North Korea

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Jsell50
udonmap.com

North Korea

Post by Jsell50 » March 17, 2016, 3:16 pm

1) Does anyone else feel that North Korea is like a midget with a glass jaw taunting Tyson?

2) Just out of curiosity, why in hell would any American with a lick of common sense go to North Korea?

udonmap.com

North Korea

Post by 12345 » March 17, 2016, 4:14 pm

to spy.........

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

North Korea

Post by FrazeeDK » March 18, 2016, 12:02 am

watch any travelogue on North Korea. Any tourist going in there wouldn't get much spying done since they are shepherded everywhere by handlers.. This dipshite college student tried to steal a North Korean propaganda banner to take home as a "trophy" to (he said) give to his Mom... The Norks have no sense of humor and took his theft as an insult so railroaded him and gave him 15 years.. Of course, the Norks will end up doing some deal with the U.S. to get his young jackkass home.. So why would someone got to North Korea on vacation?? Why do people want to go to dangerous places... Thrill seekers I guess or trying to make "points" so they can say they've been there done that..
Dave

GT93
udonmap.com

North Korea

Post by GT93 » March 18, 2016, 12:32 am

Oh cool. This could be a lively thread as the bloke with the cool haircuts is very entertaining.

I can't believe a university student would be so stupid to try that stunt. I wouldn't risk a visit to North Korea. The US basketball player whose name escapes me for now who is mates with the cool haircut guy will have to come to the rescue. This will probably drag on for years.

North Korea is at risk of imploding. The Chinese and South Korea would have to pay the costs of picking up the pieces. The midget is in danger of breaking its own glass jaw.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Jsell50
udonmap.com

North Korea

Post by Jsell50 » March 18, 2016, 8:41 am

I think this one may be just the idiot to launch a nuke and land it on his own country. And yes the student is an idiot too. He can definitely say "Been there, done that!" now!

747man
udonmap.com

North Korea

Post by 747man » March 18, 2016, 9:33 am

Jsell50 wrote:I think this one may be just the idiot to launch a nuke and land it on his own country. And yes the student is an idiot too. He can definitely say "Been there, done that!" now!
Ahhhhh ! But He Ain't got the T-Shirt...Yet.. :lol:

GT93
udonmap.com

North Korea

Post by GT93 » March 18, 2016, 11:55 am

Jsell50 wrote:I think this one may be just the idiot to launch a nuke and land it on his own country. And yes the student is an idiot too. He can definitely say "Been there, done that!" now!
We shouldn't overlook that the US has almost nuked itself a number of times from military accidents. These kind of weapons are for grown ups with the full quid. An idiot who has his defence minister killed with an anti-aircraft gun in front of an audience of hundreds must be bananas.

Jsell50
udonmap.com

North Korea

Post by Jsell50 » March 18, 2016, 2:03 pm

I think the only way to teach some of these idiots some sense is to let a couple of them rot in foreign prisons. As long as we keep coming to their rescue, they will keep needing it.

GT93
udonmap.com

North Korea

Post by GT93 » April 3, 2016, 11:13 am

An important and entertaining American who has also seemingly graduated from the University of Bananas is proposing some changes to the US policy on nuclear weapons and North Korea and calls Kim Jong-Un a maniac:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016 ... ar-weapons

Kim Jong-Un probably needs to phone his American basketball friend or to chat to some of his American prisoners to try to understand some of this.

I hope no fall out from a nuclear war on the Korean peninsular would drift down to Udon.

Jsell50
udonmap.com

North Korea

Post by Jsell50 » April 3, 2016, 12:43 pm

Some people actually believe America would be better off not trying to be the world's policemen.

Udon Map
Admin

North Korea

Post by Udon Map » April 3, 2016, 9:26 pm

I went to North Korea in 2007. It was a fascinating trip. My friend and I were assigned three people to be with us at all times, a tour guide (who spoke reasonably good English), an assistant guide (who was learning English) and our van driver (who spoke no English). We were treated extremely well, that is, in a friendly manner and we were allowed to ask our people any questions, all of which were answered; although, obviously, all of the answers were the party line and many bore no connection to objective reality. As a precaution, we both asked permission before photographing anything. Interestingly, the guide, assistant and driver all had to leave their families and stay in our hotel while we were there. One was on duty in the lobby at all times when we were in the hotel in order to intercept us should we try to leave. The guide was debriefed by the authorities every evening, and our rooms were searched each day while we were out seeing things.

As you undoubtedly know, there is basically no information about the west available in DPRK. Our guide was as interested in learning about the outside world as we were about DPRK. I had left most of my things at the Hyatt in Beijing, but forgot that I had my cell phone with me. On arrival at FNJ, everyone has to go through a metal detector. They found my cell phone in my pocket and confiscated it, but returned it with a smile when I was boarding my plane to leave.

Easily the most interesting trip I have ever taken.

Jsell50
udonmap.com

North Korea

Post by Jsell50 » April 3, 2016, 9:45 pm

It would be interesting to know what country you are from and the reason for your visit to North Korea. Everyone I have talked to, including a couple of South Koreans with family in the north says the quality of living there is terrible. What did you experience or did they only let you see what they approved of?

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

North Korea

Post by jai yen yen » April 3, 2016, 11:35 pm

Jsell50 wrote:Some people actually believe America would be better off not trying to be the world's policemen.
Yes America would be better off but would the world be better off. I really don't know but I do know that without the help of the U.S. Hitler could have come out on top and that would not have been a good thing. Someone has to be the top dog and I much prefer a western democratic one as opposed to the other options in the world.

Jsell50
udonmap.com

North Korea

Post by Jsell50 » April 6, 2016, 9:38 am

I agree, but a lot of the world has a very short memory. America could close its borders and have a very good quality of life without ever importing or exporting another thing. Yes, we would be behind in a few things until we ramped up our factories and mines again but in 10 years we would be fine. And without America in the war, Hitler would have had a much easier time with Europe. I think Russia might have been too big to swallow and they would have eventually ruled all of Europe. I still think America is too strong for any one country to handle without making the whole world a nuclear wasteland and maybe killing off all life on earth. I forget the % of bombs currently available that it would take for a nuclear winter but it isn't too high.

GT93
udonmap.com

North Korea

Post by GT93 » June 21, 2016, 2:11 am

North Korea is a safe-haven for migratory birds:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36533469

Some photos from another world.

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: North Korea

Post by GT93 » March 4, 2020, 3:41 pm

Udon Map wrote:
April 3, 2016, 9:26 pm
I went to North Korea in 2007. It was a fascinating trip ... Easily the most interesting trip I have ever taken.
Interesting. Coronavirus aside, would you risk a visit again after what happened to the American student?
The sister of North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, has condemned South Korea as a “frightened dog barking” after Seoul protested against a live-fire military exercise by the North ...

“By having someone like Kim Yo-jong – who has been a dovish figure towards the South and acting as a soft and friendly messenger – issue such a strong statement condemning the current government, the North is raising its pressure,” said Go Myong-hyun, an analyst at the Asan Institute for Policy Studies.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... htened-dog

Trump's mate is flexing his muscles.

Yes, I know where I am. ;)

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » March 4, 2020, 5:43 pm

GT93 wrote:
March 4, 2020, 3:41 pm
Udon Map wrote:
I went to North Korea in 2007. It was a fascinating trip ... Easily the most interesting trip I have ever taken.
Interesting. Coronavirus aside, would you risk a visit again after what happened to the American student?
Yes. His parents' understandable feelings aside, there is no evidence that Otto Warmbier was killed by the DPRK. Once he was returned to the U.S., he was treated at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, where doctors were unable to identify anything which might have caused his condition. This includes examination and treatment prior to his death as well as a post-mortem examination. Sometimes normal, healthy people die for no apparent reason.

As I discovered while I was there, follow the rules and there's no problem. My friend and I were assigned three people to watch us. A guide, assistant guide, and van driver. We stayed in the same hotel that Otto Warmbier did, the Yanggakdo hotel. No problem, although 1) they searched our rooms every day while we were out sightseeing, and 2) while we were in the hotel, one of our three watchers had to stay in the lobby, including overnight, in case we tried to leave. I asked permission before each picture that I took. Sometimes we'd be someplace, and the guide (who spoke reasonably good English) would tell us to take pictures freely, which we did.

Warmbier went to an area of the hotel which was off limits and removed a government propaganda poster, a serious offense in the DPRK. He knew the rules and broke them. While, of course he didn't deserve to die, no one's been able to find any evidence, despite intense looking, that his illness and death was anything but a very unfortunate sudden onset illness unrelated to the North Koreans or the treatment he received while he was imprisoned there.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 5, 2020, 1:00 am

Interesting. I wasn't up to speed with the details on Warmbier. I'd love to visit sometime but I think it would be safer to travel to North Korea on an American passport than any other.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 7, 2020, 9:15 pm

GT93 wrote:
March 5, 2020, 1:00 am
Interesting. I wasn't up to speed with the details on Warmbier. I'd love to visit sometime but I think it would be safer to travel to North Korea on an American passport than any other.
Pattaya sounds like better value these days, espesh with the Chokies all at home on a sick note.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 8, 2020, 1:24 am

GT93 wrote:
March 4, 2020, 3:41 pm
Udon Map wrote:
The sister of North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, has condemned South Korea as a “frightened dog barking” after Seoul protested against a live-fire military exercise by the North ...

“By having someone like Kim Yo-jong – who has been a dovish figure towards the South and acting as a soft and friendly messenger – issue such a strong statement condemning the current government, the North is raising its pressure,” said Go Myong-hyun, an analyst at the Asan Institute for Policy Studies.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... htened-dog

Trump's mate is flexing his muscles.

Yes, I know where I am. ;)
Now theres one young lady not to get the wrong side of .. one word from her to the big K n its curtains ..

so guys if anyone is planning to try to slip her a crippler DONT ..

possibly to others she looks like a teacher n a good shag but not my cuppa tea

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “Open Forum”