Is Thailand really one of the cheapest countries in the world to retire???

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Is Thailand really one of the cheapest countries in the world to retire???

Post by vincemunday » February 24, 2017, 7:39 pm

Yes I saw lots of evidence of the Chinese influx, whole villages of upmarket hi rise apartments for them only, no Laotian allowed there, our Laos driver told me so. Can't say I noticed the traffic or masses of people, I found their driving to be much better than here and the night market was busy but nothing like UD Town. When I was there the locals were telling me that the other areas were much nicer than Vientiane but were desperately poor, I shall go back at some point and see those places for myself but I think I will drive, it can't be any worse than driving through Calais.
“Freedom of speech was never free, thousands of people paid for that freedom with their lives" Activist Tommy Robinson 2018.

thrilled
udonmap.com

Post by thrilled » April 20, 2017, 3:34 am

Not sure about other places in Southeast Asia.But it's easy for me to go thru A million baht A year in Thailand.That includes travel.

Neil_Hines

Post by Neil_Hines » April 26, 2017, 5:38 pm

marjamlew wrote:Went to Bali last year. Easily 50% cheaper than Phuket - Samui as a tourist destination. Supermarket shopping in Kuta cheaper than Thailand for fresh fruit and veg and staples. Booze, smokes and restaurant food cheaper too. Downside - full of bloody Australians. :-"
:lol: great reply friend. =D>

Return to “Open Forum”