Diet Pills

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Charlieb
udonmap.com

Diet Pills

Post by Charlieb » June 27, 2017, 9:37 am

My Daughter, who is an adult, wants to lose weight and is convinced she needs appetite suppression pills to help her do it. I have mixed feelings about the pills as I have read some horror stories.

With that said, anyone know where in Udon you can buy these pills? Any experiences or recommendations as to what pills are best would be welcomed.

dingdong
udonmap.com

Re: Diet Pills

Post by dingdong » June 27, 2017, 10:39 am

Here is some literature regarding over the counter diet pills

I have my own opinion but its not me who wants to rid of the weight

Good luck

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifes ... t-20046409

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 27, 2017, 10:45 am

The ONLY Way to LOSE Weight is eat LESS,Eat Sensible Food, ( NO Full English Breakfasts ) A Bit of Exercise, & Most Important......A LOT of WILL POWER !!!!!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 27, 2017, 10:51 am

Morning Charlie,hope life treating you good.

Can you tell me a few things:
The number ONE reason for her to loose weight is...??
How old is she.
Have she always been chubby-->overweight..or obese.
Have she had any experience in loosing weight before..
What's her favourite exercise move,if any.
And i guess she don't have any thyroid problems..

My main Swedish weightlifting/bodybuiliding/trainingchoach in Sweden..Hoa Hoa or amongst close friends,Libbe, told me when i gave up boxing (middleweight) and started to do weights,that to gain or loose you need the following.

*Write down everything you eat for a month,everything and don't change anything while doing that.
*Most important advice was:Eat like a diabetic person would...5-6 times/day..small meals..do that for 6 days a week and on the 7:th day you can binge eat WHATEVER YOU WANT...
*And to that walks,bicyclerides,swimming,whatever she like..do that for maybe 30 min to 45 3-4 times a week..and i she WILL loose weight.

MOST IMPORTANT:STICK TO THE PLAN...check progress every week or two..

When i followed these steps i went in 10 years from 77 kilo..10-12 bodyfat...to 102 kilo same bodyfat..Now due to a diving related accident -94 were i broke 3 lumbar vertebraes,i'm down to my middelweight weight again..but i eat atleast 4 times/day..just saying. ;-)

PM is welcome Charlie ;-)...or talk to me in Nok's Restaurant..*PLUG*:-)

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » June 27, 2017, 11:20 am

Lots of philosophical answers but no answers to original question?

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 27, 2017, 11:38 am

Charlieb wrote:
June 27, 2017, 11:20 am
Lots of philosophical answers but no answers to original question?
The ONLY Way to LOSE Weight is eat LESS,Eat Sensible Food, ( NO Full English Breakfasts ) A Bit of Exercise, & Most Important......A LOT of WILL POWER !!!!!...........IMHO, Pills DON'T Work Charlie....

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 27, 2017, 12:06 pm

Well i think what you wrote just now tells me what nearly everyone thinks when it comes to loose/gain weight..EAT MOORE..with that i mean eat moore healthy food,most important is to eat OFTEN and small meals..NOT the other way around.

Best is to never let you slip and slide..eating often keep the bloodsugar level stabile..one of the most important things either to loose/gain or just keep the Doctor visit to a minimum.

Look at the habits of your mother and father growing up..usually you as daugther/son will look and eat like them,as we all know to well we mimic what our father/mother do/teach or NOT teach.

Ooops forgot one very important thing,drink alot of water..EVERY DAY..Have an awsome day..be blessed..:-)

747man wrote:
June 27, 2017, 10:45 am
The ONLY Way to LOSE Weight is eat LESS,Eat Sensible Food, ( NO Full English Breakfasts ) A Bit of Exercise, & Most Important......A LOT of WILL POWER !!!!!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 27, 2017, 12:18 pm

Diet pills..recepie:

FOOD and HEALTHY food..exercise..STICK TO THE PLAN..-Yes you can add coffee/black coffee..between the meals.Ephedra and other fatcutters is in my opinion a short cut..to non sustainable fatloss.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 27, 2017, 12:43 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
June 27, 2017, 12:18 pm
Diet pills..recepie:

FOOD and HEALTHY food..exercise..STICK TO THE PLAN..-Yes you can add coffee/black coffee..between the meals.Ephedra and other fatcutters is in my opinion a short cut..to non sustainable fatloss.

Have a read about https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/ket ... lan.....IT WORKS.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 27, 2017, 1:36 pm

Hi Charlie,

Yes you should have mixed feelings about the pills. I would be.
Is she really over weight in your eyes?
Any supplement product that can be given under prescription and also as over the counter pills will have negatives.
I assume the pills are generally appetite suppressors?
Your daughter most likely is convinced by reading and watching TV advertisements and chatting with friends, there are most likely hundreds of pills out there and most will not likely benefit your daughter, it is a mutli billion dollar industry.
Why not use a reverse type phycology and not get into an argument, tell her you are on board with the idea and would like to help, but would like her to get a professional opinion via a doctor or dietician visit. So she can get the correct assistance if any is actually required.
Most weight gain is via to much calorie intake and not burning those excess calories off.
Taking a pill will also involve diet change and some form of exercise.
Buying her a walking treadmill machine and the whole family getting involved can be a benefit to all.
Having the treadmill in my house took away my excuse that its to hot outside. :lol: :lol:

I only talk of any pills as not being the be all and end all having had a younger teenage daughter some time ago go through the misfortune of secretly attempting the skin whitening pills stage that was the rage a few years ago. Once I noticed the problem which was being hidden from me proper professional advice set the problem straight. The same may apply to diet pills. It's a bigger fad than people realize.
Good luck

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » June 27, 2017, 2:27 pm

So, I guess, based on answers received, that no one in the Udon area has purchased or tried Diet Pills. I understand all of your responses but that was not the question.

I was not looking for alternatives to the pills and I am very well aware of the side effects. This was not meant to be a discussion on weight loss methods.

Thanks anyway.

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » June 27, 2017, 2:41 pm

Bring back Saint

UdonExpat
udonmap.com

Post by UdonExpat » June 27, 2017, 3:12 pm

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » June 27, 2017, 3:39 pm

Diet Pills??? Thais use something called Jaba...easy to find, just ask around.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » June 27, 2017, 3:46 pm

I hope you don't mean yaba. Very addictive drug!

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » June 27, 2017, 5:54 pm

Ya thats it, the locals use that as a diet pill, works wonders i hear

Return to “Health & Beauty”