap.com

Post by delboytrotter » January 2, 2018, 11:34 pm

I have had cripto for many years.IMO the next one to look at is Loyal Coin which will launch on Feb 11th. It has already been excepted by outlets such as 7-11, Starbucks, T J Fridays to name but a few. Seminar Launch in BKK next Saturday, well worth a look.
TIT BUTCHERS & DRY GOODS: FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/trottersudonthani/ | PHONE 065-250-6104 | HOURS: 10AM to 6PM Tuesday thru Sunday / Closed Mondays. | GPS: Lat: 17.388260 Long: 102.764710

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 4, 2018, 9:54 am

xrp Ripple is having a good run, number 2 to bitcoin, go go go you good thing....

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » January 6, 2018, 3:44 pm

fatbob wrote:
January 4, 2018, 9:54 am
xrp Ripple is having a good run, number 2 to bitcoin, go go go you good thing....

Granted XRP Ripple is way up on last years value, but it took a bit of a correction on Friday
XRP Ripple Chart 1.png
XRP Ripple Chart 1
XRP Ripple  Chart Friday.png
XRP Ripple Chart Friday
But agree with you that is on the move heading upwards, even more.

Its still nearly 10 times its value from in early December 2017

pipoz4444 \:D/
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”