Air Asia

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Air Asia

Postby BobHelm » May 17, 2017, 1:29 pm

Good news & bad news about them..

First the bad.
As STWW suggested on another thread, it would seem that they have stopped doing the 'fly thru' service from Udon. I have not managed to find any official statement saying that, but it no longer appears to be an option to book such a flight on their web-site.
A pity as it was quite a time saver on the outward leg, although not so much on the return.

The good(s).
Up until next Sunday they are offering up to 50% off normal prices on flights taken before February next year.
From June 9th. they are flying from DM direct to Da Nang in Vietnam. 1 flight a day, conveniently taking off at 10:10 am & returning into DM at 13:20.

I have just booked a return trip in November for 4,310 baht per person that includes 20 Kilos of luggage & seat selection.
The last time a went the cheapest choice was Air Asia to HCMC & then Da Nang via Vietnam Airways. That set me back just over 12,000 baht per person - so a large saving. :D

As an aside, I was going to use Lion Air as the cheap option between Udon & Bangkok. However they seem to have backed away from the cheap tag. Even booking today, their cheapest seats were no longer available for November. :yikes: It would have been 2,500 return per person.
I returned to Air Asia & their up to 50% off deal..1,630 per person.. :D

Return to “Travel & Transport”