Big Windows 10 Update

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
parrot
udonmap.com

Big Windows 10 Update

Post by parrot » December 7, 2017, 12:43 pm

I received the message below last night on my Windows homepage.......although I've received many windows 10 updates over the past few years, this is the first time I received such a message. The actual update did seem to take longer than other updates....but in the end, all's working well.
Windows 10......for all the controversy about MS and Windows....what's not to like? It was free. It's updated regularly. I no longer run CC cleaner, defrag, or individual spyware/virus programs as Windows 10 seems to take care of all that. Once a week or so, I receive a tiny notification saying the computer has been scanned and all is fine.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Re: Big Windows 10 Update

Post by JimboPSM » December 7, 2017, 2:41 pm

I got the same message, but I’ve “snoozed” its installation for three days as, if there are any major problems, they should be obvious by then and (hopefully) Microsoft will have fixed them.
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » December 7, 2017, 5:42 pm

I personally want the Windows 10 update download and install done when I know laptop will be free for a while and because I use it over WIFI I set the connection as metered so no auto download. Will probably check next week for update

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » December 8, 2017, 9:38 am

Strange happenings, saw the post Big Windows Upgrade, better read that, clicked on the link, and right as I clicked on the link the computer went ding dong, gave me a pop up window sound and the window opened to the same photo above saying there was a big up grade, HUm, I sat there for a moment thinking, is there a link when you click on the Post ?, what are the chances you click on a post about an upgrade and at the same time your computer pops up a window saying there is an upgrade available, me thinks a billion to one, up grade went fine about 15 minutes.
Master Builder

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » December 8, 2017, 12:40 pm

took me 3 hours to grab it and install, beware

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 20, 2017, 9:03 am

Microsoft have just sent me a mail reminding that the earliest versions of Windows 10 are no longer supported by them & so will no longer be receiving security updates.
As long as you regularly let Windows 10 update itself then that will not be an issue. However if you have had 10 for a long time & resisted updates then it could well be!!

To assist users Microsoft have released a Windows 10 update Assistant.
This ....
Scans your machine to ensure it’s ready for updates

Tells you which version of Windows you’re currently running

Provides guidance if anything needs adjustment

Keeps your current files, apps, and settings intact during installation

Works with virtually any PC, laptop or tablet
The Assistant can be (automatically) downloaded at::
https://click.email.microsoftemail.com/ ... ff4b69af39

gprit
udonmap.com

Post by gprit » December 20, 2017, 12:06 pm

One more reason not to use WIN10 at all, or even Microsoft.
How long has WIN10 been out?? ...and they drop support for original product already????!!!

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”