My Father's Chicken (Sponsor)

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
dingdong
udonmap.com

Re: My Father's Chicken (Sponsor)

Post by dingdong » April 21, 2017, 7:22 am

the coordinates where copied from page 2 Best talk to the originator

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 21, 2017, 7:37 am

I've put the correct ones on page 3, perhaps UM would be kind enough to change the original posting to ensure people go to the right place, be a shame if people missed out, it's great food.
British by birth, English by the grace of God.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 21, 2017, 10:09 am

vincemunday wrote:I've put the correct ones on page 3, perhaps UM would be kind enough to change the original posting to ensure people go to the right place, be a shame if people missed out, it's great food.
Sure. Here is the first post, with the correct coordinates (I just checked them on Google Maps).

We're in UD Town, on the side facing Tongyai Road. You'll be able to tell our shop from the sign -- look for the happy chicken!!!

GPS coordinates 17.40326886066925, 102.80428983280696.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/17%C2 ... 02.8042898

ร้านเราตั้งอยู่ UD Town โซน 1 ค่ะ หันหน้าออกถนนนะคะ หาร้านเราไม่เจอให้มองหาป้ายไก่ยิ้มค่ะ
หรือตาม GPS นี้ค่ะ GPS coordinates 17.40326886066925, 102.80428983280696.

My Father's Chicken
udonmap.com

Post by My Father's Chicken » April 21, 2017, 11:30 am

I am so sorry, but the rotisserie grill is not working today (Friday). I had hoped that my father would be able to repair it and he has been working on it here in UD Town, but he has not been able to make it work, so we will have to close. I will go back to my home to work with my parents for the rest of the day and hopefully will be back to normal tomorrow. I'll post here later, as soon as we know.

Again, I am sorry. Thank you for your understanding.

My Father's Chicken
udonmap.com

Post by My Father's Chicken » April 22, 2017, 9:16 am

Good morning everyone! My father has repaired the rotisserie, and he'll be going to the shop in UD Town with me this morning to reinstall it and make sure that it's working OK. We'll be open on our regular schedule today, starting with lunch. Come by and have some of our ribs and chicken!!
My Father's Chicken.png
My Father's Chicken.png (6.8 KiB) Viewed 768 times

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 22, 2017, 9:41 am

My Father's Chicken wrote:Good morning everyone! My father has repaired the rotisserie, and he'll be going to the shop in UD Town with me this morning to reinstall it and make sure that it's working OK. We'll be open on our regular schedule today, starting with lunch. Come by and have some of our ribs and chicken!!
Good to know. We dropped by yesterday and saw the dismantled rotisserie and nobody about but the staff from the stall next door helpfully explained what was happening and said you would probably be open today. You got good neighbours!

My Father's Chicken
udonmap.com

Post by My Father's Chicken » April 25, 2017, 4:27 pm

I am sorry to have to tell you that my father and I have decided to close our shop at UD Town. You, our customers, have been very kind in your comments both here in the forum and to us directly at the shop; and we're grateful for all of your kind words of support.

However, the rent at UD Town is quite high, and we've now been notified that they are planning to raise the rent and install one of those card payment systems similar to the one they have in the food court at Central Plaza. On top of that, we've been told that they may start charging a percentage of our sales, essentially becoming part owners of all of the food shops.

Given all of this, we just cannot make enough money to justify keeping the shop open. In effect, we would be working for UD Town instead of for our family.

So we will close the shop in UD Town at the end of April.

My family will continue on its regular schedule of selling freshly grilled chickens and steamed eggs in local village markets. I will post the schedule of which days we're in which markets here on UD Map. I cannot promise that we'll have pork ribs because they are not as available outside of Udon, and the quality is not as good, but I'll try.

Thank you again, Udon, for all of your support. It has been great meeting all of you and seeing you enjoy our food!
Last edited by My Father's Chicken on April 25, 2017, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 25, 2017, 4:44 pm

Wow, actually a big story for UD with the information you have freely shared.
Sorry to hear this for you.
I am not in town at this time but told my GF to go and check you out as I have only seen good reviews in regard to taste, we frequent UT a bit for meals and a beer and are chicken lovers and also like a BBQ'd pork rib.
As I say big news in the redirection that UT have taken as their business model.
I would bet that there is more to this news than meets the eye.
Good luck to My Father's Chicken in your future ventures.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 25, 2017, 6:18 pm

Although this isn't unexpected news we are a really sad that they've made things so difficult for you. We really enjoy the food, our chicken for lunch today was as excellent as usual but NO RIBS ;) We will definitely be popping along to your markets, Udon Thani has lost a great food outlet. Vince and Fa

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » April 25, 2017, 6:27 pm

Maybe Preecha market might be better value?? shop
Master Builder

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 25, 2017, 6:57 pm

hard call and no winners in these situations

UD Town, provide, tables chairs, plates and cutlery, power to the units , lighting , cleaning during meal times and after, 2 toilet blocks , live music every night etc and needs to cover those costs also. As these costs rise, so does the need for the rent perhaps.

These services are what brings in the consumer etc

The " swipe card " system certainly allows them to monitor the outlets performance , ( does their rental agreement say they need to turn over 200,000 per month ??? ) it might be easier for UD Town to deduct rents that way, if some of the shops are behind....

It also could affect the ways SME's operate as their invoices for payment that they receive are then accountable under Thai Tax as income. Plus side these invoices are able to be used with Financial institutions to confirm incomes. Just a thought.

Downside could be the stall holder doesn't get the cash flow immediately , and that could be an issue also for many small places. If you are not paid for 15 days eg, and you need 3000 baht per day to purchase your product, then sell it for 6,000 turnover per night, it means you need 200-300,000 to open a small food shop there and thats a lot of meals to break even.....

My Father's Chicken
udonmap.com

Post by My Father's Chicken » April 25, 2017, 8:57 pm

Hi, again. I forgot to say that I will be closed tomorrow, Tuesday, as my brother is getting married at my family's house. I'll be open again on the regular schedule on Wednesday.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 28, 2017, 11:35 am

Looks like the owners of UD Town are wringing as much as they can from diminishing returns. The locals love to eat out but from experience, that trend has been falling since April 2016 because price rises are beating income. Maybe only the higher volume/turnover places are the only ones making any money at the moment. With increases in rents, new card payment systems and other changes, time will tell if they can survive.

The only winners in Thailand are the landlords who happily flip a place when a business goes tits-up, probably sting the closing business for their security deposit after failing to make the contractual 1-year minimum term, slap some paint on the walls and dust off the "For Rent" sign for the next punter.

Hoping to eat at least one more time at My Father's Chicken at UD Town as well as hoping their roaming market updates see the friends and customers they have built up at UD Town following them around.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 28, 2017, 11:46 am

UD Town owner is also refurbishing the Old Nevada IT Plaza for more dining experiences, said to be more upmarket etc

Interesting enough, UD Town is ranked in the top 10 night markets in Thailand some time ago, no idea how that is ranked and the demographics of selection.

I wonder what sort of waiting list he has for new vendors also ??

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: My Father's Chicken - a sad goodbye

Post by vincemunday » April 30, 2017, 9:29 am

Last night was the last night this plea was open, Aiw's father comes to dismantle the griddle after the lunchtime session. This is really a sad loss, the food here was great, there's nowhere in UD Town that makes ribs and chicken as good as this. Thanks for the great food once again and we wish you well in whatever you decide to do, keep us informed and we'll definitely visit to wherever you set up next.

Return to “Where to eat in Udon Thani?”