Security S.A - does anyone know where they have moved?

General Udon Thani topics only!
udonviking
udonmap.com

Post by udonviking » November 9, 2015, 2:19 pm

Does anybody know where Security S.A has moved after they left Nevada building? I have a problem with our electrical fence system and need someone to come and help me fix it. All answers are aprreciated.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » November 9, 2015, 2:24 pm

Think they shut up shop about 18 months ago.. :(

udonviking
udonmap.com

Post by udonviking » November 9, 2015, 2:25 pm

That is sad news....

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » November 9, 2015, 2:30 pm

Yes he went back to Africa .

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Post by Tracechain » November 10, 2015, 5:04 am

They are still open and have a small store space on the top floor of the big Big C. The big guy who used to work with the owners runs. I have had cameras recently installed and he does good work and stands by what he sells.
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

udonviking
udonmap.com

Post by udonviking » November 12, 2015, 2:24 pm

Thanks for answers. I found a company that helped me. Really expensive, but the electric motor is back in action :D

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » November 12, 2015, 2:31 pm

Tracechain wrote:They are still open and have a small store space on the top floor of the big Big C. The big guy who used to work with the owners runs. I have had cameras recently installed and he does good work and stands by what he sells.
Thanks, Good to know. Went looking for them a few weeks ago, needed a camera check. Looked for them at LandMark and found someone there to check camera, camera ok, bad power supply.

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Post by Tracechain » November 13, 2015, 4:59 am

I've always liked SA and their work. He stopped by yesterday after we called about electric gate opener and cleaned up and adjusted. 200 baht. Plus he always calls in advance to let us know when he is coming. All around good service.
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 27, 2016, 8:48 pm

Looking for location of Security S.A. and/or tele number. Went to Big C 2nd floor and No longer there.

Anyone know where moved to, or have a phone #?

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 30, 2016, 6:07 pm

Guess not around anymore?

If anyone is looking for CCTV help, the place that has helped me twice now is on the 3rd floor of LandMark.

A While back they checked a camera for me and found power adapter was bad, so I replaced. This time my DVR went out during night, would not boot, power light on, and nothing. They checked it for me and found that its power adapter was bad, go figure, had a light but I guess not enough power to boot. Problem solved.

The shop name is KPTECH CCTV & Security System and have web site http://www.kptechcctv.com

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Re: Security S.A - does anyone know where they have moved?

Post by RLTrader » October 23, 2016, 3:33 pm

Update for this shop KPTECH CCTV & Security System

Ended up buying a new DVR from them, liked the software, and it seemed to work ok. So after having it less than 3 months, strange things started to happen when trying to view cameras over internet.

1st it was always slow, but I blamed it on my phone software, they kept updating it without asking and it kept getting slower.

2nd then it stopped working most times or so slow it was the same as not working.

3rd after trouble shooting, found that it worked ok when I plugged it into my Apple Airport, well for about a week.

4th The DVR seemed to like to eat routers and my Airport

5th Connected old DVR, worked fine, dam fast WTF

6th Bought DVR into shop to check internet connection, fu*k it worked. Bought home same problem.

7th For 500 baht they sent someone to check it out at house, came yesterday, left late, with plan to reset router back to factory next day, today, like that would fix problem.

8th He tried no difference, Paid him and showed him the door, after he want to connect it to another router I have. Like I need 3 bad devices, plus what would it prove?

Anyone interested in a DVR? And to thing I was going to sell my old one.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » October 23, 2016, 3:54 pm

Oh, I did reset the Apple Airport back to factory spec's and was able to set it up on the other router. Not sure I will try it on the so called bad router, so called, but its fine with internet connections and my old DVR. Just does not like the new DVR. Go figure.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 24, 2016, 5:59 am

back home on the farm I make my own electric fences, free standing run on one 40w solar panel, a 12v battery, and a fence unit, equals 9000v...nasty bugger to touch..its working now while I am here in UD, and no power bill

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » November 11, 2016, 7:40 pm

So an update to my DVR router problems.

Woke up Wed and at some point noticed that most of the lights were out on the TP-Link router, so it finally kicked the bucket.

Tried even connecting wire and reset, only thing on was the power light. Checked my records and it just 3 years old (cost about 1,700 baht), think right to the day.

So today thought I would check with 3 BBB and see if they had any routers, and yes they do 700 baht, seemed about the same in looks as the TP Link, got talking about speed and noticed sign saying 30/5 for 590, while I have 18/.3 or something like that for 590, but when tested against Bangkok, I get around 12/.3

She said for a 1,000 baht deposit for the VDSL router, I could upgrade to the 30/5 and when I returned router, get my 1,000 back. Sounded like a deal.

So she spent about 30 mins. setting it up, just ask for a wifi name & password. She had me check the connection with phone, worked.

So when I got home, pulled the old and installed the new. Connected and tested speed against Bangkok, 32/5 so I guess my line is ok, must have been the old router.

The big problem was to configure it to get to my camera's, shockingly just got them to work. Hair puller, to figure out how to port to DVR from phone, so can see from anywhere. Thought I had saved the setup on paper somewhere, but can't find. :D

So, it seems like I have a router for life? Still using the old DVR, tomorrow will replace with the new one. Easy change I think, just the MAC code needs to be changed, I think / hope

Then wait to see if it eats the router!

:D :D

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”