Disc (Frisbee) Golf in Udon

Sports, Leisure and Adventure for the active minded. (Udon Thani related topics only)
JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » September 30, 2014, 9:15 am

good morning everyone. just a heads up for those of you who enjoy a walk in a garden/park, i'm about to open a disc golf course here in nong nakham. i don't want to run afoul of the mods here so i won't post an advert, if you have any questions though i'm happy to talk disc golf 24/7.

if you're under the impression that it is a kids game, i'll try and post a youtube vid of the grandmasters (50+) division at last years world championships, every year players gather from all over the world and there are multiple cards in the Legends division so don't let 70+ stop you from getting outside for a walk in the fresh air.

my course is 9 holes, with 3 separate tee pads per hole (beginner, advanced and pro). course won't officially be open until december as we are digging out a lake for fishing and golf water hazards and they can't resume digging until some time in november.

for those who do have kids/grandkids who are about to be out of school for a month, i will be giving lessons and instruction to all school aged kids on weekends for the next month completely free of charge. my son is 13, Thai, and an avid player so there won't be any language barrier. we can also be found sporadically playing at nong prajak park, and both places will be used to host the 2015 Udon Open the first week of Feb and we are expecting at least 6-10 different countries represented in the field so come on out and say hi and see what it's all about before then!

http://youtu.be/YBuOrMNzcQY

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » September 30, 2014, 9:43 am

What about the frisbees? Is there a place to buy them in Udon? Will you provide or sell them?

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » September 30, 2014, 9:49 am

JoeThrows wrote:good morning everyone. just a heads up for those of you who enjoy a walk in a garden/park, i'm about to open a disc golf course here in nong nakham. i don't want to run afoul of the mods here so i won't post an advert, if you have any questions though i'm happy to talk disc golf 24/7.
That's great news, I missed the game as it was our main pastime back in California. A perfect mix of natural surroundings and a great game of skill. I saw another poster ask about disks, my guess is they are to be found someplace in country but maybe you'd know better..

RW
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Re: Disc (Frisbee) Golf in Udon

Post by JoeThrows » September 30, 2014, 9:56 am

Hi tutone, I have professional golf discs available for sale/rent. You're welcome to bring any old frisbee you have laying around to play with though, if you don't care about your score. I have put together a promotion, a 3 disc set (putter, mid range and driver) which will include an annual pass for 2015 for only 1,200thb. These are very beginner friendly discs, can be used by young or older no problem.

I've been competing on the men's professional tour for over 20 years and now settled in udon with my family. Always happy to show a new player the ropes.

Our course is having electric installed today as well as some work on our temp clubhouse so that we can have shelter and cold drinks by this weekend.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » September 30, 2014, 9:58 am

redwolf wrote:
JoeThrows wrote:good morning everyone. just a heads up for those of you who enjoy a walk in a garden/park, i'm about to open a disc golf course here in nong nakham. i don't want to run afoul of the mods here so i won't post an advert, if you have any questions though i'm happy to talk disc golf 24/7.
That's great news, I missed the game as it was our main pastime back in California. A perfect mix of natural surroundings and a great game of skill. I saw another poster ask about disks, my guess is they are to be found someplace in country but maybe you'd know better..

RW
That's great redwolf! I've played many courses in Cali on the pro tour, love it out there. Hope to see you on the course!

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » October 1, 2014, 9:55 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412131325.423127.jpg
We are roughly 10-15 min from either Big C or the airport using either the Khon Khaen or Nong Han HWY. I use the Nong Han road as it's paved up to the last km leading to the golf course. We'll be out all weekend marking Tee areas etc so stop by for a round, and a round.

17.300429, 102.906406 for the gps people

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » October 1, 2014, 10:22 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412133543.046822.jpg
We paint all of our baskets fluorescent orange here, easier to see against the green background

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » February 8, 2015, 5:45 pm

Been 4 months since last post. Any news? What are your hours of operation? Anyone been there? Directions from Non Sung? Sent a PM to Joe Throws. No response.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 8, 2015, 7:42 pm

looks right about here on Google Maps.. Maybe I'll drive by..https://www.google.com/maps/@17.29809,1 ... a=!3m1!1e3
Dave

Return to “Sports, Leisure and Adventure in Udon Thani”