Latest - non-immigrant O visa spouse

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
Philrjones
udonmap.com

Latest - non-immigrant O visa spouse

Post by Philrjones » October 3, 2016, 9:14 am

Hi guys,

I'm coming back to Udon shortly and have an existing 12 month multiple entry spouse O visa. It runs out in Feb, so I rang the Thai consul here in Tasmania to renew it before travelling.

They've told me things have changed and they can't issue multiple entry ones now - I have to get a single entry and renew it at immigration offices in Thailand.

On reading around, I can see they've also introduced a money element of either 400,000 baht deposit in the bank or 40,000 baht per month income, verified by embassy letter.

Also, I used to do the 90 day run to Laos and back and I'm not sure if this is required or not.

Can anyone confirm these things and if the 90 day run to the border is still required?

Thanks in advance!

Phil

Philrjones
udonmap.com

Re: Latest - non-immigrant O visa spouse

Post by Philrjones » October 3, 2016, 9:36 am

The wife tells me she rang the Udon Immigration office and they weren't interested in the monthly income, but wanted to see 400,000 in the bank for 2 months. But I've seen it on Thai consul website where it says one or the other.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 3, 2016, 11:02 am

As You say Phil,I've just heard that the Royal Thai Consul in Liverpool CANNOT Now issue Multi Entry Non-Imm " O" Visa's any more,They are stating the same as the Consul in Tasmania citing the same conditions,So it Looks like another " Moving of the Goalposts "....Don't know where they get their numbers from BUT My Wife & I DON'T Need 40,000 Baht a Month to live on...Plus I Don't get THAT Much from my State Pension in the U.K So..........It Looks like " I Am Fu*ked "....I'll just have to get The Bigger Passport for ALL The Single Entry Visa's in the Future,Until they move " The Goalpost's Back " IF They EVER Do that....

Philrjones
udonmap.com

Post by Philrjones » October 3, 2016, 11:12 am

HI 747 - Liverpool eh? I'm originally from St.Helens down t' road tha knows!

Yeah, this is a pain. I can put money in to my Thai bank account, but last time I tried to get it out and send it overseas, it was a big no no. So I'm going on the basis of when the money gets in to Thailand, it's hard/impossible to get out again.

One of the reason I didn't take the retirement visa (besides not being retired but over 50) was it was just so easy to get the non-immigrant O visa - no monies to show, just marriage cert and all the related paperwork. By introducing a money element, it becomes difficult for a contractor like me as I don't have a regular monthly income. I only get income when I'm working and I like to keep that out of Thailand.

I don't know what I'm going to do now, I really don't. It's getting harder and harder to live there and the gloss is well and truly wearing off for me.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » October 3, 2016, 11:26 am

Hi Phil
consuls don't seem to be able to issue long term visa's anymore but I've done mine twice directly with the Thai Embassy in Canberra via post last time was in June this year took about a week turnaround from Brisbane
Have a look at canberra.thaiembassy.org
Regards

Philrjones
udonmap.com

Post by Philrjones » October 3, 2016, 11:33 am

Cheers CJ - I'll take a look at it

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 3, 2016, 11:34 am

747man wrote:As You say Phil,I've just heard that the Royal Thai Consul in Liverpool CANNOT Now issue Multi Entry Non-Imm " O" Visa's any more,They are stating the same as the Consul in Tasmania citing the same conditions,So it Looks like another " Moving of the Goalposts "....Don't know where they get their numbers from BUT My Wife & I DON'T Need 40,000 Baht a Month to live on...Plus I Don't get THAT Much from my State Pension in the U.K So..........It Looks like " I Am Fu*ked "....I'll just have to get The Bigger Passport for ALL The Single Entry Visa's in the Future,Until they move " The Goalpost's Back " IF They EVER Do that....
Is true that you would not get a multiple entry o visa based on marriage from the Embassy in London (via post) as they require income proof of £1,400 a month.
However you could get a multiple o based on retirement - as long as you have proof of a GOVERNMENT pension - amount immaterial.. :D

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/49

Philrjones
udonmap.com

Post by Philrjones » October 3, 2016, 11:37 am

Gee, I've lived and worked in Canberra too !

Philrjones
udonmap.com

Post by Philrjones » October 3, 2016, 11:39 am

Thanks Bob - I can't get that pension though!
Good grief, it's getting harder and harder to be there.

Philrjones
udonmap.com

Post by Philrjones » October 3, 2016, 11:42 am

Rang the Canberra one - it's shut for a public holiday, so I'll try them tomorrow

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » October 3, 2016, 12:40 pm

Just some further info, they talk about notarized documents but all you need is a normal jp to sign

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » October 3, 2016, 1:51 pm

Hi Phil,
I have to re apply for mine in November.
I will try and ring Melbourne embassy tomorrow.
mick

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 3, 2016, 3:09 pm

BobHelm wrote:
747man wrote:As You say Phil,I've just heard that the Royal Thai Consul in Liverpool CANNOT Now issue Multi Entry Non-Imm " O" Visa's any more,They are stating the same as the Consul in Tasmania citing the same conditions,So it Looks like another " Moving of the Goalposts "....Don't know where they get their numbers from BUT My Wife & I DON'T Need 40,000 Baht a Month to live on...Plus I Don't get THAT Much from my State Pension in the U.K So..........It Looks like " I Am Fu*ked "....I'll just have to get The Bigger Passport for ALL The Single Entry Visa's in the Future,Until they move " The Goalpost's Back " IF They EVER Do that....
Is true that you would not get a multiple entry o visa based on marriage from the Embassy in London (via post) as they require income proof of £1,400 a month.
However you could get a multiple o based on retirement - as long as you have proof of a GOVERNMENT pension - amount immaterial.. :D

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/49
Bob, I'll have to look at the 2nd part ( Retirement ) But My Pension IF You can call it that is A Pittance ( My Own Fault ) Do you get " The Proof " From Newcastle ?? [-o< [-o<

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 3, 2016, 3:13 pm

Philrjones wrote:HI 747 - Liverpool eh? I'm originally from St.Helens down t' road tha knows!

Yeah, this is a pain. I can put money in to my Thai bank account, but last time I tried to get it out and send it overseas, it was a big no no. So I'm going on the basis of when the money gets in to Thailand, it's hard/impossible to get out again.

One of the reason I didn't take the retirement visa (besides not being retired but over 50) was it was just so easy to get the non-immigrant O visa - no monies to show, just marriage cert and all the related paperwork. By introducing a money element, it becomes difficult for a contractor like me as I don't have a regular monthly income. I only get income when I'm working and I like to keep that out of Thailand.

I don't know what I'm going to do now, I really don't. It's getting harder and harder to live there and the gloss is well and truly wearing off for me.
Hi Phil, Tha Knows "One is A Woolyback" Then :roll: :? :-" Had a Very Good friend that was born & Lived MOST of his life in Windlehurst...Unfortunately He has Passed on now though.... :( :( :(

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 3, 2016, 3:26 pm

Philrjones wrote:HI 747 - Liverpool eh? I'm originally from St.Helens down t' road tha knows!

The reason you had problems taking the money out and sending it overseas is because you didn't get the letter of proof of the money coming into Thailand. If you had that you would have no problem sending it out. Many banks will only do it up to 6 months after receiving the international transfer.

Work in Thailand with a work permit or prove that the money came from outside Thailand and there is no problem moving money overseas.

It is going to become progressively more difficult to keep getting visas. The government want people living in Thailand to get extensions of stay.

You say it's getting harder to stay, not true. You just don't want to keep the money needed in Thailand or you don't have the income required. That has been the same for the last 10 or more years.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 3, 2016, 3:30 pm

747man wrote:Bob, I'll have to look at the 2nd part ( Retirement ) But My Pension IF You can call it that is A Pittance ( My Own Fault ) Do you get " The Proof " From Newcastle ?? [-o< [-o<
When you first get a pension from Her Majesty they write to you twice. Once to tell you of their decision & how much they are 'awarding' you (about 8 pages in total) & then a second time to confirm that they are paying you £xxx.xx a week & that the first payment will be on dd/mm/yy.
The second one of these is only 1 page long (the actual payment detail) & is marked - PLEASE RETAIN FOR REFERENCE.
It is that one that I send with my visa application.

If you have not got it still then I suggest that you do write to them at :
International Pension Ctre
Tyneview Park
Whitley Road
Benton
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE98 1BA
Quoting your National Insurance Number.
I am sure that they will send something back that you can use..

As I said, the amount they are giving you is unimportant!!!

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » October 3, 2016, 3:42 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:It is going to become progressively more difficult to keep getting visas. The government want people living in Thailand to get extensions of stay.
Can you please explain more about the extension of stay?
What visa do you need to be on to get it?
How often?
How long it lasts?
Costs?
Etc.

Thanks
Mick

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » October 3, 2016, 3:47 pm

mickojak wrote:sometimewoodworker wrote:
It is going to become progressively more difficult to keep getting visas. The government want people living in Thailand to get extensions of stay.
Also, I come every month, so not sure if an extension of stay will hep me?
Mick

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 3, 2016, 4:15 pm

BobHelm wrote:
747man wrote:Bob, I'll have to look at the 2nd part ( Retirement ) But My Pension IF You can call it that is A Pittance ( My Own Fault ) Do you get " The Proof " From Newcastle ?? [-o< [-o<
When you first get a pension from Her Majesty they write to you twice. Once to tell you of their decision & how much they are 'awarding' you (about 8 pages in total) & then a second time to confirm that they are paying you £xxx.xx a week & that the first payment will be on dd/mm/yy.
The second one of these is only 1 page long (the actual payment detail) & is marked - PLEASE RETAIN FOR REFERENCE.
It is that one that I send with my visa application.

If you have not got it still then I suggest that you do write to them at :
International Pension Ctre
Tyneview Park
Whitley Road
Benton
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE98 1BA
Quoting your National Insurance Number.
I am sure that they will send something back that you can use..

As I said, the amount they are giving you is unimportant!!!
Thanks Bob, I'll have a look in my Files.....

nmcd1649
udonmap.com

Post by nmcd1649 » October 3, 2016, 5:04 pm

applied for and was issued with a Non Immigrant Type O (Pensioner) Visa on September 12th this year t Thai Consul in Dublin. Cost 145 euro. Only requirements was a copy of bank statement showing 3 months pension income and two passport type photo's.

On checking the website earlier today it now states that from 1st October 2016 the requirements have now changed

Multiple Entry requirements are now Multiple Ticket bookings (when applying for a Multiple entry visa) (Proof of multiple ticket bookings required for the entries planned to be made in to Thailand if proof of only one entry can be provided only SINGLE entry Type O visa will be available.

Looks like a crackdown on Multiple entry Visas. Got mine just in time for up coming trip to Udon.....
We don't stop playing because we grow old we grow old because we stop playing......"George Bernard Shaw"...

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”