removing ear wax

General Udon Thani topics only!
Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

removing ear wax

Post by Ray.Charles » April 20, 2017, 9:48 pm

I used to have the wax in my ears removed at a clinic on Srisuk Road. They would pour a solvent into an ear, wait a few minutes, and then vacuum the fluid out. That clinic appears to be closed now. Do you know of any other clinic that can do that job?

Shado
udonmap.com

Re: removing ear wax

Post by Shado » April 21, 2017, 7:50 am

I go to Dr. Napapon at Bangkok Hospital.

Here is some additional info: post471700.html#p471700

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 21, 2017, 9:16 am

Dr Samet....as you're heading from the fountain circle onto Phosri Rd, about 100 meters from the circle on your left. Open 9-1 and 5-7 on weekdays. Not sure about weekends

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » April 21, 2017, 9:39 am

parrot wrote:Dr Samet....as you're heading from the fountain circle onto Phosri Rd, about 100 meters from the circle on your left. Open 9-1 and 5-7 on weekdays. Not sure about weekends
Yes this guy is quite good. I use him, knows his stuff but he is a bit.cranky. My last visit he got annoyed because I didn't take my shoes off, when I asked why I have to take my shoes off to have my ears done, he completely failed to see my sense of humour.TIT.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 21, 2017, 9:49 am

If anyone goes back to the UK (or has anyone coming over), pick up some of this stuff from Boots.
becs.jpg
DIY lughole cleaning
One squirt per week and DIY.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 21, 2017, 9:56 am

Put a few drops of WARM Olive oil down yer Lughole & You can then use a cotton bud to DIY....

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 21, 2017, 9:57 am

Any idea what Drs. Samet and Napapon charge for the vacuum procedure? I used to have it done regularly when I lived in the U.S.; but that's much less convenient now.

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » April 21, 2017, 10:11 am

For clearing out (major) blockage of one ear, Dr. Napapon charged about ฿1,000 at Bangkok Hospital. Really don't know about cost for general ear canal cleaning but suspect it's probably in the same range.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » April 21, 2017, 10:12 am

I went to Dr Samet ( opp Gold shops ) with the hell blocked ear, he gave me antibiotics, and was afew hundred Bt.

perhaps my old friend Raymondo, you should get S to blow in your other ear, and that might clear it. :D

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 21, 2017, 10:42 am

Dr Samet's charges are certainly less than 500 baht. His clinic is very basic.......but does the job. He speaks pretty good English and keeps your records on his computer. Don't park directly in front of his shop (bus stop). I usually park in the lot to the left of the fountain (facing Phosri). 20 baht.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 21, 2017, 12:18 pm

Remember the old saying, " never put any foreign object into your ear canal unless its your elbow" cotton buds etc only push the wax / discharge etc in further and cause more impacted debris.

ENT consultants exempt.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » April 21, 2017, 3:40 pm

ear-syringing-t35185.html

Dr Samet is the man. Cost was in the 100s a couple of years back

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » April 21, 2017, 8:52 pm

I just use olive oil, warm water and then cleanup after with twisted tissue.

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » April 22, 2017, 7:23 pm

747 and Rick got it right............Olive oil, any oil actually, not motor oil. It will loosen the wax, sooner or later. may take a few days if really bad.

I procrastinated one time, and used to believe the same as wazza / doctor's BS, until that time, and doc couldn't clean my ears right away, as a bit impacted. As I used to do every 6 months or year, the solution and vacuum / pressure wash routine at AEK for couple hundred baht. Thought it was pretty cool, so refreshing.

So he gave me drops to put in, basically mineral oil or something oily, and said come back in a week.....BUT....I was beach bound, and asked for a referral if he happen to know, to do the follow up. He had no suggestion but did the ultimate business killer. Said wait a week, then clean out yourself with cotton buds and warm water, under a bit of pressure, the water part with a dropper.

Just be careful not to go straight in with buds, and hit the eardrum, as that can be a bit sensitive if abrazed too much.

SAY WHAT.............I can do this myself. Say it's not so.

And from then on, I did. Weekly after a warm shower, a cotton bud wipe, gets that little build up, before a problem, and haven't seen the ear doc in over 10 years.

They tell you not to do it yourself, as if it might be dangerous. The only danger, they lose a customers, as you now simple do the exact thing they do, but instead of waiting to long, and they have to use their machine, as if it actually does anything that was needed, if you did do a weekly or even monthly wipe yourself.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”