Dr. & Security Man: My Prediction

General Udon Thani topics only!
felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » November 15, 2017, 9:52 pm

Early this morning while sitting at the Military Hospital (7am) waiting for 9am Dr to show up to review my wifes x-rays to see if the screws can be removed from her foot, following last years accident when a brain damaged kid slammed into us, I was watching channel 3 News (the only thing on). The News guy was talking wildly about the Doctor who hit the Secturity Guard.......This raised my eye, because you don't see much condemation here in the "Land of Amazing Thailand".
Well, then after "the case" was portrayed over and over by the Police and a different car, again and again, I told my wife "this is stupid, why do these people care about 1 Security Guard, when they know, all the Doctor has to do is pay some money to the family and make it go away, like the Redbull guy"?
Well then my other eye raised....................
The media is priming the Public for a case dismissal should the Security Guard obtain councel to Represent him. The Defendants Lawyer will proclaim that his client cannot get a fair/ unbiased jury and will demand the case be dismissed, because channel 3 covers all of Thailand and all are now "biased" because the NEWS told them so, and the News must be right...right?
The issue at hand is not whether he did it, but whether the Dr. can save his face and continue his work.
Not a good face to save....but thats just my Prediction....

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Re: Dr. & Security Man: My Prediction

Post by DuiDui49 » November 16, 2017, 7:33 pm

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » November 16, 2017, 8:41 pm

tl:dr

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 16, 2017, 10:30 pm

From what you say and also looking at the rising vocal and social media challenges to these 'accidents' like the drunk red bull heir and the motorbike cop, the drunk benz dealership guy that killed 2 students and this drunk doctor and the security guard, it appears that Thai lawyers have finally realized that there's a big paycheck in defending the indefensible, same as they do 'in the west'.

However, the rich perpetrators here will still payoff victims families and victims families will still accept these payoffs. IMHO, only the Thai lawyers are doing better these days.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 17, 2017, 10:55 am

if it goes viral on social media you can pretty much bet that the perpetrator is going to suffer legal, civil or criminal penalties..
Dave

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 22, 2017, 5:29 pm

Shock horror, the rich getting away with crimes/imprisonment coz they are willing to pay .......... was that Thailand or America that it happens?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42071456

Well it certainly explains why several Americans that I know are so blase when it comes to police corruption :roll:

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » November 22, 2017, 5:54 pm

Maybe I misunderstand you, stattointhailand, so you think Americans are joking about Police "thugery"?
Tell me another country where you can be stopped for a burned out tail light and end up with your head fractured and facing 10 -20 yers in prison?
If I am wrong about your post, I apologise.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”