dentist: current prises

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » December 22, 2015, 12:19 pm

as many of you did before, i'm planning to go to "wattra dental clinic" opposite Central Plaza / Bus station.
in order not to be fooled, i would like to know your experiences about the current prises for dentist treatment there?
  1. dental cleaning
  2. extraction of molar tooth
  3. mending a dental hole
thanks in advance.

waanjai
udonmap.com

Post by waanjai » December 22, 2015, 3:29 pm

Should you want to make an appointment, they have a pricelist at the reception too. Professional tooth cleaning was 500 lately.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » December 23, 2015, 5:50 am

Two visits there in the past few months.

1 Adult tooth extracted after injection 500 baht.

Junior - injection, 1 tooth extracted and pain killing medicine 300 baht.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

Post by kjellsnell » December 23, 2015, 7:26 am

Would need to make dental implants and seeking knowledge about the best prices for this purpose. Has a price of 50,000 bath per tooth, but I think this seems expensive. Do you have better suggestions friends ....
These days life seems pretty good and I eagerly look forward to the continuation!

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » January 22, 2016, 5:02 pm

Hello! Not sure if is the correct forum but it may be close. I visited the dental clinic across from bus station, not have Dentist available for one week only hygienists. I must say I had an abscessed tooth and in need of care. Next stop major hospital here in Udon. Visited Dental clinic and was given exam and xray ( xray equipment very old at least 20-30 years behind "state of the art) told I would need 3 separate root canals and other procedures. I said I would go home and think about it.

There was a post about a new Dentists trained in America and speaks English well. Visited Hospital and was told she not available until February 01, and only then 2 days a week for 2 hours a day. Obviously, in pain from abscess, not will to wait until February. Now my dilemma is I have an abscessed tooth in need of attention. I will get a second opinion before I go back to the Dentist who recommended 3 root canals among procedures. I want to visit the Dental clinic at Wattana hospital before I make my commitment. If it was a matter of simple of a filling or an extraction I may go with the original Dentist but a 3 root canals is a whole different matter. And we are talking a general practitioner not a endodontist.

I would like to hear from members whom have undergone a recent root canal(s) locally and whom would you recommend?

I do not have much confidence in the local talent and I am thinking of going to Bangkok to have the procedure(s) done. I hope to hear from members to convince me to stay local in Udon from their experience(s)

Thank you and am looking forward to your response(s) because I am truly in pain and want to get this Dental procedure behind me without a lot of pain and complications.

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » January 22, 2016, 6:51 pm

I have used Rak Fan and Dr Saranya. She can also do implants. My daughter scares dentist extremely much, but also she has been happy there. I have my wisdom tooth, which did have pain, still in Place. Only temporary filling, because it should be removed. Dr. Saranya said that no need to remove now, if no problem after filling. I did read some stories from that clinic, but for me waiting room A/C was turned on and also operation room was cool. Space was enough for me to "relax" and doctor to operate. With eyes covered, I did not have a possibility to suffer about a little space. Filling, I remember, was 600 thb and then week later check up free with comments to come back if pain occurs. Now almost one year ok. One day I will go there. Better that I do not comment much about my experience with Wattra Clinic. 4 appointments, every time left the building and wasted over 7 hours there. Even with pre-booked appointment. 1st time was ok and I was happy with service. No more about that.

Ps. Rak Fan has two dentist and the other one is also ok, based on my experiences, but I would recommend Dr. Saranya.

PsPs. Fast fix (extraction) could also be done at Military Hospital. Good Place also, but time limited. I believe that Rak Fan could be fastest possibility.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 22, 2016, 6:57 pm

My wife and I have also had very good experience with Dr Saranya at Rak Fan.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » January 23, 2016, 2:50 pm

Wattara charges 12,000 bht for a root canal filling. 4 appointments over one month .. Think of this if planning on going to bangkok ?

ezrider
udonmap.com

Post by ezrider » February 17, 2016, 7:59 am

I recently had one root canal done at Panda Clinic, corner of Sri Suk & Amphur Rd. 12,000 for a molar with 4 roots. Totally painless. After initial x ray, 3 more visits (ea. about 30 min.) They are open weekdays after 5 pm, Sat, Sun all day. Years ago I had one done at AEK by a woman Dr., a nightmare that lasted over 2 hrs. I went elsewhere for the followup & permanent filling. They may have a different dentist there now, haven't set foot in the place since.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 17, 2016, 1:47 pm

kjellsnell wrote:Would need to make dental implants and seeking knowledge about the best prices for this purpose. Has a price of 50,000 bath per tooth, but I think this seems expensive. Do you have better suggestions friends ....
That is the cheapest price I have heard of. I'm having three done at Bangkok Hospital now 60K per implant. Ne dentist for this area Dr, Yada Educated in America 20 practice in Seattle Washington. That was cheaper then my other dentist. This is her specialty and I'm hoping for the best

It will be about a five month process so it will be hard to post the results on this thread.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 17, 2016, 2:07 pm

bumper wrote:It will be about a five month process so it will be hard to post the results on this thread.

Please do post! No need for gory details or photos......but general impressions and overall satisfaction as things go along.

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » February 18, 2016, 7:40 am

bumper wrote:
kjellsnell wrote:Would need to make dental implants and seeking knowledge about the best prices for this purpose. Has a price of 50,000 bath per tooth, but I think this seems expensive. Do you have better suggestions friends ....
That is the cheapest price I have heard of. I'm having three done at Bangkok Hospital now 60K per implant. Ne dentist for this area Dr, Yada Educated in America 20 practice in Seattle Washington. That was cheaper then my other dentist. This is her specialty and I'm hoping for the best

It will be about a five month process so it will be hard to post the results on this thread.
Is the Bangkok hospital you mention in Udon? I had my exam and the results of the exam there (as stated above). I just did not have a good reaction (gut feeling) to the service there. I am going to ask for a copy of x-rays and record and get a 2nd opinion at Wattana Hospital. Anyone have experience at Wattana Dental? Also the Panda Clinic discussed by ezrider below sounds promising. If all else fails I will go to Thantakit New Petchburi Road in Bangkok.

jackson
udonmap.com

Post by jackson » February 18, 2016, 5:31 pm

Yes. I and my friend have had exellent service and professional dentalwork done at Wattana, lovely english speaker and clinic extremely hygenic

BigRick808
udonmap.com

Post by BigRick808 » February 19, 2016, 12:45 am

Not sure if any of you visit eastern Europe, but if you do the prices can be much lower and the equipment and drugs are modern. I had a root canal, x-rays, filling, and follow-up for less that $140 when I was in Latvia. Very gentle young lady doctor who recently graduated and spoke English.

I realize if proper sterilization technique is followed you don't need to be concerned with disease transmission... but if it isn't..... I always think about that when in Thailand. Hepatitis B is very common there.

They had an ad for a rear tooth implant using Swiss material for 975 euro.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Dentist: Current Prices

Post by Lone Star » September 2, 2016, 9:56 am

Update on prices at the Udom Dental Clinic (see map).

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Udo ... 4849?hl=en

I have been going to this dentist for a number of years now for crown work (Dr. Wongchan) and have had two root canals done here too (Dr. Nittani). The prices were always slightly higher than the dentists here who did some not-so-good work on my teeth when I first got here (their offices in the clock circle).

Dr. Wongchan corrected some of the previous issues created by other Thai dentists, and Dr. Nittani has done excellent work on the two root canals that he performed (6,000 baht each that included three visits). Dr. Nittani's prices have remained consistent.

However, I noticed that Dr. Wongchan's prices have evolved upward in the last year. It seems that 1,000 baht was the minimum for just about any work done at all (after being charged 300 or 500 baht in previous visits for minor things). That was manageable enough.

Well, this week her crown prices doubled. I have a feeling that her pricing is matching what she thinks is the client's ability to pay. I can't imagine a Thai person paying 20,000 baht for a crown. Past crown prices were 9,000 baht (porcelain) and 12,000 baht (metal). She does high quality work and details everything that she is going to do, but I have a feeling that I have been slowly "falanged" when it comes to pricing.

Dr. Nittani does excellent, pain-free work, and he will continue to be my go-to guy when it comes to root canals, but I'll be looking for a new crown dentist.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Re: dentist: current prises

Post by the-monk » September 2, 2016, 10:25 am

FYI Only. Info provided as a reference.
DISCLAIMER: I have never used their services.. I don t know this clinic. I am in no way associated with this clinic. Use at your own risks.... 55555
I snapped these pics few weeks ago on my way to Landmark. This clinic is very near landmark on Udon Dutsadi rd.
Have a nice day.
DENTAL-1 ST-PAUL.jpg
DENTAL-2-ST-PAUL.jpg

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Dentist: Current Prices

Post by Lone Star » September 2, 2016, 10:52 am

parrot wrote:My wife and I have also had very good experience with Dr Saranya at Rak Fan.
Do they do crowns here, Mr. parrot?

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Dentist: Current Prices

Post by parrot » September 2, 2016, 1:17 pm

Lone Star wrote:
parrot wrote:My wife and I have also had very good experience with Dr Saranya at Rak Fan.
Ten years ago, they didn't do crowns at Rak Fan. I did mine at the Udon Clinic, nearby, on Srisuk Rd. US schooled dentist. But Rak Fan may very well do them now.....not sure.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Dentist: Current Prices

Post by Lone Star » September 2, 2016, 3:38 pm

parrot wrote:
Lone Star wrote:
Ten years ago, they didn't do crowns at Rak Fan. I did mine at the Udon Clinic, nearby, on Srisuk Rd. US schooled dentist. But Rak Fan may very well do them now.....not sure.
Thanks.

The Udom Clinic on Srisuk is the one where I have been going. Crown prices this month went off the rails.

bumper
udonmap.com

Re: dentist: current prises

Post by bumper » September 4, 2016, 6:42 pm

Dental inplant 43 K if I read it right that is the best price I have heard

Return to “Health & Beauty”