Aussie Cricketers in India

General sports news and discussions.
marjamlew
udonmap.com

Re: Aussie Cricketers in India

Postby marjamlew » March 18, 2017, 6:34 am

wazza wrote:Any one know any free to air links to watch this in Udon at home.

You can try this one: http://watchcric.org/channel/watch-live-cricket-9

Massive first session today but it still looked like a road yesterday. Think 450 may be unders unless the Aussie spinners are able to get the turn that Jadeja got.

Watch Me!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Postby Zidane » March 20, 2017, 8:09 am

Latest from the sub-continent as Australia face a battle to save the Third Test on the final day......

Australia 451 and 23-2
India 603-9 dec (Pujara 202,Saha 117,Vijay 82,Rahul 67,Jadeja 54* Cummins 4-106)
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Postby marjamlew » March 20, 2017, 9:48 am

450 was well unders Zid and this test is turning out to be like the one or two when England made 450 odd in the first innings and got beat. Big challenge today for Smith, Handscomb, Maxwell and Cummings on a wicket that the Indian right handers, apart from Kholi, were not at all troubled on. Different story for the left handers having to deal with Jadeja but a good knock from Renshaw and Wade would be welcome and anything longer than 10 minutes from Marsh would be a real shock.
Aussies and especially Steve Smith had a shocker in the field for three days and I'd be pleasantly surprised if they can bat much beyond half way through today.
Watch Me!!

Barney
udonmap.com

Postby Barney » March 20, 2017, 10:36 am

Agree marjamlew,

Once Pujara set his mind to just batting for a coupe of days, and he did it well, we were doomed to only 2 results, draw or loss, with either of those results being the same, as far as Australia keeping the Border Gavaskar trophy. it wont matter the result today, we just have to now win the last to retain it.

Marsh, he must be under a cloud for the ashes. Had many a chance. Stoinis the Vic should be given a go. Or any other NSW batsman. :-" :-" :-"

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Postby marjamlew » March 20, 2017, 6:05 pm

Nice to be wrong on this one both about the result and on the ability of Shaun Marsh to be able to bat for more than 10 minutes. Middle session was the crucial one with Marsh and young Peter Handscom batting through.
Can't remember the last time an Australian side batted through a day 5 losing only 4 wickets to draw a test. Well done all round. =D>
Next test starts later in the week and with India needing the result to regain the trophy I don't think we'll see the runs made over the last 5 days.
Watch Me!!

wazza
udonmap.com

Postby wazza » March 20, 2017, 6:15 pm

Glad to see that K runless, and winless this Test

Sports Bar might get a hammering this week

Barney
udonmap.com

Postby Barney » March 20, 2017, 7:29 pm

I don't usually celebrate a draw but this one is vital to us. As said India must win the 4th test to get the trophy off us.

Eat my words about Marsh. Well done. But he must show consistency in the last game, first inning preferably.
Our bowlers did a great job to extend the India innings in time, grafted away and bowled accurately without much pay.

Our good teams of recent times were hard to defeat because it was difficult for anyone to take 20 wickets against us, perhaps we are in that rich vein again. And for Panmotor with a slightly off topic comment....Something the Poms will find hard to do in the next upcoming ashes. :-"

wazza
udonmap.com

Postby wazza » March 20, 2017, 7:38 pm

Boys did a good job , no homework under the door so far LOL

Lets just hope we drag out The Ashes then Barney to make it a 5 day Test and we win the lot

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Postby marjamlew » March 21, 2017, 1:22 pm

James Patterson took 5 - 7 in the shield game against Queensland on the weekend. I would love our bowlers for the first Ashes test to be Stark. Cummings, Patterson and Hazlewood. Can't remember the last time we played 4 genuine quicks. Got 5 nil written all over it.
Watch Me!!

wazza
udonmap.com

Postby wazza » March 21, 2017, 1:34 pm

Anderson out for The Poms ?

Broad their quickest.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Postby marjamlew » March 21, 2017, 2:07 pm

Anderson's got a better average than Bradman in Australia...... won't be missed by either side.
Watch Me!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Postby Zidane » March 21, 2017, 2:18 pm

marjamlew wrote: Got 5 nil written all over it.

No,no....to be fair I can see Australia winning at least one test ! ;)

Jimmy Anderson will be fit for the Ashes,I reckon......could be his swansong in Test cricket ??
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

panmotor
udonmap.com

Postby panmotor » March 22, 2017, 9:33 am

Barney wrote:I don't usually celebrate a draw but this one is vital to us. As said India must win the 4th test to get the trophy off us.

Eat my words about Marsh. Well done. But he must show consistency in the last game, first inning preferably.
Our bowlers did a great job to extend the India innings in time, grafted away and bowled accurately without much pay.

Our good teams of recent times were hard to defeat because it was difficult for anyone to take 20 wickets against us, perhaps we are in that rich vein again. And for Panmotor with a slightly off topic comment....Something the Poms will find hard to do in the next upcoming ashes. :-"

I only watched an hour or so of the final day as I have been travelling but, did see the worst wasted review of all time by Kohli so, maybe the Aussies got lucky!!!

To be honest, I didn't see much from the Aussies in the tests against India that worries me from an English perspective. I have been wrong before though

wazza
udonmap.com

Postby wazza » March 22, 2017, 8:54 pm

To be honest, I didn't see much from the Aussies in the tests against India that worries me from an English perspective. I have been wrong before though

Surely Marsh's innings would have caused some concern for you PM

will we beat them 4 or 5 zip. 5555555

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Postby marjamlew » March 26, 2017, 6:36 am

Given the footy started this weekend hardly anyone has noticed that a test match is underway......
Win the toss on what appears to be a pretty good deck, then get to 1 - 150 odd but all out for 300. It may turn out to be a very poor day for the Aussie boys but will withhold judgement until both teams have batted. Would have been nice to make 650 and put the test to bed but let down by an inconsistent middle order. Pressure on the bowlers to get the home side out without too much damage being done. Here's hoping.
Watch Me!!

Return to “World Sports”