The Udon TAP (Sponsor)

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: The Udon TAP BRIT ALES (Sponsor)

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 18, 2017, 10:49 am

Well as predicted the BRITISH ALES that just arrived have indeed been very popular , thought i had got enough to see us thru till next Bkk trip but appears not , i put one of each of the Ales from 3DM to the Tap but seems the local Ale lovers liked the idea of saving a few quid now the pensions are down and bought by the case direct from 3DM ... as of this morning only 2 cases of each the following remain ... be quick if these are your tipple of choice .

ABBOT ALE
OSH
GK IPA

OUR BEST SELLER IN THE UK range is Belhaven Black Stout in widget can plenty available as i doubled up on that ... and we are also very well stocked with EVERYTHING ELSE in our extensive range of 150 plus beverages.

Sold the last of the VB yesterday so at the moment no Aussie beers in store but this will change very soon as 18 new lines from Ozz , NZ and Canada ARRIVING VERY SOON .

All welcome to drop by browse or buy ..

DM n Dao
3DM Udon Co., Ltd. | website:
http://3dmudon.com

See us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Udon ... 80?fref=ts

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: The Udon TAP (Sponsor)

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 18, 2017, 11:24 pm

A heads up ....

DM is away tomorrow as doing Isaan deliveries en route to collect all the imported steak for our new restaurant that has arrived from South America , Tazzie and New Zealand .

Fear not TUTTH is open as normal TOMORROW from 12 noon and patrons will be in the capable hands of Dao and our new staff Arm and Dao ...another Dao .

A very enjoyable day today and happy to have a large group from Toyota choose the Tap again for their end of week relaxing drink n knees up , a good 15 plus some camera shy but all enjoying the beers and they certainly did try many of them ... even the big boss dropped and thanked us for our recent purchase of the Hiace Van for 3DM deliveries ... always had great service at Toyota on Taharn Road .

As ever all welcome to drop in browse or buy ..

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: The Udon TAP Bizz UPDATE (Sponsor)

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 25, 2017, 11:51 am

Nice steady day yesterday , a mix of drink in and takeaway both Thai and expats regulars and some newbies ... made for a very pleasant day ...thanks to all who have in the past and continue to support our little beer shop near the airport.

Yesterday was also moving n cleaning day , our old kitchen is no more and is now used for the sole purpose of glassware storage n cleaning , the new kitchen is just about finished . Still a couple of small jobs to including trying to get a sliding door fitted which is proving a task in its self as both our normal guys are away at the mo. A couple more bits of kitchen equipment to get and the crockery n cutlery ordered from Bkk should arrive SOON ?? i was told ....also the menus !!

Pleased to say all the imported steak cuts for the new restaurant arrived safe n well from overseas , the opening stock freezers are full with all cuts of the fantastic Cape Grim from Tazzie , NZ Tbones , Wagyu Burgers and some thing a bit special all then way from South America (not Brazil). We wiil also have some local Thai beef cuts on the menu not TF but another supplier based just outside Bkk ,,, very good quality n price .

Dao n I had planned to open last month but it seems to have taken an age to get this whole concept sorted with lots of comments some nice some not so nice with regard to the length of time its taking / taken to get this done , it was our choice to go top end with all equipment , fixtures fittings etc at considerable cost rather than "do it on the cheap" and we think it will be a place well worth waiting for offering the largest selection of super fresh draft and speciality beverages outside Bkk running alongside a very diverse food menu with a few suprises ...and we are keeping a couple of beer suprises up our sleeves for when we open ..

**We can confirm now that upon opening we will kick off with draft promos @ 100 bt PER PINT on at least 4 core products !!!

Now the biggest bug bear of all when in Bizz here STAFF !!!

STAFF REQUIRED
We have already set on 2 new staff members to assist Dao n I they are proving to be very capable , another Shag our old driver and beer expert will be joining us again after Songkhran to tend the bar and take care of the draft system etc ...

We are still on the look out for the following Thai national staff members ... to start a trial / training period covering 2 weeks after the Songkhran Hols then if everyones happy start thereafter May 1st .

Cook x 1
Housekeeper washer up cleaner etc x 1
Waiter/Waitress FT x 2

Good salary paid in all cases , decent working hours and one day off per week etc ..

ANYONE HAVE FAMILY MEMBERS INTERESTED feel free to contact Dao to arrange to drop by for a chat .

As ever all welcome to drop by browse or buy .

DM n Dao

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: The Udon TAP How could i forget ?? (Sponsor)

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 25, 2017, 1:42 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:Nice steady day yesterday , a mix of drink in and takeaway both Thai and expats regulars and some newbies ... made for a very pleasant day ...thanks to all who have in the past and continue to support our little beer shop near the airport.

Yesterday was also moving n cleaning day , our old kitchen is no more and is now used for the sole purpose of glassware storage n cleaning , the new kitchen is just about finished . Still a couple of small jobs to including trying to get a sliding door fitted which is proving a task in its self as both our normal guys are away at the mo. A couple more bits of kitchen equipment to get and the crockery n cutlery ordered from Bkk should arrive SOON ?? i was told ....also the menus !!

Pleased to say all the imported steak cuts for the new restaurant arrived safe n well from overseas , the opening stock freezers are full with all cuts of the fantastic Cape Grim from Tazzie , NZ Tbones , Wagyu Burgers and some thing a bit special all then way from South America (not Brazil). We wiil also have some local Thai beef cuts on the menu not TF but another supplier based just outside Bkk ,,, very good quality n price .

Dao n I had planned to open last month but it seems to have taken an age to get this whole concept sorted with lots of comments some nice some not so nice with regard to the length of time its taking / taken to get this done , it was our choice to go top end with all equipment , fixtures fittings etc at considerable cost rather than "do it on the cheap" and we think it will be a place well worth waiting for offering the largest selection of super fresh draft and speciality beverages outside Bkk running alongside a very diverse food menu with a few suprises ...and we are keeping a couple of beer suprises up our sleeves for when we open ..

**We can confirm now that upon opening we will kick off with draft promos @ 100 bt PER PINT on at least 4 core products !!!

Now the biggest bug bear of all when in Bizz here STAFF !!!

STAFF REQUIRED
We have already set on 2 new staff members to assist Dao n I they are proving to be very capable , another Shag our old driver and beer expert will be joining us again after Songkhran to tend the bar and take care of the draft system etc ...

We are still on the look out for the following Thai national staff members ... to start a trial / training period covering 2 weeks after the Songkhran Hols then if everyones happy start thereafter May 1st .

Cook x 1
Housekeeper washer up cleaner etc x 1
Waiter/Waitress FT x 2

Good salary paid in all cases , decent working hours and one day off per week etc ..

ANYONE HAVE FAMILY MEMBERS INTERESTED feel free to contact Dao to arrange to drop by for a chat .

As ever all welcome to drop by browse or buy .

DM n Dao
HOW COULD I FORGET !!!!!!!!

The new business opening up in the same row of units as the Tap and 3DM is coming on at pace ... the info i have at hand at the mo is ... this double unit will house a Euro style Butchers and dry food shop incorporating RETAIL , WHOLESALE AND DISTRIBUTION of local and imported meat products affordable top quality imported steak cuts being a priority ....also bacon , sausage and all related pork products as well as a selection of pies and ready meals etc ,, to add there will also be a small selection of imported dry canned packaged dry food products.

The walk in 3 tonne freezer and 2 tonne chiller are fitted and running in test mode , the units are all cleaned n painted out with im told equipment on order awaiting delivery .... hopefully another great addition to Udon shopping experiences and splendid news for the Nadee area based residents .

Wishing all involved good luck and future success .

BTW this new venture is in no way part of or in any way connected to The Pork House Co Ltd .

DM

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 25, 2017, 4:14 pm

It's all happening up your way since I left town and my last few pints of IPA at the TAP, good to see things moving for the new restaurant and garden area. Good luck.
With the right chef things will be dandy. I know you have put a lot of thought into the menu.
Is it perhaps a bring your own for wines? Some may like their own selection from home?
Or maybe just drop in next door into the tap for the wine selection there?
Hey Jon did you get a climate controlled wine fridge for the eatery, if not I have a spare one I can lend short term at a very very good rate?

Wow the new shop further up has a 3 ton freezer built, that's a lot of quality meats and pies.

Plenty of parking at least.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 25, 2017, 5:09 pm

Barney wrote:It's all happening up your way since I left town and my last few pints of IPA at the TAP, good to see things moving for the new restaurant and garden area. Good luck.
With the right chef things will be dandy. I know you have put a lot of thought into the menu.
Is it perhaps a bring your own for wines? Some may like their own selection from home?
Or maybe just drop in next door into the tap for the wine selection there?
Hey Jon did you get a climate controlled wine fridge for the eatery, if not I have a spare one I can lend short term at a very very good rate?

Wow the new shop further up has a 3 ton freezer built, that's a lot of quality meats and pies.

Plenty of parking at least.
Indeed Barney its all been happening ...all be it at a leisurely pace .. the new restaurant is all finished and yes a lot of thought and planning has gone into its format and the menu is going to have a few non standard choices , a mate is currently working on it .. just the nightmare area of staffing to sort and too be honest experience tells us that any staff that start now will dissapear at SK next month so weve waited this long to open so another week or two wont hurt ...

WINES - Yes customers can bring their own wines and pay corkage or can choose from bottles in The Tap or the House wine which Spanish and is served via a draft tower set up .

Yes all wines are stored 24/7 in AC with the whites in a chilled cabinet so thanks for the offer but weve already bought and got that in place .

The new double unit butchers / food shop looks like its gonna be an Aladins cave for lovers of imported steaks and quality meat products at affordable prices , loadsa parking one of the reasons for us choosing this location ... im lovin the fact its bringing another business to the area and the walk in freezer / chiller i pop in there naked for 10 mins first thing in the morning really sets you up for the day .

Drop by when you get back from your travels mate .

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 5, 2017, 2:09 pm

DM, when you owned Chern Chim, you were selling excellent English style bread loaves that I recall you got from a small, local supplier. Is that bread still available that you know of?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 7, 2017, 4:59 pm

tamada wrote:DM, when you owned Chern Chim, you were selling excellent English style bread loaves that I recall you got from a small, local supplier. Is that bread still available that you know of?
YES Tam....whats more they and the full bread range will be readily available on a daily basis from the new retail n Wholesale shop opening very soon next door to the Tap .. ive been away to Bkk and remotest Isaan fitting draft systems last few days so not sure what stage the units are at but the last i was informed the upcoming SK hols had delayed both stock and equipment arriving from Bkk.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 8, 2017, 9:17 am

Good... now get that bloody OSH draft working so I can have an imbibe b4 you shut down for water wars.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 8, 2017, 1:19 pm

tamada wrote:Good... now get that bloody OSH draft working so I can have an imbibe b4 you shut down for water wars.
As far as im aware the OSH has been on draft all the time UNLESS while i was away thers been a F**k up and no buggar has informed me .. yes indeed we are closing for the up n coming water wars n festivities .. a nice long break , i will post the closure days/dates later today .

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: The Udon TAP CLOSING DOWN (Sponsor)

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 8, 2017, 4:32 pm

Here the closure days dates times for the up n coming SK Holiday period for the Udon Tap Taste House .

Bearing mind Mondays are our normal weekly closure day and SK officially lands on 13 / 14 / 15 which are Thurs/Fri /Sat made sense to make the most n have an extended break ..

So .. we will close

SUNDAY 9TH TOMORROW @ 10PM and remain closed for the whole of the following week.

We will

REOPEN TUESDAY 18th @ 12 NOON

FROM THE 18TH on we will be putting the finishing touches to the new restaurant and getting all in place to open we are aiming to open at the same time the new retail n wholesale food shop does so next door ... the whole place is now completed just staff to sort ... now thers a headache !!

Some great promos to kick off the new extention and RESTAURANT we will be making imported draft very AFFORDABLE.. along with offering some quality imported steaks includIng amongst others Zebu from Argentina and Cape Grim form Tazmania .

WE WILL BE KICKING OFF WITH OUR MAINSTREAM DRAFTS STARTING AT A CRAZY 100 /150 BT PER PINT

THIS INCLUDES the OLD SPECKLED HEN , BELHAVEN STOUT and KOPPABERG CIDER and OPS-ALE BELGIAN LAGER .

However you choose to celebrate Songhkran joining in the "fun" or going into hibernation be careful if out n about on the highways n Byways .

Thanks to ALL who have supported out little imported beer shop near the airport .

DM n Dao

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » April 8, 2017, 5:05 pm

We at Nok Restaurant wish you a safe and nice holyday week. :D

//Khun Nok & Åm
Best regards
//DuiDui

“May we ever choose the harder right, instead of the easier wrong.” — Thomas Monson

"To grow and mature demands time and willingness to learn from your own misstakes"

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: The Udon TAP CLOSING DOWN (Sponsor)

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 8, 2017, 5:16 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:We at Nok Restaurant wish you a safe and nice holyday week. :D

//Khun Nok & Åm
Thank you .. a few plans to spend time in the remote village where my son cuts the rubber , im hoping same as last year with water olympics fun n games at the local pond , Morlam and Rikay / Thai pantomime plenty of local 'cuisine" and of course plenty of orange squash :^o ..... should make for a nice relaxing break .

IMO ... i love the rural village theme of Songkhran where as in the cities its just a nightmare and avoid it at all cost .

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 9, 2017, 9:35 am

Ditto on the rural aspects of Songkran celebrations there DM. About a dozen years ago when we started to build the mansion in the village, Mrs tam and I went to the home of the oldest inhabitant and did the lustral water, feet washing thingmabob; all deeply respectful and all a bit humbling.

After the passing of several of the old worthies in the community while we have been away, I have heard that I am now the oldest inhabitant in the village. Thus I am being set up for next weeks foot bathing while sitting on my high chair on the patio. Even the yaabaa heads across the street will be dropping by but I have told Mrs tam to lock all the doors while they are about.

Got busy yesterday so didn't have a chance to drop by so is the OSH on again?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 9, 2017, 10:17 am

Totally agree Tam .. rural village Songkhran celebrations are something any expat residing in Thailand should particiapte in at least once , the religious side of it is enjoyable even in the intense heat cos right after that youve got the bikini clad morlam singers n dancers n the village pretties in wet Tshirts whilst enjoy the local food and beverages ... laoKhao Chang n bbq spicy frogs ...

Ref the OSH ... indeed it is on but we are right at the end of the keg and as soon as its gone cleaning all the draft beer lines and turning off the systems as closed for the whole of next week . Dao will be here over SK as shes not keen on farm "village scene" and goes in the hibernation Sleeeeeeeeep mode, only venturing out to the fridge and bog .

WE DO HAVE A FEW CASES OF OSH CANS ... available single in The Tap or wholesale full 24 can case via 3dm next door saving a few sheckles ... last day TODAY

DM

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”