11santa.jpg

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Premier League 2017-18

Post by stattointhailand » October 17, 2017, 10:21 pm

Craig Shakespeare sacked

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41656917

Much ado about nothing really

At what cost, at what cost, sweet mistress accost.

Alas poor craigy I knew him well

"Of their 10 matches this season - eight in the league and two in the EFL Cup - Leicester have won three and drawn three, losing four.

But they have won only once in the league - a 2-0 victory at home to Brighton on 19 August.

Their four defeats have come against Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool."

This season Managers are EXPECTED to not lose against Arsenal Chelsea and Liverpool

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 19, 2017, 3:59 pm

"PAPER TALK

Rafa Benitez turning down an offer to manage Everton is one of the key stories on the back of the papers this morning. "

With where his family are still living this must say everything about the state of Everton at the moment :-k

Perhaps he feels klopps reign is nearing its end :-$

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 19, 2017, 6:44 pm

11Amanda.jpg
Why have I got this uneasy feeling about Amanda Staveley in high heels running to the Gallowgate End and screaming "Where are yer .......... let's be 'avin u" :oops: #-o

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 19, 2017, 6:50 pm

On Monday we brought you news that Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley had put the club up for sale.

Sky Sports News are now reporting that PCP Capital Partners, an investment company run by Amanda Staveley, has signed a confidentiality agreement with the club's owners ahead of "a period of due diligence of club finances".

Businesswoman Staveley was in the directors' box at St James' Park when Newcastle hosted Liverpool earlier this month.

Ashley hopes to sell the club by Christmas.
nrwk.png

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 19, 2017, 8:01 pm

Am I reading too much into this from Slav Bilic press confrerence ........ based on the fact that Adrian has been quoted in the papers as saying he wanted a move if Hart stays as no1 :-k

"Adrian had (verbal??) diarrhoea for a couple of days with a little bit of vomiting (stuff out of his mouth??) but he feels much better and he is back training today." :lol: :lol: Slav is renowned for a dry sense of humour :lol:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 20, 2017, 6:51 am

fixtures.png
The last game on Sunday probably the pick of the weekend games for the neutral!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 20, 2017, 11:01 am

"The last game on Sunday probably the pick of the weekend games for the neutral!!"

hmmmm based on last weeks "must see" game , I think I might consider an early night and just watch the lowlights :lol:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 21, 2017, 8:15 am

West Ham 0 Brighton 3 :-s

West Ham manager Slaven Bilic says he is "not worried" but is "realistic" about his future after the Hammers lost 3-0 to Brighton at London Stadium.
The home fans booed throughout and thousands left the ground early following Brighton's third goal, which sealed the visitors' first away win of the season.
West Ham slipped to 17th in the table and will drop into the relegation zone if Leicester beat Swansea on Saturday.
"The speculation was here before," said Bilic.
"I'm manager of the team. I don't want to hide behind anything. It's my responsibility and it's up to the board."
Brighton took the lead after 10 minutes when the unmarked Glenn Murray headed in Pascal Gross' free-kick.
Moments before the break Jose Izquierdo curled past Joe Hart from distance, despite the England goalkeeper getting a strong hand to the ball.
Murray added his second from the penalty spot in the 75th minute after he was fouled by Pablo Zabaleta.
Although they dominated possession, West Ham had only two shots on target, long-range efforts from Pedro Obiang and Manuel Lanzini.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 21, 2017, 11:13 pm

DMrHIC7X0AAD2D0.jpg

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 22, 2017, 8:56 am

Chelsea 4 Watford 2
This was a great game for the neutral to watch and Watford can count themselves a bit unlucky not to get a share of the spoils.Indeed,either side of them leading 2-1,Richarlison missed two gilt edged chances that would surely have put them out of sight.But all credit to Chelsea who battled back from being on the ropes.Morata had an indifferent game and it was an inspired substitution by Conte bringing on Batshuayi who scored two goals.It was end to end stuff throughout and two cracking goals from Pedro and Doucoure.

Unfortunately I then watched the Huddersfield v United game :( should have flipped over to the Citeh match instead....
Where do I begin ? Firstly,congratulations to Huddersfield who thoroughly deserved their win.They were really "up for it" and won nearly every 50-50 challenge.
Uniteds man of the match ? I would have to split it between Blind,Romero,Darmian and McTominay who were the unused substitutes !
Mourinho said afterwards that Uniteds attitude was "worse than a pre-season friendly" and he is 100% correct.
They were shocking.Terrible errors from Mata and Lindelof to give Huddersfield their two goals.Its hard to find an United player who could say he had even an average game,they were that bad.
I will single out Martial,though,who gave the most inept display from a United player that I have seen for a long time. [-X He was substituted after 45 minutes and it might just as well being 45 seconds.I've read reports that Barcelona are supposedly interested in him ! :-s It can only be as a ball boy,surely not a player ? :badteeth:

The late match finished Southampton 1 West Brom 0......didn't watch it but apparently Boufals 85th minute winner will be a contender for goal of the season.

Tonight its Everton v Arsenal at 7.30pm Thai and The Spuds v Liverpool at 10pm Thai.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 22, 2017, 3:26 pm

"I will single out Martial,though,who gave the most inept display from a United player that I have seen for a long time. [-X He was substituted after 45 minutes and it might just as well being 45 seconds.I've read reports that Barcelona are supposedly interested in him ! :-s It can only be as a ball boy,surely not a player ? :badteeth:"

I would have singled out Lindelof Zid :lol:

United managed to conceed as many goals within 10 mins of his introduction than they had in the previous 8 and a bit games ...... or put another way Huddersfield managed to score twice as many goals in 10 minutes with him as an opposing defender than they had managed in their previous 6 and a bit games :shock:

:-$ Toon up to 6th :confused:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 22, 2017, 3:36 pm

Can Everton manage to be the 4th side to occupy the 18th position this weekend?

Friday Leicester replaced by West Ham
Saturday West Ham replaced by Stoke
Sunday Stoke replaced Everton if the lose by 2 goals v Gooners (unlikely but who knows)

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 22, 2017, 9:39 pm

Everton 2-5 Arsenal
Oh dear, oh dear.
What a shambles... :(

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 23, 2017, 12:10 am

Spuds 4 - 1 'pool

Lovren yanked after 30 mins and replaced with the Ox :shock:

Think Klopp was about 2 months late with that.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » October 23, 2017, 2:02 am

Merseyside 3 North London 9 :-$
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 23, 2017, 9:43 am

Everton 2 Arsenal 5
Believe it or not I thought Everton played better last night for the first hour or so :-s but that all changed with Gueyes sending off and they then fell apart.
Scoring 2 goals shouldn't mask the fact they have little or no attack or any midfielders who can sit on the ball and dictate play.This means they are constantly under pressure and Jagielka,Williams and Baines are all in their 30's,coming to the end of their careers,and cant cope.
The one shining light is keeper Pickford who managed to keep the score down as Arsenal attacked at will.For Arsenals 5th goal,Sanchez was surrounded by five Everton defenders and still found a way through.....defending non existent.
So Everton slip into the bottom 3 and to make matters worse,David Moyes is being touted as returning as manager :yikes:
Surely not ? He's screwed up big time in his last 3 jobs at United,Real Sociedad and Sunderland.747man had better get to know the guys on the "grass roots footie" forum as soon as possible if it happens ! 8)
A lot of blame is coming Koemans way but what about Director of Football,Steve Walsh ? His job to negotiate the new signings.Not replacing Lukaku was unbelievable.....once Giroud opted to stay at Arsenal they had no-one else in the pipeline to sign.......what about the likes of Vardy,Antonio,Austin,Rondon,Carroll etc ?....better than what they have at the moment.

Tottenham 4 Liverpool 1
Once again Liverpools terrible defending was exposed.None of the keeper and back 4 exude confidence.Klopp says he doesn't teach them to defend like this so if they cant change they should be replaced.He's had 2 years to sort it.Its no good if you are great going forward but always likely to concede when your opponent attacks.
That said,The Spuds played some great stuff.Kane is on fire,at the moment and Son had an excellent game also.....some smart saves from Lloris as Liverpool attacked,as well.

But if the two Merseyside clubs have a problem in central defence,spare a thought for Manchester United fans......Victor Lindelof and Chris Smalling.....a combination from hell ! :roll:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 23, 2017, 11:23 am

Vardy,Antonio,Austin,Rondon,Carroll etc ?...

1, Vardy,Maybe but He's another Disruptive NARK in the dressing room....
2,Antonio, ????
3,Austin, He's a DORSET Boy That's why he moved SOUTH From Londinium....
4,Rondon, Big Carthorse....
5,Carroll,An Even Bigger Carthorse....
So There's My Opinions of YOU'RE Choices Andy.....Thanks But NO Thanks !!!!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 23, 2017, 11:47 am

Well,Charlie Austin used to play for Burnley which is quite a distance away from Dorset !
Antonio has been called up by England but I guess he's slipped under your radar......

Looking further afield.......hows about this guy.....95 goals in 137 appearances for Borussia Dortmund......wont come cheap,mind. ;)

Pierre-Emerick Emiliano François Aubameyang born 18 June 1989) is a French-born Gabonese professional footballer who plays for German Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund and the Gabon national team. He is known for his speed, having clocked 30 metres in 3.7 seconds, and his capability of playing as a forward or a winger.
He began his career at Milan, who loaned him to four French clubs before he joined Saint-Étienne permanently in 2011. After winning the 2013 Coupe de la Ligue Final, he joined Dortmund, where he has twice won the DFL-Supercup in 2013 and 2014. Despite playing once for France Under-21, Aubameyang made his senior international debut for Gabon in 2009, and has represented them at three Africa Cup of Nations tournaments and the 2012 Olympics.
Aubameyang was the winner of CAF's African Footballer of the Year award in 2015, becoming the first Gabonese player to win the award.
In December 2016, he was named by The Guardian as the eighth-best footballer in the world.
He is the son of former Gabonese captain Pierre Aubameyang.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » October 23, 2017, 12:48 pm

My lot would like a striker - ANY striker. :lol:

Return to “World Sports”