One for the golfers

Sports, Leisure and Adventure for the active minded. (Udon Thani related topics only)
Rockfossil
udonmap.com

One for the golfers

Post by Rockfossil » November 22, 2017, 9:16 am

When you play 9 holes at any course and you tip your caddy, say 200 bht, do you tip them 400 bht when you play 18 ?
Is there a "standard" rate for tipping caddies, like in a restaurant situation, you normally tip the waitress a minimum of 20 bht, but more if the service is above average ? I sometimes would rather drag my own bag around the course, but this is not allowed, and the caddies, like waitress, can sometimes be rather average. Very interested to get feed back on this service.

panmotor
udonmap.com

Re: One for the golfers

Post by panmotor » November 22, 2017, 10:15 am

Personally I pay a standard minimum THB 300 for 18 holes and THB 200 if I am doing 9.

Occasionally I might give an extra 20 or 50 but that would be the exception to the rule.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » November 22, 2017, 12:33 pm

300 baht for 18 holes plus a drink at a drinks stop if a good caddie.

86Tiger
udonmap.com

Post by 86Tiger » November 23, 2017, 12:36 pm

As per everything, I tip as per quality of service provided. If she (or he) knows her stuff, johnny on spot with club, ball mark, etc. and knows all the lines it is worth more than one simply hoofing the bag.

I also like to have fun with them. If I got a good’un often I’ll add abonus of couple hundred baht for every birdie. I don’t make many birdies but it does increase the concentration of a caddie to know cash is on the line for her.

I love to golf with Thai caddies...........

Return to “Sports, Leisure and Adventure in Udon Thani”