Hotel & nice eateries

Information & Travel
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Hotel & nice eateries

Post by BobHelm » July 27, 2012, 6:01 pm

It has been a while since I stayed in Vientiane but I have to come over in August & thought that I might stay for a day or two.
Can anyone recommend a decent, but fair value for money, Hotel that is reasonably central, or on the river? It does not need to be near any of the Embassies.
Somewhere near some decent food sellers would be nice & some recommendations on where I am likely to find something that I would be unlikely to find in Udon? I will eat virtually anything, but do prefer something with a bit of spice & 'bite' rather than having a more refined taste... :D

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Hotel & nice eateries

Post by harmonyudon » July 27, 2012, 8:42 pm

BobHelm wrote:Can anyone recommend a decent, but fair value for money, Hotel that is reasonably central, or on the river?
The Riverside Hotel and at walking distance many eateries and on the river @Bob.
Don't be a loser, don't comment on others if u haven't achieved a thing.
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

Lao-miner
udonmap.com

Hotel & nice eateries

Post by Lao-miner » July 28, 2012, 6:05 am

The Lao orchid is quite nice , close to a lot of restaurants and from memory will run you about 40 bucks , As harmony udon mentioned the Riverside is good also but last week i saw a lot of construction a few buildings down , pile driving etc so you might want to have a gander first as it could be quite noisy , if its guest houses you are after The Mali namphu is set back from the road around the corner from the scandinivian bakery pangkham road and runs at about 25 or 30 bucks next choice not far from there would be the vayakorn guest house , nokeo kuman street, if you need a guest house with a pool you cant go wrong with the villa manoly , opposite the don chan palace , 20 to 50 a night you might have to book this one though as it attracts the flashpackers , its a little bit away from the main eateries but not all that far in a tuk tuk or maybe a 15 minute stroll to downtown / river area , sorry dont have any phone numbers but im sure you could google them, was in vientiane last week and it didnt appear overly full of Tourists

Return to “Laos”