Queen dying?

Pay tribute to loved ones and friends here...
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Queen dying?

Post by Whistler » September 11, 2022, 7:44 pm

If you insist. I am happy to wait and see what unfolds, not interested in splitting hairs. Thistlethwaite has three years to plan a path, expect announcements along the way as Oz moves gently, gently towards a Republic.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 11, 2022, 8:18 pm

noosard wrote:
September 11, 2022, 7:23 pm
Whistle read what he said until his second term if he has one and not due till 2025
So unless someone is either cocky or in trouble not going to happen
note second term
Noos. There are no fixed terms for the Australian Federal parliament. So not due until 2025 is incorrect. Albo can legally call an election at his whim, there are some constraints but not many. The maximum term is 3 years after the first sitting of parliament for the incoming government, not 3 years from the date of the prior election. There are certain constraints on senate half and full term elections, but that may not necessarily have an impact on the lower house election term.

Nothing Albo has stated prohibits a referendum the day of the next Federal election.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 11, 2022, 9:23 pm

THE QUEEN IS DEAD ... LONG LIVE THE K I N G

Rrespect please gents ..sleeves or no sleeves
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 12, 2022, 12:01 am

Whistler wrote:
September 11, 2022, 7:44 pm
If you insist. I am happy to wait and see what unfolds, not interested in splitting hairs. Thistlethwaite has three years to plan a path, expect announcements along the way as Oz moves gently, gently towards a Republic.
Forlorn hope more like.

Scotland's First Minister up in Edinburgh is probably royally pissed at the dead Liz taking the languorous, circuitous, scenic route from Balmoral to Edinburgh airport and thence, in a flash, to London.

Ace card played here by the Unionists in that after such a deep and lasting love affair so publicly displayed in death by the Queen, how can any true Scot possibly consider annexing themselves? Since there won't be a Coronation until the weather's better, Sturgeon talking about independence in the interim would be taking a wrecking ball to her already tenuous claim to independence referendum legitimacy.

There's no truth in the rumor that the "royal box" will be flown to Kingsford Smith for a similar antipodean drive-through to keep those pesky Aussie separatists in their box.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 12, 2022, 1:28 am

Queen Elizabeth II's cortege arrives to huge crowds in Edinburgh

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62867444
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 12, 2022, 5:36 am

Her last public statement was to offer condolences after the stabbing attacks in Saskatchewan:

https://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-n ... ng-rampage
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 12, 2022, 5:57 am

tamada wrote:
September 12, 2022, 12:01 am
Whistler wrote:
Forlorn hope more like.

Scotland's First Minister up in Edinburgh is probably royally pissed at the dead Liz taking the languorous, circuitous, scenic route from Balmoral to Edinburgh airport and thence, in a flash, to London.

Ace card played here by the Unionists in that after such a deep and lasting love affair so publicly displayed in death by the Queen, how can any true Scot possibly consider annexing themselves? Since there won't be a Coronation until the weather's better, Sturgeon talking about independence in the interim would be taking a wrecking ball to her already tenuous claim to independence referendum legitimacy.

There's no truth in the rumor that the "royal box" will be flown to Kingsford Smith for a similar antipodean drive-through to keep those pesky Aussie separatists in their box.
Ahhh tam,

No similarities between Scotland and The Commonwealth of Australia in the quest for independence.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 12, 2022, 6:34 am

Sad news when (almost) anyone dies, including Queen Betty.

But I am counting my lucky stars that I currently in a place where her passing has gone almost unnoticed. Talking to people, almost no-one has mentioned the news that seems to be overwhelming all media in the UK&C.

BTW - if you look back at my previous posts, you can see I have always reckoned Charlie will be a good'un. 👍

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 12, 2022, 8:09 am

Are you in the U.S.A. now? They seemed to cover her death with respect and dignity, but now the country is absorbed in remembering 11 Sept., the beginning of the NFL, and wondering if Judge will bypass Maris in home runs, and if Pujols will hit 700 home runs by the end of this season.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 12, 2022, 9:08 am

The BBC Sounds programming has reverted to hours of tedious retrospectives and interviews that are occasionally lit up by a surprising or amusing recollection or anecdotal tale from HR's reign. Even their sparse musical interludes seem to be drafted under a "no overt happiness" mandate. Thus Celine Dion and Adele loom large. Luckily, the Radio X app has moved on from a similar, dirge like preoccupation with low-key performances over the first few days. Some of the DJ's manage a whole 45 minutes without reminding us that's it's cool to he sad right now. Someone even played the Happy Mondays.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 12, 2022, 9:20 am

Whistler wrote:
September 12, 2022, 5:57 am
tamada wrote:
September 12, 2022, 12:01 am
Whistler wrote:
Forlorn hope more like.

Ahhh tam,

No similarities between Scotland and The Commonwealth of Australia in the quest for independence.
After Thatcher "broke" the unions, quite a few of their leadership fled to Australia and became union activists there. I recall the English chaps that would frequently visit our field camps beyond the black stump in the early 1980's to try and "persuade" our seasonal sheep shearer workers that they needed protection from both their regular sheep farmer employers and the off season oil and gas companies. I went back on a secondment around 1986 and the buggers were already "in" and turning the job to -----.

We can only hope that after the SNP is broken, Sturgeon and her coterie of sycophants catch a slow boat to Melbun and help you on your way to "Freedummmmmmmm!!!"
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 12, 2022, 9:28 am

Tam,

They were not terribly effective. Australian until very recently has been quite peaceful on the industrial front. A bit going on now, but mostly against one quite conservative government in NSW where teachers, nurses and rail workers are unhappy with pay deals and some workplace issues. No Patrick Cargills in sight.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 12, 2022, 3:00 pm

Or Arthur Scargill's either but the MUA were at their bolshy best when I returned to work in Australia about ten years after my first couple of rodeos there. They were quite effective in having companies make contingency plans and allow for financial losses due to their brain dead members. Accommodating them was the single biggest extra expense on the two projects I was involved in.

Anyway, back on topic, has Liz made it back to London yet?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 12, 2022, 3:48 pm

tamada wrote:
September 12, 2022, 3:00 pm
Or Arthur Scargill's either but the MUA were at their bolshy best when I returned to work in Australia about ten years after my first couple of rodeos there. They were quite effective in having companies make contingency plans and allow for financial losses due to their brain dead members. Accommodating them was the single biggest extra expense on the two projects I was involved in.

Read the news that is what we all do !!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 12, 2022, 4:46 pm

tamada wrote:

The MUA, the BLF and the merged CFMEU are still old school thugs, agreed. The general industrial landscape is however pretty tame, plus the court system seems to be handling union rascals pretty well.

The farm works union (EIEIO) are just happy singing and making animal noises.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 12, 2022, 8:32 pm

tamada wrote:
No
This is now.
354D2DAD-FE48-492B-B6BB-D31BCD6465B4.jpeg
41DC8619-24A1-4162-9290-D563672A8671.jpeg
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 13, 2022, 4:34 am

I understand they're flying the body back to London tomorrow.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 13, 2022, 6:20 am

Earnest wrote:
September 13, 2022, 4:34 am
I understand they're flying the body back to London tomorrow.
Thanks for the updates. Like getting anything useful from KP, my internet access is a bit nebulous.

I caught some BBC news earlier and they mentioned that the Queen is "flying to London tomorrow". Bizarrely they use grammar that suggests she's still alive. Must be confusing for some for whom Englander-speak isn't their first language.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 13, 2022, 6:42 am

I am sorry if your internet is not up to scratch, but it was discussed initially by using the Royal Train, however due to the large crowds expected and to allow more time for Lying in State, flying back was considered the best option by the Lord Chamberlain.

Plus this which surfaced today ..https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/s ... 86ba701ef6.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 13, 2022, 2:38 pm

867E0332-FE1E-424D-8876-A115FABDFEA0.jpeg
669C854D-523E-4697-8FFD-F25A47CF81AA.jpeg
E7B44F53-F4F4-4327-A51A-779BCD8783C7.jpeg
2FD45720-F2A0-4044-8C01-5F9791BB21A2.jpeg
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Return to “Obituaries”