The New Expat Club in North-East

Udon Thani clubs and organizations
Lars Erik Brandt
udonmap.com

MEETINGDATE FOR EXPAT CLUB 2009!!!!!

Post by Lars Erik Brandt » December 1, 2008, 6:53 pm

NORTH-EAST EXPAT CLUB in UDON WELCOME!!!!
The North-East Expat Club welcomes YOU to our first meeting of the club in 2009 01 29 and we will residence at The Irish Clock at Sampantamit Road in central Udon Thani. We wish everyone welcome, those who wants to join the club and be a part of whats happening around us and also them who just wants to see who we are and how this is going to work! We are greatful for all of you who come with serious ideas and will support the club with those!
We know over the e-mails that some are negative to a new club and we certainly would like you to come!! As we wrote before its only up to YOU if you want to join or not!! So, put this in your agenda to show up at the date above and we starting the meeting 13.00 not before and not later!!! Please be in time.
2009 01 29 at 13.00 at The Irish Clock in Udon Thani.

Lars Erik Brandt

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Re: MEETINGDATE FOR EXPAT CLUB 2009!!!!!

Post by Pakawala » December 1, 2008, 7:41 pm

Lars, I hope you post a reminder here on the forum sometime in late January. I might have a problem remembering something that is supposed to happen 60 days from now. :D (Who am I kidding, I will DEFINITELY need a reminder!!) Also, I don't have a calendar for 2009 but doing a little 'count-back' this looks like it will be on a Saturday... is that right? I'm planning to be there. \:D/

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » December 1, 2008, 7:45 pm

29th is a Thursday.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 1, 2008, 8:06 pm

So it's only for "retired" ex pats then :(

Lars Erik Brandt
udonmap.com

Post by Lars Erik Brandt » December 1, 2008, 9:02 pm

Well, at least some of our famous writers are interested to come. Thank you for that! And i surely will remind about the date and time later on a couple of time.
Well again, about retired people i do think we all have retired from omething, havent we? and you dont have to be 65 for to retired from something, rigth? Not even i am that old or young! And do not have grey hair yet. So , whats retired???

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » December 1, 2008, 9:25 pm

Who am I kidding, I will DEFINITELY need a reminder!!

so sad, all these hi tech toys, lol, and nobody knows how to use them. let's see, most have cell phones, with a calendar and alarm.............hmm, bet that mac has a calendar and a reminder function... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :fryingpan: :fryingpan: :fryingpan:

sounds good Lars, barring any pressing engagements, should be in the area, as if i need an excuse to visit the Clock. and lunch time, imagine that. cya there.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 1, 2008, 9:37 pm

Lars Erik Brandt wrote:Well, at least some of our famous writers are interested to come. Thank you for that! And i surely will remind about the date and time later on a couple of time.
Well again, about retired people i do think we all have retired from omething, havent we? and you dont have to be 65 for to retired from something, rigth? Not even i am that old or young! And do not have grey hair yet. So , whats retired???
Lars,
I was referring to the fact that the meeting was to be held on a Thurs afternoon, and there is not a lot of chance for anyone who is working here in Udon to attend. Thus the only people (all be it probably the majority) who can attend, will be those of us who have retired. Those who still have to work for a living are not being given a chance to come. Surely it would be better to hold the first meeting on a day when the majority (retired and working) can attend. Saturday or Sunday perhaps.
That said, hope to see you on whatever day. :wave:

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » December 1, 2008, 9:50 pm

adding to that, a non 1st saturday or sunday of the month, which a few already have plans penciled in for that night market meeting, and some sleep in on sunday :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

no probs here, i fall in that lazy, non schedule kind of bum category :lol:

Lars Erik Brandt
udonmap.com

JUST a REMINDER 29TH!!!!

Post by Lars Erik Brandt » January 27, 2009, 3:26 pm

The New Expat Club i North-East just want to remind all who have the interest to come and visit our first meeting at The Irish Clock at Sampanamit Rd. near the trainstation in Udon Thani! All fellows and there relatives are WELCOME at the meeting,, and dont forget!!!! It starts at, 13.00 Thursday the 29th January. :mrgreen:

Patlum

Re: JUST a REMINDER 29TH!!!!

Post by Patlum » January 27, 2009, 4:48 pm

Good business for the clock. What commission are you on? Will it be the same venue every time?? There some expats who won’t put their foot through the door of that establishment.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 27, 2009, 4:57 pm

Well i suppose its hard to please everyone, as i am sure my man Obama will find out.

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » January 27, 2009, 5:54 pm

Is that your first Obamism BM. :lol:

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » January 27, 2009, 9:02 pm

Patlum wrote:Good business for the clock. What commission are you on? Will it be the same venue every time?? There some expats who won’t put their foot through the door of that establishment.
Yes... This can be very painful.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 27, 2009, 9:58 pm

Especially when wearing Flip Flops.

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » January 27, 2009, 10:11 pm

Patlum wrote: There some expats who won’t put their foot through the door of that establishment.
Does this only apply to non bi-peds?
Especially when wearing Flip Flops
And if it does ..... Would they Flip or Flop :-k

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 27, 2009, 10:14 pm

Mmmm good point....And i have a *solution about some not putting a foot through the door thing...now if they had a false foot they could unscrew it and leave that one outside whilst the rest of their body (and other good foot) went inside for a drink or fine food....this would solve the dilemma of whether they should go in the door with their 'foot' or not ...everyone wins.

*This would only be a solution for people with a false foot(or false leg would qualify too)...anyone else your on your own.

Enjoy the meeting @ The Irish Clock 29th January.

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » January 27, 2009, 10:27 pm

Patlum wrote:Good business for the clock. What commission are you on? Will it be the same venue every time?? There some expats who won’t put their foot through the door of that establishment.
6 minutes after you join up, you try do a hatchet job on the clock.

Curiouser and curiouser cried Alice... :-k :-k :-k

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 27, 2009, 10:38 pm

16 minutes IA ..16. :mrgreen:
Who's Alice..? Ross's Sister..?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 27, 2009, 10:41 pm

I think the entire idea of using The Clock was that the "outside" sitting area at the back could be used.
SO, you don't even have to go into The Clock, you can go through the "hotel entrance" & straight out the back. If that is still too horrific for someone then they can go right through the Dragon Bar next door & enter the outside area that way.
Personally, I would wonder if anyone who was so inflexible as to not enter The Clock would necessarily be an excellent member for a club.....Ah, OK I understand.....maybe that is why I am not a member of a club... :(
Best wishes with setting up the concept Lars Erik I hope that it all goes well for you & is a great success.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 27, 2009, 10:48 pm

perhaps patlum would suggest to the members of the newly opened club where the next meet should be held.

Return to “Clubs & Organizations”