View from the Other Side

Thai Society and culture, Living in Thailand.
parrot
udonmap.com

View from the Other Side

Post by parrot » June 28, 2019, 3:00 pm

While at an upscale restaurant in Udon today....for 2 hours....I watched as a mother and ?nanny? fed their 3 very young children....I'm guessing 1.5, 3, 4. It's a common sight around Asia where children are spoon fed while on the loose well past what I'm used to seeing in the US. It's not to say one way is wright and one is rong.......it's just an observation that help me to understand the voltage difference in our brains, 110 in the US and 220 here. When we lived in Taiwan (35 years ago) it wasn't uncommon to see a 4 or 5 year old still sucking on a nippled bottle. When we lived in town in Udon before we built our house, a neighbor's two children were fed by a nanny while the children rode their tricycles on the soi.....nanny walking behind with a plate of food.
And then there's the 3 young Nepali children who know how to eat on their own. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK46TDiwp24
Different strokes for different folks.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: View from the Other Side

Post by Giggle » June 28, 2019, 6:38 pm

Also goes some way toward explaining why many 20-year-olds have the social and emotional maturity of 12.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 30, 2019, 6:54 am

Giggle wrote:
June 28, 2019, 6:38 pm
Also goes some way toward explaining why many 20-year-olds have the social and emotional maturity of 12.
Don't be so hard on your fellow countrymen. I knew at least half-a-dozen of the guys I worked with in Texas that were able to build their own burgers at Fuddruckers. A couple of them knew how to sign their checks properly as well.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 30, 2019, 9:12 am

parrot wrote:
June 28, 2019, 3:00 pm
While at an upscale restaurant in Udon today....for 2 hours....I watched as a mother and ?nanny? fed their 3 very young children....I'm guessing 1.5, 3, 4. It's a common sight around Asia where children are spoon fed while on the loose well past what I'm used to seeing in the US. It's not to say one way is wright and one is rong.......it's just an observation that help me to understand the voltage difference in our brains, 110 in the US and 220 here. When we lived in Taiwan (35 years ago) it wasn't uncommon to see a 4 or 5 year old still sucking on a nippled bottle. When we lived in town in Udon before we built our house, a neighbor's two children were fed by a nanny while the children rode their tricycles on the soi.....nanny walking behind with a plate of food.
And then there's the 3 young Nepali children who know how to eat on their own. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK46TDiwp24
Different strokes for different folks.
I dont think its anything to do with electricity . Its more the fact that education and social behaviour training has failed them . Basically they do not care about others what so ever .
Do what you discribe in England and you be asked to control your children or leave . Plain and simple .
However if a member of staff at this upscale restaurant , if there is such a place cuz i certainly havent found it . If they did what they would do in the west , the chances are they would lose their job , for making a customer lose face , and bollocks the rest of the clientele .

Return to “Society and culture”