Castle Howchow Beach Resort Hotel - Khon Kaen

Issan the rural northeast forum
lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » October 3, 2007, 1:47 pm

We would like to welcome Castle Howchow Beach Resort Hotel to udonmap.com. Details about this beautiful resort can be found on their website http://www.castle-howchow.com

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » November 6, 2007, 11:45 am

I visited Castle Howchow over the weekend for a little R&R and to take some photos. The resort is very impressive, it has a large swimming pool which has a decent lap swimming area and section for the kids, food is very good, there is a decent selection of Thai and Western food, even Pizza is available. There is a lovely garden area with huge ponds full of fish and ducks, there are also rabbits, peacocks and a couple of parrots. They have an area for badminton, pool tables and lot's of shaded area for sitting by the pool. I would certainly recommend this place for a weekend get-away or somewhere to chill for a few days. an individual Cobra Village is just up the road and there are several other attractions worth a visit in the area, your host Howard would be more than pleased to give you more information on what to see around the area.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » November 6, 2007, 11:56 am

Lee,I visited the website ,but your pictures posted are better and they don't give information!What are their prices,rooms ,food,swim etc.?See anybody with small dogs?

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Re: Castle Howchow Beach Resort Hotel - Khon Kaen

Post by Irish Alan » November 6, 2007, 11:57 am

Wow looks impressive... Great photos. Seems like a lovely place to chill for a few day. Nice big TV to keep the quare wan happy and a pool table for me... Damn I'm romantic!

RALPHCUSENS
udonmap.com

Post by RALPHCUSENS » November 6, 2007, 12:02 pm

I can only reiterate what Lee has stated, I called in there on Sunday, and met Howard and wife, they were exceptionally hospitable.as were the staff.

The facilities there are in my view, second to none, the food was "Sep Li", I
was so impressed that I booked up to go for the weekend next week!

They also have live entertainment every evening.

Iwould say a perfect Family weekend retreat, and only an hour from Udon******

:D :D :D

P.S. And the Beer is good too!

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » November 6, 2007, 12:05 pm

There is also a bit about it on KK.com, unfortunately it goes back over 4 years so no doubt prices are out of date but maybe worth a read anyway.

http://www.khonkaen.com/english/forum/f ... ID=52&PN=1

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » November 6, 2007, 12:13 pm

BKKSTAN wrote:Lee,I visited the website ,but your pictures posted are better and they don't give information!What are their prices,rooms ,food,swim etc.?See anybody with small dogs?
Private bungalows start at 950baht per night, guests can use the pool for free. I ate mostly Thai food while I was there and enjoyed it, the portions were very large too.

Howard has several dogs and pets so I'm sure bringing a small dog wouldn't be a problem, but I would ask before hand just incase.

RALPHCUSENS
udonmap.com

Post by RALPHCUSENS » November 6, 2007, 1:12 pm

BKKSTAN wrote:
Lee,I visited the website ,but your pictures posted are better and they don't give information!What are their prices,rooms ,food,swim etc.?See anybody with small dogs?

Stan,

I have just spoken to Howard, ref dogs, if you wish you can give him a call on;
089 4178504,or contact him by e-mail.

Non residents may use the pool, the charge is 60bht per person

Ralph

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » December 7, 2007, 2:27 pm

Their website has now been updated www.castle-howchow.com

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » October 24, 2008, 12:49 pm

Castle Howchow Beach Resort Hotel have a special promotion during October and November 2008.
20% discount on all rooms which includes a full English breakfast for 2 people. Plus "Free" activities and facilities including - games, swimming, live karaoke on stage, pool, wireless internet access.
They are also offering a special Christmas package during December 2008, please check our website below:
http://www.castle-howchow.com

evanjones246

Post by evanjones246 » March 11, 2012, 12:56 am

I have heard some great things about this hotel, and I am hoping to stay here this summer.
lee wrote:We would like to welcome Castle Howchow Beach Resort Hotel to udonmap.com. Details about this beautiful resort can be found on their website http://www.castle-howchow.com

ImageLas Vegas hotel rooms

Tafia
udonmap.com

Post by Tafia » March 11, 2012, 2:45 pm

A lovely resort, you will enjoy the stay.
Howard your host is a full of life character who will make you feel very welcome

mally
udonmap.com

Post by mally » September 12, 2017, 4:47 am

Well, 5 years since the last post !
A mate and me are thinking of a short stay here just before Christmas so any update on this place would be appreciated.
Are there any Farang friendly bars around the place for a night time drink ?

Return to “Northeast Thailand (Issan)”