Sin Sodt issue

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
hey you
udonmap.com

Re: Sin Sodt issue

Post by hey you » December 19, 2010, 9:44 pm

simmon-wat in his second post wrote that he sent her 2000 baht to buy a telephone to translate into thai. does anybody know of a phone that can do this? i can never understand how people can fall in love by phone or sending e-mails. simon i could write more on this but i will just state stop corresponding with her and do not even think of meeting her again. simon if you want a thai wife come to thailand and spend some time here you might find the woman for you.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » December 19, 2010, 10:07 pm

Dont meet her in BKK, as was said she'll reel you in like a fish!

If you need to get your leg over, spend 2000 baht for an allnighter in BKK with a girl who is gifted in that particular art and you will soon forget about your girl who is laughing all the way to the bank. I also seeM to remember a good while ago that a westerner on here had his wedding in a village and it cost him no more than 10000 baht as he went and bought all the beer and food himself.
I've got to go with that one! =D> :D

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » December 19, 2010, 10:18 pm

papaguido wrote:Way to many red flags in your situation. Don't even bother meeting her in BKK, just walk away from it and considered it a lesson learned.
Excellent advice from Papa , dont even bother meeting her , if you do its your pants that will be round yer ankles and getting stiffed by her and her family . If you part with one baht for this lass and her team of robbers then ur just a love struck tosspot . enuff said.

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » December 19, 2010, 10:44 pm

I personally think this guy is a TROLL,he starts his o/p (a well oiled subject) and wants advice? i used to feel sorry for these guys who come over and get ripped off,but for for fucks sake were do you draw the line?ive only been here for 5 years im no expert,but we all heard the stories about thailand before we came here think youve got to be a bit switched on and have a bit of common sense and not let your cock and mind rule.Get a f,ckin grip

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » December 19, 2010, 10:48 pm

Not everyones as smart as you red! lets give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise!

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » December 19, 2010, 10:58 pm

DermotC wrote:Not everyones as smart as you red! lets give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise!
Dermot ,not everyones as smart as me?come on were did i state i was smart? the guy stated it was a WELL OILED SUBJECT

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » December 19, 2010, 11:03 pm

I didnt mean it like that red!

and I agree that his post has all the markings of a true troll but maybe he doesnt know as much as you and I about thailand and wanted an opinion on his particular situation. Thats why im saying give him the benefit of the doubt.

I didnt mean to offend you, apologies

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » December 19, 2010, 11:14 pm

No problem Dermot,but the guy says its a well oiled subject?which indicates to me hes read up on it and is aware of all the HORROR Stories?so i think the answer is looking him straight in the face,he just needs to have a word with himself,i still think hes a TROLL

hangsaboot
udonmap.com

Post by hangsaboot » December 20, 2010, 12:43 am

i still think hes a TROLL[/quote] =D> =D> correct .

you have been watching , A JAKANORY PRODUCTION :D :D :D
[ courtessy of a phantom newbie ]
a nice xmas present to you all , LOL xxxx ;)

at least, it got some of the old guys , out of their zimmers ,and on the board .

mash, you are such a romantic :oops:
http://www.stupidcupid.com

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » December 20, 2010, 1:28 am

What with all the Thailand experts round here...
What difference does it make?
It's an opportunity to display your superior knowledge of all things Thai.
Perhaps somebody can thank the troll for the opportunity to divulge your hard-earned and well-deserved moniker of long-term expat.

It'd be a real shame if you didn't have anyone to lecture. Woudn't it?

Golly you guys are smart....

Simon-Wat

Post by Simon-Wat » December 20, 2010, 4:00 am

DermotC wrote:Not everyones as smart as you red! lets give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise!

Cheers mate. Today she told me her papa said she can keep her car for us after the marriage, woopee

too many good ladies in the soi for far less and would probably feel bitter and worried that she would use the first excuse to walk out when things get tough.
Yeah got stuck on this one a bit she was a nice gal, only lass in the family, treated me well, low milage genuinely loved a romp took good care and not the fake crap. Mai pen rai
I Know a little of the pitfalls, so I have kept in contact with another girl but again bloody sin sod, but on a far more reasonable note (When in Rome) and i have known her longer and more time with her.

Enough said cheers for the advice

Simon-Wat

Post by Simon-Wat » December 20, 2010, 4:44 am

Give me a break guys,

TROLL what the f***k, I suppose the initial outrageous demands do sound a little BS to you chaps living there and hearing and seeing all the goings on in Udon.

Yes I wanted your opinions, thank you all and said to my good lady I would write here as she was well out of line and said I would send her the responses as she seems to think that most Thai men will pay that amount and quite right, Her friend recently married and had the full wedding reception 1 mill and car from the Thai Guy and I have proof of that. So from her point 500,000 from a farang is no way unreasonable.
To me with the availability of females, as advised here, it would be far better spending my money some pace else. Not to mention the variety I could have on the savings.
Her last words to me was what she comes with:

Her car, papa says she can keep that, in good nick 8 year old Toyota
Teaching certificate
Massage certificate for the education department not massage shop
Ability to cook pat Thai
Dedication to her husband, now and forever.
Good chassis, only two owners I do have a log book.
Land free 1 or 2 rai to build on, with a 30 year lease in my name if I want.
Will to help run a business home or in Thai
And wants kids

Thanks all

drillpig
udonmap.com

Post by drillpig » December 20, 2010, 6:17 am

Thanks Texpat, but we already know.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » December 20, 2010, 9:15 am

The thing is some farang have paid a lot of money for sin sot and so some Thai girls and family expect the same. I told my gf I would not go down that road and she could find someone else if she wanted. I did promise to take care of her and provide a good life for us and her son from a Thai bf from before. I see that as a better way to spend my money and I would laugh at a family who asked so much. I am not Thai and don't feel obligated to Thai customs real or not. As a Farang here we have no rights and are not counted as citizens so it works both ways. Do what you want but remember paying a lot of money to marry someone does not guarantee anything other than you will be out more cash if things don't work out. I also think that if she really cared about you she would stay with you even if you did not pay the sin sot. Good Luck.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 20, 2010, 9:31 am

well simon indeed one idiot more,( 2 ,friend your GF) not to feel sorry sorry about when the thai trap closes completely and he will be left at the street side ( or maybe chained naked in a thai jail...) after all good advice,now we know that love is not only blind but also deaf...., as the remark of making children, i feel sorry of all old farang( 60+) whom are so proud to have a baby , with their baby wife, ( only securing the income of the wife) , but i feel sorry more for the child because most of them have to grow up without the presence of their father.....,as at this age we never now when they cut your electric upstairs ........
anyway as everybody makes their own future and learn from their mistakes.....
i wish you a good wedding ............

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » December 20, 2010, 9:37 am

One other thing, I told my gf if it was the Thai custom to pay sin sot we could get married in Canada and to tell her mother to start saving because it is our custom for the brides family to pay. :D

grozza
udonmap.com

Post by grozza » December 20, 2010, 10:05 am

one thing that tells me its all about money is the age difference,put yourself in the thai girls shoes would you marry some 60 year old thai women for love if you were a 28 year old guy no chance i feel sick just thinking about it,unless she was absolutely filthy rich then i might give it a go,on second thoughts she can have her money.

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » December 20, 2010, 10:26 am

I'm not sure why I am posting on this topic,I never paid any sinsod and would not have paid it,if asked!I would have if I was young and she was a virgin!

That said,I wonder what protection there is for a lady,to not just be used and discarded!I am sure it has happened.

I'm just not willing to trust that way and I have no interest in a young virgin,even though it sounds yummy :lol:

I have an almost 19 year old daughter and if she was to marry in Thailand,I would want at least a couple of million baht sin sod to guarantee a ''sincere''interest in her future.In Thailand,her virginity has great importance as a potential wife and once it is given,her elgibility as a wife is severely limited.

Without a pre-nuptial agreement,my home state of California guarantees that she would get 50% of the assets,if the marriage was to fail,and she would have enforced legal protection against the transferring of those assets without her permission.So in a sense she would be protected against,just being used!

Just as I am concerned about my daughters future,I am sure there are Issan families that are not scamming,but have a genuine concern for their daughter,whether she is a virgin or not.Being a cynic in relations with Thais and Thailand,I would guess there might be 10-20% that have those motives only.I believe that less than 5% of Thais have any respect for us,therefore if they can get a large sinsod,it is like an ATM advance! :shock: :lol:

The responsibility to discern the motives surrounding the ''sinsod'' issue is on the falang.How he can do that from long distance,is beyond me.If he doesn't have the time,the patience,the endurance to really investigate,then he can only gamble.An a gamble it is,with odds probably near to those of winning the lottery.If he is in that position,I would walk away,relocate to relief stress and any complications!

I don't like some things about the OP's situation!Although the answers she gives might be truthful,I feel thei might be some deception and his plan of ''using'' her for a ''few days'' prior to telling her,no deal makes me feel he might not have alot of respect for her.Maybe he has sent alot of money ,and wants some value before cutting her loose.

Building on ''free'' family land can be a major pitfall,especially for a new couple.The idea that you are saving money by not having to buy the land is a joke,because if you pay sinsod or make some other commitment that would ''guarantee'' her,you should probably rent and not to close to the family ,anyway.Even if the house is in your name or you have some rights for your use of the land,you would lose it all if you split up(you wouldn't be able to stay there,comfortably,nor would you be able to sell it)!

These are just my opinions based on my experience,just my thoughts,I don't mean to insult anyone on the forum ;) !

hey you
udonmap.com

Post by hey you » December 20, 2010, 11:05 am

his good lady likes to have a good romp and is genuine low mileage but he is keeping another thia women in tow just in case. depending on the time of year there is a 6 or 7 hour time difference between u.k. and thailand. read the first post and try and work out what time their phone calls took place. have to go to the doctors now as last night i had a bad attack of the cynic.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » December 20, 2010, 11:26 am

[quote="Simon-Wat"]Give me a break guys,

"Yes I wanted your opinions, thank you all and said to my good lady I would write here as she was well out of line and said I would send her the responses as she seems to think that most Thai men will pay that amount and quite right"

Did you get this fellow forumites. This guy is a troll of sorts! He's going to share our responses with his Thai GF to prove a point. He's a bit of a schemer himself...isn't he. Maybe they're well suited for each other. It's a good thing that all of us who gave advice don't have our true identities exposed. If so, perhaps we could expect a visit from the TGF's family along with a good cane whipping. It wouldn't be the first time this sort of thing has happened. Shame on you Simon-Wat for using us! [-X There were better alternatives if you want to get to the bottom of the matter. You could start by using a little common sense! :confused:

Return to “Relationships”