Junk Gold

General Udon Thani topics only!
Baht Man
udonmap.com

Junk Gold

Post by Baht Man » February 12, 2017, 4:39 pm

Does anyone know where I should take some junk gold to get a fair price.
I've had some old bracelets, rings etc. just collecting dust and I want to get rid of it.

No Felix please.

Thanks in advance.

The more hair I loose, the more head I get.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Re: Junk Gold

Post by felixcat » February 12, 2017, 6:47 pm

No Felix, really?
No one here will get you a more fair price than Felix. I would give you more than the scammer gold shops, Gov. Pawn Shops and such, but instead, I'd like to tell you how to get a fair price. If you have junk gold, divide it into 9K, 10k, 14k, 18k. and get rid of the "gold plated junk".
weigh out each pile separately.. Find a web-site that will convert your weights into prices.
Post them all on EBAY by karat times the weight + plus what the current price is.
Do this for every karet you have. Add about $50 to the total, then offer free shipping, they will pay your shipping.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 12, 2017, 9:16 pm

New Thai Huad gold shop buys and sells gold and also exchanges money. I don't know about the gold; but his rates for currency exchange are excellent (that's where I exchange money when needed). Seems to be the same rate as SuperRich in Bangkok. It's located just off the fountain circle, across the street from the pawn shop. Owner speaks English.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » February 12, 2017, 9:28 pm

Udon Map wrote:New Thai Huad gold shop buys and sells gold and also exchanges money. I don't know about the gold; but his rates for currency exchange are excellent (that's where I exchange money when needed). Seems to be the same rate as SuperRich in Bangkok. It's located just off the fountain circle, across the street from the pawn shop. Owner speaks English.
the same place I use, strangely they always give better rates than banks. but I had a half sovereign coin to sell. not interested unless it was thai gold
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 13, 2017, 11:15 am

but I had a half sovereign coin to sell. not interested unless it was thai gold.....Dean Just like ENGLISH Jewelers THEY aren't interested in Thai Gold,Although it is 24k,Just Won't give you a price on it...

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 13, 2017, 1:29 pm

747man wrote:but I had a half sovereign coin to sell. not interested unless it was thai gold.....Dean Just like ENGLISH Jewelers THEY aren't interested in Thai Gold,Although it is 24k,Just Won't give you a price on it...
Sorry neither half sovereigns or Thai gold are 24k

A half sovereign is 22k
And Thai gold is 23k
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 13, 2017, 4:06 pm

O.K So what's a KARAT Amongst friends ?? What I Meant to say was that U.K Jewelers will NOT Buy or even give you a price on Foreign / Thai Gold 23k or whatever !!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 13, 2017, 6:28 pm

747man wrote:O.K So what's a KARAT Amongst friends ?? What I Meant to say was that U.K Jewelers will NOT Buy or even give you a price on Foreign / Thai Gold 23k or whatever !!
Well it is 4.16% other metal not gold

And FWIW my local UK jeweller will buy Thai gold, but at such a low price I wouldn't sell to him.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » February 13, 2017, 8:46 pm

You see, no shop here will give you crap for your gold. I took a 14K , 3 oz mans barcelet to the Gov. Pawn shop. Not interested. Sold it on EBAY for $3000
I would be interested in seeing what you have, I have some nice gems, I'd like to make into Pendants, or rings.
If interested [email protected]

boes
udonmap.com

Post by boes » February 13, 2017, 9:43 pm

Do you know of any gold shop in Udon that sells and buys gold bullions issuing receipts ? 8)

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 13, 2017, 10:12 pm

boes wrote:Do you know of any gold shop in Udon that sells and buys gold bullions issuing receipts ? 8)
Gold bullion is just means gold bars, and all gold shops in Udon sell them and buy them and give receipts. They are usually from 5 baht weight and up. 1 baht is 15.244 grams.

You usually get the best price selling back to the same shop you bought from. The difference in price is 100 baht per baht weight.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 13, 2017, 10:32 pm

felixcat wrote:You see, no shop here will give you crap for your gold. I took a 14K , 3 oz mans barcelet to the Gov. Pawn shop. Not interested. Sold it on EBAY for $3000
Congratulations you got about 170% of its current gold value.

I'm not at all surprised that a pawn shop wasn't interested. Most gold items of less than 23K are considered of little to no value here.

And I've just sold an item for about 5 and a half times its purchase price, so I agree the don't give crap for gold, they give cash, and you can make a nice profit too. :lol: :-"

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » February 14, 2017, 3:14 am

I wouldn't sell on eBay.the listing and sellers fees and final valuation fees are unreal.sold gold,omega watches,fine china amongst other things last year and got hammered with their fees.

boes
udonmap.com

Post by boes » February 14, 2017, 11:23 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
boes wrote:Do you know of any gold shop in Udon that sells and buys gold bullions issuing receipts ? 8)
Gold bullion is just means gold bars, and all gold shops in Udon sell them and buy them and give receipts. They are usually from 5 baht weight and up. 1 baht is 15.244 grams.

You usually get the best price selling back to the same shop you bought from. The difference in price is 100 baht per baht weight.
I asked because i haven't found one shop yet that do ! Can you recommend one ?

Baht Man
udonmap.com

Post by Baht Man » February 14, 2017, 11:31 am

felixcat wrote:No Felix, really?

Just wanted to get you involved here.
Seemed to work and thanks for the insight

Baht Man
udonmap.com

Post by Baht Man » February 14, 2017, 11:50 am

I'll connect with you via email.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 14, 2017, 1:22 pm

boes wrote:
sometimewoodworker wrote:

I asked because i haven't found one shop yet that do ! Can you recommend one ?
Not really as SWMBO has purchased the recent ones in Udon, she just went in asked and bought AFIK. I've bought in Yaowarat not Udon. We have always been given a receipt.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » February 15, 2017, 10:26 pm

Despite the jabs some take at me, I never start it, I only defend myself. I am always happy to help out someone in need, and believe me, I can help in a hundred or so topics or issues. After i got my life on track around 20 yrs old, I got so involved in learning, in fact got over-educated for many jobs I tried for. Having my own business set me free. The thing about too much education is, if you have no one to share it with, you tend to feel frustrated. And I'm not crawling into a cave. Many know me, I don't hide at all. I enjoy my life, even with the few aches and pains from our accident.
Over the years I've paid Ebay a couple thousand. And worth every bit of it. have sold to (before coming to Thailand), Russian federation, Israel, canada, Australia, ect. Ebay will protect you if some scammer trys to scam you. USA is the worst for selling. Once I sold a very nice ring with a very rare russian stone in it. The buyer told me her jeweler said it was fake stone. So she "told me" she would just keep the ring and pay me about $33.00 for the gold weight. I won that case, in fact, never lost a single case out of about 220 sales. I know every trick they can come up with.
Marcosteffano, your fees are a fraction of what you sell for. Sounds like you had some high priced items.
sometimewoodworker, my 1st bracelet (Thai gold) was a better deal. (2 or 3 baht Bought in BKK in 1997, asking price 1700 tb. Told them it was not my style, lowered to 1400, still no, left to go eat somewhere. Another call, now 750, politely no thankyou. #0 minutes later another call, now 450 tb. I told them, you are forcing me to buy it. Wore it for 3 years , it stretched alot from being so soft. Sold it to a gambler who "felt" it would bring him luck...price $2000.
Heres another tip. If you want a gold crown, bring your old gold and haggle the discount. My gold crown is made from a ring I cast myself. I took it to the best crown guy I knew for over 15 years. Theres actually very little gold in a crown, maybe 5% of High Nobilium. I also chose my favorite dentist, a Jew, a great friend of mine. When all was done, crown cemented, I laid down a gold Kugerand, 1 oz. He laughed and said my money was no good here. Nice guy.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 15, 2017, 11:52 pm

felixcat wrote:... asking price 1700 tb. ... ... ... minutes later another call, now 450 tb.
That's stretching the limits of credibility, at least for me. Don't know what anyone else thinks.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » February 16, 2017, 12:38 am

Udon Map wrote:
felixcat wrote:... asking price 1700 tb. ... ... ... minutes later another call, now 450 tb.
That's stretching the limits of credibility, at least for me. Don't know what anyone else thinks.
According to the historical rates chart, THB/USD in 1997 was 31.07 so purchase price of about $15 & sold 3 years later for $2000. Somebody, either the original seller or the final buyer, in this deal was ripped off.

Or it was all a dream :sleepy:
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”