Udon Thani Airport

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
lassebasse
udonmap.com

Udon Thani Airport

Post by lassebasse » November 18, 2017, 1:26 pm

Is there a service of plastic wrapping your luggage at Udon Thani Airport. Never saw one before but now when they have added a new terminal I thought that maybe there is one.

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani Airport

Post by 747man » November 18, 2017, 1:38 pm

lassebasse wrote:
November 18, 2017, 1:26 pm
Is there a service of plastic wrapping your luggage at Udon Thani Airport. Never saw one before but now when they have added a new terminal I thought that maybe there is one.
Not Last time I Was there 2 Weeks Ago...... :shock: :shock:

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » November 18, 2017, 6:42 pm

lassebasse wrote:
November 18, 2017, 1:26 pm
I was there 2 days ago and did not see a plastic wrapping service.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 18, 2017, 7:06 pm

My Air Asia friend at the airport says there's no concession that provides that service in Udon

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 18, 2017, 7:54 pm

As a suggestion you can got Marco and buy a Large/Wide role of Saran Wrap (Canadian term) and wrap it yourself which they do with in Marco on pallets of boxes themselves

Hope this helps
Doodoo

camps
udonmap.com

Post by camps » January 6, 2018, 4:56 pm

Does Anyone know if the 6:30am ThaiSmile fight to Bangkok (BKK) still operates..Looking on their website for June,but not listed. Have looked on other sites and its listed as a Thai Airways flight...cheers

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 6, 2018, 5:04 pm

Looks like the earliest flight at the moment to Swampy is 9:10 AM
thai smile.png
https://www.udonthaniairport.com/flight-status/

They seem to have a Peak Season & Off season schedule, but don't put up the schedule until they reach that 'season'.

Last year I booked up my flights to England early (February) & so booked a hotel for 1 night in Bangkok as there was no flight to get me to my late morning flight... By the time I travelled (July) a could have caught the early morning Thai Smile flight instead!!! :shock:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 6, 2018, 5:12 pm

Is there no airline ombudsman or the like that can force them into telling the public the truth?

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 6, 2018, 5:14 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
January 6, 2018, 5:12 pm
Is there no airline ombudsman or the like that can force them into telling the public the truth?
:lol: :lol: TIT...... :lol: :lol:

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » January 6, 2018, 5:36 pm

I fly down to BKK tomorrow ,it would seem Thai smile are re -organising their schedual , they have changed my flights 4 times over the last month ,i have just received another change for the return trip in 2 weeks time ,

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 6, 2018, 5:58 pm

747man wrote:
January 6, 2018, 5:14 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
:lol: :lol: TIT...... :lol: :lol:
I hear what you say 747, but there are international organisations with enough "clout" and able to issue enough threats to bypass even TOTAL APATHY. :lol:

camps
udonmap.com

Post by camps » January 6, 2018, 6:37 pm

BobHelm wrote:
January 6, 2018, 5:04 pm
Looks like the earliest flight at the moment to Swampy is 9:10 AM

thai smile.png

https://www.udonthaniairport.com/flight-status/

They seem to have a Peak Season & Off season schedule, but don't put up the schedule until they reach that 'season'.

Last year I booked up my flights to England early (February) & so booked a hotel for 1 night in Bangkok as there was no flight to get me to my late morning flight... By the time I travelled (July) a could have caught the early morning Thai Smile flight instead!!! :shock:
The same happened to a mate of mine, he was on a Air France mid morning departure... The 6:30am Udon departure was (is) brilliant for the likes of British Airways, Air France, KLM flights to the UK etc.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » January 7, 2018, 7:48 am

I’ve got 6.30am Thai Smile ticket for end of March
so hope it’s ok

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » January 7, 2018, 8:00 am

stattointhailand wrote:
They can't even let parents know when the summer school break begins a week before it begins. It's all about maintaining control and not committing to anything until the last possible second. It's Thai culture.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » January 7, 2018, 8:23 am

Giggle wrote:
January 7, 2018, 8:00 am
stattointhailand wrote:
They can't even let parents know when the summer school break begins a week before it begins. It's all about maintaining control and not committing to anything until the last possible second. It's Thai culture.
Correct.Knowledge is power.
Voiceover for hire.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » January 7, 2018, 8:27 am

I have some apprehension about booking early bargain fares with Air Asia. Three person return fares Udon to Chiang Mai for 5,000 baht is great but..... If, as on a previous occasion, they subsequently change flight times significantly (or cancel altogether), hotel and hired car bookings messed up too. Before, I was going to Hanoi, until I cancelled because of a large change in timings. Whilst they agreed to refund the Bkk - Hanoi return flight costs, they insisted the Udon - Bangkok flights stood, even those were clearly connecting flights and with them, not another airline. I think it years back now, but I saw an article published in Europe about the responsibilities of airlines, if they cancel, change etc., which, if I recall, applied to budget trips as well. But, ticking boxes on booking to the effect YOU will meet costs in an emergency situation (what counts as an emergency?) I guess means you'd have to fight hard to get compensation here.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » January 7, 2018, 8:42 am

Brian Davis wrote:
January 7, 2018, 8:27 am
I guess means you'd have to fight hard to get compensation here.
Good luck with that. You can't squeeze blood from a turnip. Once the payment passes from your hand to theirs, it's typically gone. As Shylock explained Antonio's debt, "The pound of flesh which I demand of him Is deerely bought, 'tis mine, and I will haue it." This is not a consumer-oriented society. :badteeth:
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 7, 2018, 8:57 am

Book it on Visa Credit Card and you can challenge the refund with the bank. Services not provided.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » January 7, 2018, 10:51 am

... booking early bargain fares with Air Asia. Three person return fares Udon to Chiang Mai for 5,000 baht is great :-s

It is an excellent return price,Brian,but I thought only Nok Air flew from Udon to Chiang Mai ? :-k
Have Air Asia also started a direct flight from Udon,otherwise you would have to fly via Bangkok ?
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 7, 2018, 11:08 am

airline schedule from Udon News site http://udon-news.com/en/traveling/the-a ... -thani-uth
Dave

Return to “Travel & Transport”