Traffic Cameras and Tickets by Mail

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
tataw
udonmap.com

Post by tataw » November 26, 2015, 1:34 pm

Maybe the BIB are trying to retrieve lost income from their random roadside checks by refusing to accept your initial payment and then sticking it to you when you renew your road tax?

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » November 26, 2015, 3:05 pm

Charlieb wrote:You miss the point! I tried to pay the fine. The officer in the Traffic Fine office said I did not have to pay.

Why, if I offered to pay then and there, would they wait till I go to pay my tax and then make me pay? Your response makes little sense to me.
Charlie if you read the report not paying the fine does not stop you paying for your road tax. Funny how NOBODY has been refused from paying their road tax because they havnt paid there ticket.
Dont let these people on here scare you [-X

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » November 27, 2015, 7:42 am

You are wrong, I had a ticket for parked facing the wrong way, never paid, but had to when renewing road tax as it was blocked on their system.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Re: Traffic Cameras and Tickets by Mail

Post by Hoopoe » September 5, 2017, 8:05 am

Hi Guy's just a heads up , i was driving from KK to Udon , there appears to be a new speed limit 80 at the town ?? where the KK Zoo is, they are using mobile camera's , and are enforcing the speed limit ,Except for the buses that overtook me doing about 110 kPH , they didn't get stopped

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 5, 2017, 8:40 am

Fortunately Jon at the Tap gave this warning a little while back and definitely saved me getting a speeding ticket, they were pulling loads over to the side of the road when I was driving through. Thanks for the heads up.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 5, 2017, 9:45 am

Thanks for the reminder Hoopoe , so easy to forget the cams are there .

Latest info ..

The speed cameras have been active for several months now along highway in numerous spots UD to KK and beyond , some are mobile but in the city limits they are fixed and operational 24 hrs , you will receive a police headed letter to the address the vehicle is registered to , this includes the offence committed , time date etc also photographic evidence of your vehicle in close up showing the number plate . All the main traffic lights/intersections are fitted with CCTV so you will also get a ticket for red light running .

The cameras have a tolerance of 10kms per hour so over 90 and you are toast ...i was browned on both sides last week

Failure to pay 500 within 15 days fine increases to 1000 there after it is logged with the vehicle road tax office so when you renew they nab you and its 2000 bt plus depending how much time has elapsed.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » September 5, 2017, 10:23 am

for the non believers here an update ...
http://annx.asianews.network/content/th ... gers-41882
what is new is this In addition, motorists may file complaints with authorities for a review within 15 days if they did not violate traffic laws as charged....
the non payment of your ticket resulting in paying it first or not able to renew your tax is all ready a few years a fact ...
as i told before... ;)

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » September 5, 2017, 3:21 pm

Mine was two years ago and I never heard anymore more about it. I have paid my taxes since then and nothing was said about the ticket
I suppose I was lucky and the police officer at the station just threw it out.

I would bet it is different now.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » September 5, 2017, 6:07 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 5, 2017, 9:45 am
Thanks for the reminder Hoopoe , so easy to forget the cams are there .

Latest info ..

The speed cameras have been active for several months now along highway in numerous spots UD to KK and beyond , some are mobile but in the city limits they are fixed and operational 24 hrs , you will receive a police headed letter to the address the vehicle is registered to , this includes the offence committed , time date etc also photographic evidence of your vehicle in close up showing the number plate . All the main traffic lights/intersections are fitted with CCTV so you will also get a ticket for red light running .

The cameras have a tolerance of 10kms per hour so over 90 and you are toast ...i was browned on both sides last week

Failure to pay 500 within 15 days fine increases to 1000 there after it is logged with the vehicle road tax office so when you renew they nab you and its 2000 bt plus depending how much time has elapsed.

DM
I changed my address on the truck doc's a while back because of the late payment of fines, the address was an old one from years ago, on my last trip back from Patt's i know i got zapped but that was 3 months ago and i aint got owt in the post as of yet ,i'm wondering because they just wrote the new address in the doc's ( i didn't see them put anything on the computer ,) there's a possibility i'll get hit at the next Tax renewal

Return to “Travel & Transport”