running trails

Sports, Leisure and Adventure for the active minded. (Udon Thani related topics only)
mackat
udonmap.com

running trails

Post by mackat » September 11, 2020, 11:57 am

I am so bored of the usual running tracks or trails in Udon; Nong Sim lake Nong Prajak and Chaloem Phrakiat Basically want to get off of concrete and out of the city. I ran the mekong waterside promenade in Nong Khai which was a breath of fresh air after Udon. However I am looking for trails outside the towns. Anyone know of any? — looking for recommendations.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Re: running trails

Post by anefarious1 » September 11, 2020, 12:52 pm

mackat wrote:
September 11, 2020, 11:57 am
I am so bored of the usual running tracks or trails in Udon; Nong Sim lake Nong Prajak and Chaloem Phrakiat Basically want to get off of concrete and out of the city. I ran the mekong waterside promenade in Nong Khai which was a breath of fresh air after Udon. However I am looking for trails outside the towns. Anyone know of any? — looking for recommendations.
Boy did you pick the wrong place to live! And me! If you find what you are looking for please share! Your best bet, I think, would be rough paths around man made ditches, "ponds" if you could call them that. They are everywhere, but you'll quickly get sick of those as well. They're typically smaller than tracks at the park perimeters and they tend to have dogs.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 11, 2020, 4:25 pm

Have you tried Phu Foilom ?

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » September 12, 2020, 4:55 pm

they just recently finshed beautification projects
at both nong sim& nongbua but boy, that garage
floor marble surface on track is slippery. when wet