MY house build to begin.

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Barney
udonmap.com

Re: MY house build to begin.

Post by Barney » August 1, 2017, 3:50 pm

The wet weather has delayed some contractors lately including the door man, but the blind men arrived and started work.
Had to go and get the correct screws as they weren't told it was a steel frame house as the frame is directly around the window. Any way all worked out now. The steel frame has provided a very strong attachment.
We have chosen a mixture of a pull down blind and the hanging strip type as in the photos. The material for these blind styles allow you to look outside but you cannot look in.
To be fitted later, the kitchen will have a mahogany timber slat venetian blind style. Have to wait 30 days for these to be fabricated along with the different colour for the hanging blinds on the 4 sliding doors around the pool deck.

GF is very pleased with the choice we made on my last visit and likes the installation so far.
Total cost for all window and door blinds with fitting is 45,000 bht
Attachments
IMG_4295.JPG
IMG_4296.JPG
IMG_4297.JPG
IMG_4298.JPG
IMG_4300.JPG
IMG_4301.JPG
IMG_4302.JPG
IMG_4299.JPG

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » August 1, 2017, 5:09 pm

Look really good Barney.
And the price is good also..
You will have a real palace when it is fully finished.
I have followed your thread & you have done everything with thought & care along with yours Mrs.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 9, 2017, 4:38 pm

Looks like a slow day again on UM so you can watch my concrete dry. :D
GF has decided to extend the apron around the house and dog shelter.

Next project for her is the front fence and electric gate system. Haven't looked in town or BKK yet for a supplier of the auto gate. Do the gate motors have the battery backup in case of power failure, auto close timer when gate may have been forgotten to be closed, electric eye for auto open on exit? etc etc. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Made a reasonably big stuff up ages ago on the tiles for the pool surround so will replace them as another project for her. They are a bit slippery and will replace with a more non slip tile along with similar tiles for the stair landings.

Any way here's the drying concrete.
Oh I think it was 30,000 for concrete and 10,000 for the guys.

And the dogs swimming in the dam. :lol:

Have a happy day.
Attachments
IMG_4351.JPG
IMG_4350.JPG
IMG_4348.JPG
IMG_4346.JPG
IMG_4349.JPG

Fatone
udonmap.com

Post by Fatone » August 9, 2017, 7:49 pm

Nice drying concrete Barney!

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » August 10, 2017, 7:23 am

good one Barney re more concrete, can set the deck chair out now, and the kids can kick a ball around in winter without getting muddy..

Return to “House & Land”