DiCaprio movie on climate change free till Nov 6

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: DiCaprio movie on climate change free till Nov 6

Post by Lone Star » November 18, 2016, 3:59 pm

This climate/weather thing being discussed by a sandwich maker isn't very reliable anyway; but I guess he thinks he's more qualified than a geography teacher or a Christian who believes in creationism. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since this thread is about Leo's movie, I'd like to hear what the Believers think is true about his Hollywood blockbuster. I know the scenes were dynamic and exiting, but I'm curious to know what facts, and from where they were obtained, are in the movie. :-k

AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 18, 2016, 4:47 pm

:lol: , lack of self control old bean . if you believe planet earth was not even in existence 10,000 years ago, and Noah's ark actually had dinosaurs on then up to you.
'but I guess he thinks he's more qualified than a geography teacher or a Christian who believes in creationism'
yes I am actually . 'a sandwich maker isn't very reliable anyway' . mmm getting nasty, is that your only way to deal with it, is that your best retort ? sadly your seem to do that on most threads, and baiting and trolling me only gives other members something to laugh about.
anyway it was a interesting movie anyway.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 18, 2016, 5:35 pm

Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » November 18, 2016, 5:41 pm

According to Stephen Hawking, our days are numbered — unless we find a new planet to live on.

During a talk at Oxford Union debating society this week, the renowned theoretical physicist said that humanity probably only has about 1,000 years left before we go extinct.

In his 74 years, Hawking has spoken several times about our doomed fate, with the risk of things like nuclear war increasing as well as the oncoming threat of global warming. He has also warned that the development of artificial intelligence could end mankind .

Our only hope of escaping these dangers, says Hawking, is by finding another habitable planet.

"We must also continue to go into space for the future of humanity," he said. "I don’t think we will survive another 1,000 years without escaping beyond our fragile planet."
© Provided by Business Insider Inc hawking
NASA launched its Kepler spacecraft in 2009, whose mission is to do just that.

It was designed to search the nearby region of our galaxy for Earth-sized planets orbiting in the habitable zone of stars similar to our sun.

This zone is also called the "Goldilocks zone" because it is the range where pressure and temperature are "just right" for liquid water to exist on a planet's surface.

This year, the astronomers were excited by the discovery of Proxima B, which is an Earth-size planet orbiting in the star Proxima Centauri's habitable zone.

It also lies just 4.2 light-years away from us, which in space terms is pretty close. So far, Proxima B looks like our best chance of escape.

Hawking's speech ended with him encouraging the students to stay curious and told them to remember to "look up to the stars and not down at your feet."

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 18, 2016, 6:47 pm

The nearest star is Proxima Centauri at a distance of 4.2 light years. At a speed of 150,000 miles per hour from a passive slingshot maneuver, it would take about 17,900 years to reach this star.
I don't think we will be visiting there any time soon. that would also mean 220 generations born in space on the way. humans on earth and the astronauts wouldn't even speak the same language, technology on the craft would advance so slow, and 300 years into the flight they would be over taken by the next faster ship we build . this kind of travel just impossible. ok maybe in 500 years we might routinely operate on mars, that's if it turns out we find water, and we find a reason to actually go there. ok send probes and lets see what's out there, but like the moon, it wasn't made out of cheese, turned out to be a rock that funny enough is made from the same rock as earth, that's way we don't bother with the moon anymore

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » November 18, 2016, 9:28 pm

papafarang wrote:yes I am actually . 'a sandwich maker isn't very reliable anyway' . mmm getting nasty, is that your only way to deal with it, is that your best retort ?
Only doing what you do. :) Discounting someone's view based on their occupation.

Not very fair is it? :-"

Later.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 18, 2016, 10:28 pm

here you go. have a read. and also a bit on one of his colleagues. it didn't take long for this thread to end in the gutter did it .
http://www.desmogblog.com/david-legates ... matologist
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Soon

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » November 19, 2016, 12:41 am

Lone Star wrote:This climate/weather thing being discussed by a sandwich maker isn't very reliable anyway; but I guess he thinks he's more qualified than a geography teacher or a Christian who believes in creationism. :lol: :lol: :lol:
George Foreman?

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » November 22, 2016, 12:29 am

Creationism is a belief, not science. Movies are movies, loosely based on reality and leaving out the boring bits.

Anyway, reality.

Well, it seems both the Arctic and Antarctic are a bit short of ice this month.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ene ... 1e21abf471

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » November 22, 2016, 9:29 am

rick wrote:Creationism is a belief, not science. Movies are movies, loosely based on reality and leaving out the boring bits.

Anyway, reality.

Well, it seems both the Arctic and Antarctic are a bit short of ice this month.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ene ... 1e21abf471
This month? The UM MMCC guru would say "WEATHER!"

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » November 22, 2016, 2:36 pm

Well, weather or not, it has resulted in a new ice low for this time of year.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 22, 2016, 3:34 pm

Today's UK weather is wet and miserable , this weeks weather is going to be wet and miserable.
The weather in Nuuk is expected to be -2 and sunny. But the CLIMATE for the northern hemisphere is expected to be record highs this year.
Imagegifs upload

alicec21

Post by alicec21 » October 17, 2017, 9:45 pm

DuiDui wrote:
November 3, 2016, 8:58 am
Just ten minutes in to the film i started to think about the yearly flooding we get here in Thailand/Bankok.Bankok is slowly sinkin in to the mud,ad to that that the people here only think from one day to another,if even that.Education in this matter..well just look at all these plastic and foamboxes been thrown/use everyday.Waterlevels get worse/rise by the year..Bankok..in 40 years..afraid to even think about the idea Mutuelles senior..Then we have Kina/USA/Russia and all the other BIGTIME polluters..doing what..I tryed to do some recycling smallscale,meaning at my home..well the garbargetruck many times just don't care..end up mixing it all toghether.I try to clean a 100 hundred meter stretch of garbage on each side of my soi..i could easly do it everyother day..i maybe do it 2 times a month..Well atleast Thais gives me the tumbsup when they passes me do this..and hopefully it rubs off..wishfull thinking..i know.

Okey,back wathing the movie..thanks for reading.
Ah, there was a movie that told a tsunami but I do not remember which one. Otherwise, thank you for sharing the info.

Return to “Open Forum”