solar incentives

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
bluejets
udonmap.com

solar incentives

Post by bluejets » February 13, 2017, 10:58 am

Are there now or does anyone know of any future grid connect solar rebate schemes the Gov. in Thailand may have?

For Thai citizens of course.

boes
udonmap.com

Re: solar incentives

Post by boes » February 13, 2017, 9:59 pm

Very good question !!!! I'm interested too....

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 14, 2017, 6:50 am

From past experience rebates are extremely unlikely.

Even being able to have a grid connected system needs about 10cm of paperwork, and is impossible for anyone to do directly. The only company I've heard of that can do it is Amorn and your system will be 75% to 100% more expensive than with no paperwork. The benefit is that they have the connections to get systems approved.

Up to now the grid tied schemes have only really been available to large scale projects, whatever the is said by the ministry's concerned.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » February 14, 2017, 10:36 am

The chances of this working here is zero, there are far too many vested interests who do not want it spoiling their nest eggs, they are so selfish as this country is ideal for solar and should be encouraged not taxed into oblivion, all solar parts here are stupid expensive compared to most other countries.

Bagwain

Post by Bagwain » February 15, 2017, 9:59 am

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 15, 2017, 2:52 pm

Bagwain wrote:Have a look at this
offgridthailand

Cheers
How is your advertising for a company that by its very name doesn't do grid connected systems help?
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » February 15, 2017, 5:54 pm

Bagwain wrote:Have a look at this
https://www.facebook.com/offgridthailand/

Cheers
Not related to grid tie but some good content just the same....Thanks

Just that I remember a few years back where the Gov. was thinking about introducing a plan to "buy back" from private systems at around 7 baht a unit. Then again in Thailand ( as other parts of the world) governments and policies come and go.
That said I think there is a rather large commercial interest in solar in Thailand, just a pity it's not more supported on a private basis.

Just had my system in Aus cranked up the other day and getting close to 32 units a day from a 14/8 split array 5kW system. Big hearted supply authority give 6c a unit but charge back at 23 during the night.
Maybe a case for Tesla batteries but have to win the casket first. :D

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 21, 2017, 10:12 am

Four years ago the electric grid had a lot of problems. Outages several time a week with low voltage and surges. I partially solved that problem with a UPS. Unfortunately the unit was too small and only ran my computer for about 15 minutes. The unit finally died and I bought a much larger unit. It would run my computer and lights in my computer room for maybe an hour. Those UPS units are pretty expensive and really don't hold up that well.

Today the electric grid has improved and the outages are shorter but the glitches are still there, maybe a 10 second outage every other day. What I am saying is that rather than buy another even larger UPS, I decided to try solar. There is a lot of information on the Internet, some good and some bad. Some guys pay a company to install a system at their home and pay stupid prices for some company to install the system. After their over priced system is installed those guys become experts even though the had nothing to do with the system other than paying for it. Don't believe everything you read. I also have a 2,500 watt generator at the house but really can't remember the last time I needed it.

I sorted through the information available and got started. I bought my panels and batteries here in Thailand because shipping them from China was way too expensive. I did buy the charge controllers and inverters from China. Since the so called experts told me that the China stuff was junk, I bought spares. After three and a half years I have not needed the spares. My computer room is totally off the grid and the voltage is very stable.

I don't know if my small system will ever pay for itself but I don't care. I didn't go solar to save money. Since I got started with solar, I have installed a second system at the farm which is off the grid. It has also been trouble free for nearly three and a half years. That system runs fans, lights, TV and a TV satellite dish. If I would have had access to the electric grid, I would have never put in solar at the farm because we are seldom there. As it is, there was no choice. THere is a thirsty 5,000 watt generator there and it is used to run a one HP submersible water pump for irrigation. The generator is way too big, noisy and thirsty to use for the small amount of electric needed in the very small house.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 21, 2017, 10:43 am

I have and will consider a Solar System later not for savings but for versatility and convenience if the grid goes down for any periods.
I can split my power board into essential and non-essential circuits. Once I have moved into the new house properly I will asses the worth of any outlay.
I have 2 electric supplies on my property, one existing and one for the new house being built (slooowly)
In the new residence I have only have the 2 pool pumps working and a rarely few lights here and there. The filter pump works around 4 hours a day, and the bill comes to just less than 50 bht each period. The pumps were what I was going to initially run off solar and batteries, I don't think it is worth it now. But will see later.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 21, 2017, 11:07 am

As far as electric motors, the actually running needs are fairly small. It is the starting surge that makes solar power not too practical. I had a 2,500 watt generator at the farm that ran the submersible pump but the starting surge was just too hard on the generator. I took that generator home and bought the 5,000 watt unit. It starts and runs the pump with no strain. If I had known, I would have spent the extra money on a DC pump and extra panels to run the DC pump. No batteries required.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 21, 2017, 11:23 am

As a side note, I have a 10 amp circuit isolated in my breaker box. That breaker runs the fridge, TV and lights in the house. That was done for the generator. I have a simple double pole double throw switch. When the generator runs it is in the up position and the bottom position puts in back on the grid. Even my wife cannot screw that up. No double ended plugs for me. That short cut is entirely too dangerous.

Return to “House & Land”