Gun Control

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
vlad
udonmap.com

Re: Gun Control

Post by vlad » October 11, 2017, 9:07 pm

There's a bit of a difference humping a few cases all the way up the Mandalay full of clothes for 1 60 odd yr old guy then humping 20 plus rifles and well over 800 rounds of Ammo up there. Did they not think it strange why he needed that many cases's.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 11, 2017, 9:39 pm

vlad wrote:
October 11, 2017, 9:07 pm
There's a bit of a difference humping a few cases all the way up the Mandalay full of clothes for 1 60 odd yr old guy then humping 20 plus rifles and well over 800 rounds of Ammo up there. Did they not think it strange why he needed that many cases's.
Have you been to Vegas? Home of some of laxest gun ownership laws and thus the busiest gun shows in 'murca'.

There's reason why it championed the term, "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas." It's also a major convention city and some of those guys tote whole multiple packed display stands when on the road. Only did that place twice (once was a convention) and there's nothing that can surprise or anyone well enough tipped to be not so surprised. This guy was a millionaire, multiple time visitor to the Vegas tables so these resorts welcome any high-roller and their excess baggage.

The only other place on the 'murcan' mainland where the average joe 'murcan' can live vicariously and pretty much anything goes is New Orleans. Now THAT was party central for me two weekends a month for 8 months and I'll never forget my first visit to the Abbeville Gun & Knife Club... and then we took the whole show to Angola and like stepping in a dog turd, the moment was lost.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » October 11, 2017, 9:56 pm

He allegedly checked into the hotel on 25th September which was 6 days before the shooting. I wouldn't have thought coming & going over that time with suitcases would have raised suspicions. Its not like he was dressed as Rambo dragging his armoury behind him in one go :shock:
Police say he had taken 24 weapons to his room which had been concealed in 10 suitcases. I'm usually found lugging 5 (overweight) suitcases on our trips so 10 over 6 days doesn't sound unreasonable
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » October 12, 2017, 12:42 am

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any body of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States

-- Noah Webster, An Examination into the Leading Principals of the Federal Constitution

Attachments
einsatzgruppen-nazi-death-squads-ww2-german-brutal-001.jpg

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”