Udon Immigration

General Udon Thani topics only!
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 19, 2016, 7:58 pm

Somchai499 wrote:You can convert a tourist visa (and a 30 day visa exempt entry) into a Non-O visa as long as you have 14 days left on the permit of stay and you can show THB 800,000 (assuming you go for retirement) in a bank account in your name. The conversion can be done in BKK immigration office Chaeng Wattana or Chiang Mai. The fee is THB 2,000.
Not quite.
You need 15 days or more left on your permission to stay and will require 2 trips to Bangkok 15 days apart to do it. During the first trip you will apply for the change and they will give your passport back. Then when you return they will stamp the visa and entry stamps in your passport. To apply for the change you will need letters from your bank confirming your balance and that the funds came from abroad and your bank book updated on the date you apply. You would complete a TM86 form for the application. Their is no requirement to have had the funds in the bank for more than a day, there are reports that if the money can be shown to have been on deposit for some longer period they may not insist of the funds from abroad requirement.

This then gets you a Non-O visa which is immediately stamped as used and you are given the standard 90 days permission to stay, 2 months after that you can get an extension of stay for the purpose of retirement. Prices given above.

So all in all go to Laos prove money in Vientiane or no proof of funds in Savannakhet and get a Non-O is the simple option from Udon and nearby.

All of this while possibly helpful to somebody is of no interest to the OP

Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

oangh
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by oangh » March 20, 2016, 6:39 pm

Shall we still bring passport photos ,when renewing visa?

dingdong
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by dingdong » March 20, 2016, 7:15 pm

I did not have to supply pictures for renewing my Retirement Visa 2 weeks ago

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by Khun Paul » March 20, 2016, 7:26 pm

I still add a picky to my applications, despite their so-called new system I feel happier supplying a picky .
Although one reads about problems many have, I have always found then ( Imm police ) to be helpful providing you ask the right questions.
In all my time here, I have never had a problem withy them in Udon, Nong Khai was another matter, but that was short lived and no longer applies. .

oangh
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by oangh » March 20, 2016, 8:40 pm

THX,

ezrider
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by ezrider » March 21, 2016, 7:36 am

Since the rules for visas change a bit from time to time ( for instance the length of time the income statement is valid went from three yrs. to one yr. and now is months) Udon Immigration has always been good about giving an applicant the exact list of what they need to present in order to obtain a visa. One could go back later the same day, next day or whenever and as long as they have the correct documents, there shouldn't be a problem.
They are, in my opinion, exceptionally nice in there. When you consider the size of that office and the constant press of people wanting different things. In the U.S. there would be security guards, cell phone drops, metal detectors and glass enclosures.

oangh
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by oangh » March 26, 2016, 2:23 pm

I went there Monday,and was asked for a photo.I had one . Think we and Imm.can save time if all brings photos

pal52
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by pal52 » March 26, 2016, 4:46 pm

ezrider wrote:Since the rules for visas change a bit from time to time ( for instance the length of time the income statement is valid went from three yrs. to one yr. and now is months) Udon Immigration has always been good about giving an applicant the exact list of what they need to present in order to obtain a visa. One could go back later the same day, next day or whenever and as long as they have the correct documents, there shouldn't be a problem.
They are, in my opinion, exceptionally nice in there. When you consider the size of that office and the constant press of people wanting different things. In the U.S. there would be security guards, cell phone drops, metal detectors and glass enclosures.
:lol: :lol: :^o :^o :-" :-" :-"

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by Wee Jimmy » March 26, 2016, 8:52 pm

Pal52. Nothing said but well put.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by Lone Star » March 27, 2016, 5:13 pm

Last edited by Lone Star on March 6, 2019, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by RLTrader » March 27, 2016, 5:18 pm

ezrider wrote:Since the rules for visas change a bit from time to time ( for instance the length of time the income statement is valid went from three yrs. to one yr. and now is months) Udon Immigration has always been good about giving an applicant the exact list of what they need to present in order to obtain a visa. One could go back later the same day, next day or whenever and as long as they have the correct documents, there shouldn't be a problem.
:shock:

parrot
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by parrot » March 27, 2016, 5:42 pm

RLTrader wrote:
:shock:
As for that "shocked" look......a U.S. example: A social security office in a large Texas city. The number of people who can enter the building is limited. Once capacity is reached (it's reached early in the morning), a queue is formed outside the main doors. When one customer goes out, another goes in. When you go in, you pass through security. If you have a handbag, it's searched (weapons are not allowed inside....although you can pack a gun while you're standing in line outside). Then you pass through a standard metal detector. Life in the U.S. these days!

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by RLTrader » March 27, 2016, 6:13 pm

Your US example, Thats why I moved here over 10 years ago, never to return.

Sure Udon imm is not bad, but you can ask a question, and get 10 misleading answers from 10 different people in the office in 1 day. If you re-check on another day you will get 10 more misleading answers. Lost in Translation? :lol:

tutone
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by tutone » April 8, 2016, 5:43 pm

I went to the immigration office today to renew my extension of stay. I went 30 days before the actual expiration of my current extension, because I thought that there was a 30 day wait for the new extension to be approved. I want to travel in June so I thought I would just get my extension in plenty of time before my travel plans. The process went smoothly and fairly fast only taking about 20 or so minutes. But........... When finished the date for me to return for the approved extension was stamped June 6. That's two months from now. It really doesn't interfere with my plans so I didn't question why the longer wait than I anticipated. Is this the new norm now or is it that regardless of when you apply the extension will not be formally granted until 30 days after the expiration date? (Unless of course one pays extra for expedited service.) On a side note, the girl asked for 2000 Baht which I gave her (knowing the fee is 1900) and didn't offer a receipt. So I asked for a receipt which she provided along with 100 Baht change. I think maybe they must write receipts after the customer leaves and pocket the remainder. They also made copies from my passport of every extension of stay going back to 2009. I don't remember them doing that before. What would be the purpose? Don't they have records? It just amazes me how they go about doing things.

Pooclover
udonmap.com
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack-bar sucking sickly sausage rolls

Udon Immigration

Post by Pooclover » April 8, 2016, 5:58 pm

Ref your post above.... Its the norm...

Kiwidad3
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by Kiwidad3 » April 8, 2016, 6:05 pm

They did the same with me, I went back after 30 days to check and it was ready. I would be inclined to check after the 30 days is up. They do things very different up here compared to when I was living in BKK

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by FrazeeDK » April 8, 2016, 10:00 pm

when I did mine last December I came back in less than 2 weeks and asked. One of the officers told an office intern to "get the book" and the girl confirmed the extension was ready.. I didn't have to wait in line, I just stood off to the side near the 90 day desk.. The girl took my passport and was back five minutes later with everything stamped and correct.
Dave

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by Hoopoe » April 9, 2016, 8:53 am

This has been the norm at Udon IMM for quite a few years ( i can only confirm on marriage extension) the return pick up is always 30 days after expiry of latest extension regardless of how early you apply , unless you chuck them some money to sweeten the process

pomps
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by pomps » April 9, 2016, 6:06 pm

Yep,fast tracking the extension based on retirement is now 1500 baht,was 1000 baht last year,total cost to get the yearly stamp in your passport on same day now costs 7300 baht re retirement,if no rush or not leaving the country unexpectantly within their30 days stamp then no problems,no need to pay.immigration give you the option.pay or not 8)

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » April 9, 2016, 6:49 pm

7300 baht? weres that come from and what for?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”