FilmOn is no longer free

General Udon Thani topics only!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

FilmOn is no longer free

Post by vincemunday » May 2, 2017, 8:40 am

FilmOn has now ended its free SD service and now asks for a subscription to watch any channel and while they undoubtedly have the best service (which is why most providers slave off of them) the subscriptions aren't cheap. So, I'll be looking around for a replacement, it's going to be tough to find but fingers crossed. Who's using what services to watch UK tv at the moment, how much are you paying and how reliable is it?

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Re: FilmOn is no longer free

Post by Charlieb » May 2, 2017, 9:45 am

Vince:

I just checked. I am running FilmOn 4.2.1 and it still works fine for free TV. Of course I still have to wade through the ads.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » May 2, 2017, 10:41 am

I just tried it and you get free TV for about 2 mins then the screen comes up with a message you have to pay to continue.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » May 2, 2017, 11:01 am

I am pretty sure I watched more than 2 min but I will check again

For alternative take a look here:
http://alternativeto.net/software/filmon/

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » May 2, 2017, 11:31 am

You are corect. I had to wait about three minutes
Just installed TvCatchUp. Looks pretty good for English Tv like BBC, etc

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » May 2, 2017, 11:51 am

Don't forget to buy a tv license @£147 if watching uk tv.you don't want the tv man knocking at the door and giving you a £1.000 fine.or even worse you could end up in jail.lol

camps
udonmap.com

Post by camps » May 2, 2017, 2:09 pm

Yes, mine went down yesterday while watching snooker final !! Luckily Eurosport 1 was broadcasting it , Now trying BAMFTV , lots of UK,US links but a lot in HD, so buffering quite a lot. Have tried TV Catchup but get the message "check URL,Geo Blocked". Have tried the Add-on, "TV Player" but cant figure out how to install the Repo "Mikey1234".. Have read somewhere to right click on a link and select "Play with FM4M Tester Add-On" but no luck....Although can still watch Sports, Movies etc with many other-Add Ons, Any help much appreciated in finding a decent Add-On, for Uk Tv etc..cheers

camps
udonmap.com

Post by camps » May 2, 2017, 2:12 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:Don't forget to buy a tv license @£147 if watching uk tv.you don't want the tv man knocking at the door and giving you a £1.000 fine.or even worse you could end up in jail.lol
Still Using your Chrome-stick ??? :D LOL...San MIg

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 2, 2017, 3:38 pm

Anyone using a decent VPN ....... ON THEIR ANDROID BOX.... not interested in VPN's being used on anything else, ANDROID BOXES ONLY. Thanks.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » May 2, 2017, 4:01 pm

Using Witopia on PC, iPad and Android TV box. Works great but not free

camps
udonmap.com

Post by camps » May 2, 2017, 4:17 pm

camps wrote:Yes, mine went down yesterday while watching snooker final !! Luckily Eurosport 1 was broadcasting it , Now trying BAMFTV , lots of UK,US links but a lot in HD, so buffering quite a lot. Have tried TV Catchup but get the message "check URL,Geo Blocked". Have tried the Add-on, "TV Player" but cant figure out how to install the Repo "Mikey1234".. Have read somewhere to right click on a link and select "Play with FM4M Tester Add-On" but no luck....Although can still watch Sports, Movies etc with many other-Add Ons, Any help much appreciated in finding a decent Add-On, for Uk Tv etc..cheers
Forgot to say, Using Android Box using the Pulse Build, Jarvis 16.1.
Also just found the "Gobble" Add-On which is in the "MetalKettle" Repo, seems to be working ok..so far..cheers

panmotor
udonmap.com

Post by panmotor » May 2, 2017, 7:55 pm

I have said this many times before and spoken to many expats who have a variety of services but, if you still have friends, relatives etc in the UK, you cant beat a slingbox.

£120 ish for the box, £12 a month for sky multiroom subscription (you can stick it in their spare room rather than using their sky box) and you can watch your tv in Thailand as if you were in UK or wherever. Live TV, Sky+, On Demand, Catch Up, box sets etc etc.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 4, 2017, 10:48 am

Charlieb wrote:You are corect. I had to wait about three minutes

Charlie, just installed TvCatchup and have to agree, it works really well.

camps
udonmap.com

Post by camps » May 5, 2017, 9:33 am

vincemunday wrote:
Charlieb wrote:You are corect. I had to wait about three minutes

Charlie, just installed TvCatchup and have to agree, it works really well.
Hi Charlie, Vince. Are you using a VPN on you android boxes,as I keep getting message "check URL, Geo Blocked?"
If so, could you recommend which VPN to use...cheers

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 5, 2017, 9:48 am

Very few VPN's will work in this way, I've tried Express, Pure, Nord and a few others, the boxes seem to have problems running a VPN at the same time as another application, in fact Android boxes have problems running two apps at once full stop. If you are watching UK tv the recommendation of CatchupTV above is the best one I've come across so far. To be honest I have a couple of AppleTV boxes that I'd stuck in the drawer but I've got them out, dusted them off and I'm streaming to the TV that way, it's just easier because I already have browsec on my phone and that gets around the issues you're having and I can stream straight from the iPlayer apps etc. Hope that helps, if not PM me and I'll try to sort you out.By the by, CatchupTV doesn't require the use of a VPN.

camps
udonmap.com

Post by camps » May 5, 2017, 10:13 am

Thanks Vince, The best I have found so far is "Ultimate IPTV" and "IsraelLive" but would prefer TvCatchup . Why I ask about the VPN, when doing a bit of research I'm sure I read somewhere "For use in UK only"....Thanks for the offer of help, and will probably pm you. Will give it another crack this morning otherwise this box will end up in the same bin as Derby managers ,with a hammer as compensation...cheers

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 5, 2017, 10:49 am

Don't destroy your box lol, you're going to need it!

Nevoil
udonmap.com

Post by Nevoil » May 9, 2017, 9:01 pm

Hi Guy,
:D :D :D
Here's a site to use totally free :D , no VPN required :D , No log-in :D , I've used it for years in KSA and it works
in Thailand too,once you got use to the site lay-out you can watch UK TV, Live Sport etc. Best to use the Browsers
they recommend but it says that on each screen.
http://www.streamgaroo.com
Enjoy :D :D :D

vidmaster
udonmap.com

ReStreamgaroo is not free either

Post by vidmaster » May 9, 2017, 9:22 pm

Read the T & C's

Nevoil
udonmap.com

Post by Nevoil » May 9, 2017, 10:20 pm

Hi
Well thanks for your reply but I have used this service for years and yes I've read the T&C but I and
friends in KSA have never paid for there service !!!!! as they say it free.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”