Is Thailand really one of the cheapest countries in the world to retire???

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Is Thailand really one of the cheapest countries in the world to retire???

Post by vincemunday » February 24, 2017, 7:39 pm

Yes I saw lots of evidence of the Chinese influx, whole villages of upmarket hi rise apartments for them only, no Laotian allowed there, our Laos driver told me so. Can't say I noticed the traffic or masses of people, I found their driving to be much better than here and the night market was busy but nothing like UD Town. When I was there the locals were telling me that the other areas were much nicer than Vientiane but were desperately poor, I shall go back at some point and see those places for myself but I think I will drive, it can't be any worse than driving through Calais.
“If Britain must choose between Europe and the open sea, she must always choose the open sea.” - Sir Winston Churchill.

thrilled
udonmap.com

Post by thrilled » April 20, 2017, 3:34 am

Not sure about other places in Southeast Asia.But it's easy for me to go thru A million baht A year in Thailand.That includes travel.

Neil_Hines

Post by Neil_Hines » April 26, 2017, 5:38 pm

marjamlew wrote:Went to Bali last year. Easily 50% cheaper than Phuket - Samui as a tourist destination. Supermarket shopping in Kuta cheaper than Thailand for fresh fruit and veg and staples. Booze, smokes and restaurant food cheaper too. Downside - full of bloody Australians. :-"
:lol: great reply friend. =D>

Return to “Open Forum”