Pizza Hut returning to Udon

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
User avatar
PAPA Z
udonmap.com
Posts: 532
Joined: September 9, 2015, 9:56 am

Re: Pizza Hut UD Town

Post by PAPA Z » April 21, 2017, 4:38 pm

vincemunday!
Wow man, you seem to think you know a lot about pizza! What exactly is it that makes you such a pizza "expert"? Have you owned a pizzeria? Or a chain of them? Do you make pizzas at home? Have you eaten at every pizzeria on the planet? Just curious.
I'm pretty certain you haven't had a pizza at either of my shops; Brooklyn's or the ROCKHOUSE.
Frozen dough??? Fake cheese??? Do people really serve this stuff to customers??? Yes they do!
Most think because the eat pizza they know what makes a great pizza. Others (chains) can in no way compete when it comes to quality with small shops. FACT!
My pizzas are hand made from scratch the minute they're ordered. Fresh dough, fresh real mozz, fresh ingredients bought daily at the local market, and REAL pepperoni! Not salami used for pepperoni. The trick though to great pizza is not the dough, but the WATER one uses to craft the dough.
Opening a pizza shop a pizza maker does not make you!
For you, vincemunday, I invite you to try one of my 16" Brooklyn style pizzas, and if you honestly don't like it it's on the house! I'll put my knowledge on the subject where my mouth is and back it back with a quality product.
See you Sunday at Brooklyn's on Adulyadet Road
Papa Z :-"

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 925
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Pizza Hut UD Town

Post by vincemunday » April 21, 2017, 5:15 pm

Wow man? Oh dear.... Well I suppose it's better than you busting in on EVERY thread with your menu and special offers. I have gone back though my postings here and at no point do I claim to be an expert, in fact I go to great pains to say each to their own. The fact remains, whether you agree or not, Pizza Hut is a huge, HUGE chain and they produce pizza that most people find acceptable, my guess is they sell more pizza worldwide in a minute that you will sell in a lifetime. I am VERY pleased they're opening and by the sounds of it so are a few others I shan't take you up on your very kind offer, one of my favourite mass producers is opening soon, I can wait.
“If Britain must choose between Europe and the open sea, she must always choose the open sea.” - Sir Winston Churchill.

User avatar
PAPA Z
udonmap.com
Posts: 532
Joined: September 9, 2015, 9:56 am

Re: Pizza Hut UD Town

Post by PAPA Z » April 21, 2017, 5:55 pm

vincemunday wrote:Wow man? Oh dear.... Well I suppose it's better than you busting in on EVERY thread with your menu and special offers. I have gone back though my postings here and at no point do I claim to be an expert, in fact I go to great pains to say each to their own. The fact remains, whether you agree or not, Pizza Hut is a huge, HUGE chain and they produce pizza that most people find acceptable, my guess is they sell more pizza worldwide in a minute that you will sell in a lifetime. I am VERY pleased they're opening and by the sounds of it so are a few others I shan't take you up on your very kind offer, one of my favourite mass producers is opening soon, I can wait.
Answered as expected, of course.
I busted in a thread ONCE with my menu and pics, in answering fatbob's query. Keeping book for UD map, are ya?
Have a great life! :lol:
Papa Z

User avatar
fatbob
udonmap.com
Posts: 1747
Joined: July 14, 2009, 7:19 pm

Re: Pizza Hut UD Town

Post by fatbob » April 21, 2017, 9:02 pm

vincemunday wrote:Absolutely right Truebrit, I've been served some really nasty pizza here in Udon Thani (please note this isn't an invitation for a sponsor to add his menu) and it's almost definitely down to rubbish ingredients. What some of these people need to understand is that chains whether it be Mc Donald's, KFC, Pizza Hut etc become chains because they produce people what want to eat, of course this might not suit the sensibilities of some of the apparent gourmands on this forum but it's fact, you don't get to be a multi billion pound chain without getting something right.
What a joke, you quote the likes of McDonalds and KFC as being great and doing it right,,,, yeah right on dude, real wholesome food, put a McDonalds burger in a cupboard for three years and it comes out looking the same as it did three years earlier, and some dumb arses actually eat it...

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 925
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Pizza Hut UD Town

Post by vincemunday » April 21, 2017, 11:04 pm

I don't say it's great at all, but you can't argue with the business model, they turn over more Pizza, burgers and chicken than any other company in the world because? It makes me laugh that people eat something they think is good and think everyone else should do the same, I've eaten in at least one of the places you purportedly patronise Bob and to be honest I wouldn't go back but hey, you're the gourmand..... By the way, nice to see someone spelling arse right.
“If Britain must choose between Europe and the open sea, she must always choose the open sea.” - Sir Winston Churchill.

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 3605
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Pizza Hut UD Town

Post by Khun Paul » April 22, 2017, 6:41 am

When Dean ran the monkey bar in Nutty park I can tell you that his everything on it pizza was the best tasting and best value in town.
After he closed it was a bit hit or miss where you get one, Pizza hut or the other one in Centara, offer reasonable ones, but T bar also does a pizza which is really acceptable.
As VM says it is horses for courses, if you like it , eat it.

Fatone
udonmap.com
Posts: 85
Joined: March 1, 2017, 6:37 pm
Location: Bundaberg Australia

Re: Pizza Hut UD Town

Post by Fatone » April 22, 2017, 7:54 am

I love fast food for convenience and speed, but it is made pretty bland so no one dislikes it. A real burger or pizza kills it for taste

User avatar
semperfiguy
udonmap.com
Posts: 1595
Joined: July 16, 2010, 12:49 pm
Location: Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: Pizza Hut UD Town

Post by semperfiguy » April 22, 2017, 4:38 pm

PAPA Z wrote:vincemunday!
Wow man, you seem to think you know a lot about pizza! What exactly is it that makes you such a pizza "expert"? Have you owned a pizzeria? Or a chain of them? Do you make pizzas at home? Have you eaten at every pizzeria on the planet? Just curious.
I'm pretty certain you haven't had a pizza at either of my shops; Brooklyn's or the ROCKHOUSE.
Frozen dough??? Fake cheese??? Do people really serve this stuff to customers??? Yes they do!
Most think because the eat pizza they know what makes a great pizza. Others (chains) can in no way compete when it comes to quality with small shops. FACT!
My pizzas are hand made from scratch the minute they're ordered. Fresh dough, fresh real mozz, fresh ingredients bought daily at the local market, and REAL pepperoni! Not salami used for pepperoni. The trick though to great pizza is not the dough, but the WATER one uses to craft the dough.
Opening a pizza shop a pizza maker does not make you!
For you, vincemunday, I invite you to try one of my 16" Brooklyn style pizzas, and if you honestly don't like it it's on the house! I'll put my knowledge on the subject where my mouth is and back it back with a quality product.
See you Sunday at Brooklyn's on Adulyadet Road
Papa Z :-"
I've eaten Papa Z's pizzas and I think they are excellent and will have another in a few days. He's offering a 16" two topping pizza for 199 Baht for dine-in or take-out only at his Brooklyn's Original Pizza House on Adulyadet Road from 5-7 PM daily. Pappa Z is a US Marine who has served multiple tours of duty in the Middle East conflicts, so for that reason alone I would frequent his establishments just to honor him for his service to country. He's a hard-working guy who is dedicated to serving a quality product, and how can you beat a freshly cooked 16" pizza for 199 Baht? Believe me...it's well worth the visit.
Attachments
Brooklyn's Pizza.JPG
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". - George Orwell

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 925
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Pizza Hut UD Town

Post by vincemunday » April 22, 2017, 4:55 pm

It gets better and better, it looks like Pizza Hut Udon Thani will be doing home deliveries too, great news!
“If Britain must choose between Europe and the open sea, she must always choose the open sea.” - Sir Winston Churchill.

RLTrader
udonmap.com
Posts: 1103
Joined: June 3, 2007, 8:49 am

Re: Pizza Hut UD Town

Post by RLTrader » April 22, 2017, 4:58 pm

:lol: So we are discussing Pizza again. Can't be bothered, last time I posted on Pizza, someone with god authority, deleted it. So really, why waste time and ink.

User avatar
PAPA Z
udonmap.com
Posts: 532
Joined: September 9, 2015, 9:56 am

Re: Pizza Hut UD Town

Post by PAPA Z » April 22, 2017, 5:31 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
PAPA Z wrote:vincemunday!
Wow man, you seem to think you know a lot about pizza! What exactly is it that makes you such a pizza "expert"? Have you owned a pizzeria? Or a chain of them? Do you make pizzas at home? Have you eaten at every pizzeria on the planet? Just curious.
I'm pretty certain you haven't had a pizza at either of my shops; Brooklyn's or the ROCKHOUSE.
Frozen dough??? Fake cheese??? Do people really serve this stuff to customers??? Yes they do!
Most think because the eat pizza they know what makes a great pizza. Others (chains) can in no way compete when it comes to quality with small shops. FACT!
My pizzas are hand made from scratch the minute they're ordered. Fresh dough, fresh real mozz, fresh ingredients bought daily at the local market, and REAL pepperoni! Not salami used for pepperoni. The trick though to great pizza is not the dough, but the WATER one uses to craft the dough.
Opening a pizza shop a pizza maker does not make you!
For you, vincemunday, I invite you to try one of my 16" Brooklyn style pizzas, and if you honestly don't like it it's on the house! I'll put my knowledge on the subject where my mouth is and back it back with a quality product.
See you Sunday at Brooklyn's on Adulyadet Road
Papa Z :-"
I've eaten Papa Z's pizzas and I think they are excellent and will have another in a few days. He's offering a 16" two topping pizza for 199 Baht for dine-in or take-out only at his Brooklyn's Original Pizza House on Adulyadet Road from 5-7 PM daily. Pappa Z is a US Marine who has served multiple tours of duty in the Middle East conflicts, so for that reason alone I would frequent his establishments just to honor him for his service to country. He's a hard-working guy who is dedicated to serving a quality product, and how can you beat a freshly cooked 16" pizza for 199 Baht? Believe me...it's well worth the visit.
Hoooraaah devil dog! (albeit I was actually an Air Force combat rescue guy. But hey, we're all brothers anyway). Your corps is my corps!
Thank you brother!
Papa Z

User avatar
12345
udonmap.com
Posts: 614
Joined: April 1, 2014, 3:34 pm

Re: Pizza Hut UD Town

Post by 12345 » April 22, 2017, 8:02 pm

Have to agree with Vince, local pizza are quite sad, by everyone.

Hard to beat Pizza Co 2 for 1, but if not on sale, terrible value, along with too much oil in the crust.

Except for Dean's, and since I used to enjoy his breads, naan and such, guessing his pizza is / was excellent, so a good start. If the crust isn't perfect, don't bother putting toppings on. Along with lots of sauce and cheese, and other toppings, just icing on the cake. If you can't get the first 3 right, don't bother embarrassing yourself.

That is where most so called 'pizza shops' fail. Don't like thin crust, or hard crust. I've eaten at every vendor mentioned, and then some, and never ordered a second pizza from them, and as Vince says, just not for me.

Vanilla chocolate strawberry, if you boring, if me, peanut butter, rocky rd, rum raisin. 8)

One guy (who can't be mentioned) does a decent pizza, but you have to order extra everything, though tasty, but sadly, I just don't like him, as apparently many others don't, as he continues to open and close shops quite often.....so must not be me.

Farang managed vendors in UT...........the worst. Did have one Thai / Thai owned and operated, that put out excellent pizza, but started to slip, and now closed, though more for family issues. But slipped enough I stopped buying before they closed up.

I make my own, and family won't eat anyone else's.........not an expert, but get rave reviews. And from scratch.

In the states, Pizza Hut in Philly was good, if doing a big chain, and on special. To many ma / pa pizza shops done right to consider a chain in Philly.

In Memphis, Dominoes put out the best pizza. Here in Krung Thep.........they suck, and I do mean suck.....horrible. I've had a couple by the slice there, in KT, different vendors, and a few quite good. The Loft at Chitlom has an Italian station that is quite good, or used to be, as been a while, and prices have increased with their popularity. I like value as much as flavor.

My ฿฿ anyway

User avatar
12345
udonmap.com
Posts: 614
Joined: April 1, 2014, 3:34 pm

Re: Pizza Hut UD Town

Post by 12345 » April 22, 2017, 8:05 pm

Follow up, after a short thought. Had a pizza out in NWS, decent. And have to mention, I've not had 2 other vendors in UT, that I've seen pics of, very nice, and got good reviews from people I respect, but those 3 vendors, probably can't be mentioned here.

User avatar
PAPA Z
udonmap.com
Posts: 532
Joined: September 9, 2015, 9:56 am

Re: Pizza Hut UD Town

Post by PAPA Z » April 22, 2017, 8:58 pm

Hey....
I just thought I'd bust in the thread, with my adorably manly face!
Da Papa :razz:
Attachments
IMG_0527.JPG
IMG_0527.JPG (30.64 KiB) Viewed 973 times

User avatar
semperfiguy
udonmap.com
Posts: 1595
Joined: July 16, 2010, 12:49 pm
Location: Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: Pizza Hut UD Town

Post by semperfiguy » April 22, 2017, 9:00 pm

PAPA Z wrote:Hey....
I just thought I'd bust in the thread, with my adorably manly face!
Da Papa :razz:
You da man Papa Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". - George Orwell

Post Reply

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest