Queen dying?

Pay tribute to loved ones and friends here...
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Queen dying?

Post by Whistler » September 9, 2022, 9:06 am

Charles Iii is likely to be the last British head of state for Australia. I would anticipate a referendom on a Republican alongside the 2025 Federal election at the latest

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 9, 2022, 9:08 am

Message from C III.
Attachments
Message from buckingham Palace.jpg
Last edited by mak on September 9, 2022, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 9, 2022, 9:15 am

Whistler wrote:
September 9, 2022, 9:06 am
Charles Iii is likely to be the last British head of state for Australia. I would anticipate a referendom on a Republican alongside the 2025 Federal election at the latest
You are assuming

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 9, 2022, 9:42 am

noosard wrote:
September 9, 2022, 9:15 am
Whistler wrote:
You are assuming
Duh, why the need to state the bleeding obvious?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 9, 2022, 10:50 am

Doodoo wrote:
September 9, 2022, 8:57 am
kp
Then dont read them
Intelligent people respect and do not post them either . !!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 9, 2022, 10:53 am

Whistler wrote:

You hope wait until your taxes rise to pay for a four or five head President and ongoing costs of maintaining their pension until they die , a hell of a lot more than you current forward to The British Government I bet, plus all the money wasted on the political wrangling follow the Americans look at what they have NOW .....good idea. Aussie go away and become as silly as they are

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 9, 2022, 11:09 am

Khun Paul wrote:
September 9, 2022, 10:53 am
Whistler wrote:

You hope wait until your taxes rise to pay for a four or five head President and ongoing costs of maintaining their pension until they die , a hell of a lot more than you current forward to The British Government I bet, plus all the money wasted on the political wrangling follow the Americans look at what they have NOW .....good idea. Aussie go away and become as silly as they are
We all ready have a governors general federally and a governor general in each state. No expense if these roles are maintained under a different title and slightly modified powers. The Australian constitution is totally different to the American constitution, so the opportunity to become as dysfunctional as the USA is not possible.

Australian electoral boundaries are determined by an independent agency, it is impossible to gerrymander, 100% different to the rorting that exists in the USA.

Australia is an independent country, like many others, I believe we should have an Australian as head of state.

deankham
udonmap.com

Re: The Queen is dead

Post by deankham » September 9, 2022, 11:47 am

RIP to a wonderful Queen.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 9, 2022, 4:43 pm

Whistler wrote:
September 9, 2022, 11:09 am
Khun Paul wrote:
September 9, 2022, 10:53 am
Whistler wrote:

We all ready have a governors general federally and a governor general in each state. No expense if these roles are maintained under a different title and slightly modified powers. The Australian constitution is totally different to the American constitution, so the opportunity to become as dysfunctional as the USA is not possible.

Australian electoral boundaries are determined by an independent agency, it is impossible to gerrymander, 100% different to the rorting that exists in the USA.

Australia is an independent country, like many others, I believe we should have an Australian as head of state.
It's not always about you, only on udonmap do you get this dribble

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 9, 2022, 6:13 pm

Enjoy your whinge dumroaming? I was responding to KP's post with some simple facts.

You add nothing to the debate, display the intellectual intelligence of a gnat, just whinge.

I have no intention of passing my posts to you before submitting to the forum, you are not the arbitrator of who or what can be posted

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » September 10, 2022, 1:23 am

Sadness has gripped the commonwealth. Many people from all walks of life loved and respected the queen and what she achieved. We Australians, well 99.9%, are no different. I wasn’t there on her first visit but was for many more. 1970 capt cook re enactment and the 1988 bicentennial were exciting moments. There was always a positive buzz when the queen announced a tour to Australia.
She drove through from Sydney to Wollongong passing along what was to become my area to be raised. Aussies especially children lined the entire route. Some 50km. I grew up in the Sutherland Shire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » September 10, 2022, 8:24 am

Not every colonial is tugging their forelock, crying and uttering stock condolences at her death. In the Caribbean and Africa, many see the royal family as a facet of colonialism, who never condemned slavery or the wars of colonial expansion. But you will not see such sentiments on the big western news programs.
Remember Prince Edwards Caribbean tour earlier this year?

https://people.com/royals/prince-edward ... bean-tour/

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 10, 2022, 9:23 am

Whistler wrote:
September 9, 2022, 6:13 pm
Enjoy your whinge dumroaming? I was responding to KP's post with some simple facts.

You add nothing to the debate, display the intellectual intelligence of a gnat, just whinge.

I have no intention of passing my posts to you before submitting to the forum, you are not the arbitrator of who or what can be posted
Another brave sole behind a keyboard, get back in your box old man your time has come stop wasting other people's air

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 10, 2022, 9:30 am

OMG, what hypocrisy, it was you at your keyboard that made disparaging remarks, I responded to your silly, and highly judgemental post, that obviously got under your thin skin.

If you can't cop it back, STFU.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 10, 2022, 9:33 am

Interesting perspective Rick. Elizabeth like her brave father were both excellent monarchfs for Britain. Given the primacy of parliament over royalty, it would not ever be appropriate for the queen to take an independent policy of apologies to colonies.

Colonialism was a European sin, not confined to Britain anyhow. Perhaps the EU and Britain should consider how they should deal with this issue and look at ways to mitigate the damage done. An educational program, medical assistance etc. Words alone would be quite hollow.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 10, 2022, 10:06 am

Whistler wrote:
September 10, 2022, 9:33 am
Interesting perspective Rick. Elizabeth like her brave father were both excellent monarchfs for Britain. Given the primacy of parliament over royalty, it would not ever be appropriate for the queen to take an independent policy of apologies to colonies.

Colonialism was a European sin, not confined to Britain anyhow. Perhaps the EU and Britain should consider how they should deal with this issue and look at ways to mitigate the damage done. An educational program, medical assistance etc. Words alone would be quite hollow.
To say colonialism is a European sin is ridiculous. Go back and read some ancient to modern history from all parts of the world, and update your conclusion.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 10, 2022, 10:49 am

Agree 100% Slavery/aka Colonialism or in other words the Wests infringement of the local populations rights are noted, recorded and on some cases diarised by many from Capt Cook to the Pilgrims as well as hundreds of other sources from the English, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese` to name a few, not forgetting the Emirs and barbaric actions by the Arabs and others on the African continent which assimilated and gathered together the manpower the NEW WORLD required plus the oh so righteous Immigrants in the Initial 13 colonies which expanded across the whole continent their barbaric and often severely restrictive practices on many including the indigenous peoples which have only recently been outlawed, although judging by the actions of some still seem to be practised. .

Apology well maybe the Royal family can apologise for what they oversaw and as most of the Royal Family were NOT even born `at those times, maybe digging up Elizabeth the First and a few Henrys plus a George or two will suffice to ask them to apologise .

It is HISTORY, cannot be re-written , no matter how hard many try to. But it is a lesson to be learnt so it does not happen again, sadly judging by many reports worldwide slavery is alive and kicking as well as barbaric acts against non-locals .

The Old adage....People in Glasshouses should not throw stones comes to mind. NO NATION is whiter than white . No nationality is also pure in mind and actions against their fellow man. We as a species are guilty as charged, in some cases FAILLING to learn from past actions. That we do at our peril !!!!!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 10, 2022, 10:55 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
September 10, 2022, 10:06 am
Whistler wrote:

To say colonialism is a European sin is ridiculous. Go back and read some ancient to modern history from all parts of the world, and update your conclusion.
I see your point LYM, can I amend that by saying it is not exclusive to Europe, they did do it big time from the 16 century onwards and that was the point I was making

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 10, 2022, 11:19 am

Whistler wrote:
September 10, 2022, 10:55 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
September 10, 2022, 10:06 am
Whistler wrote:

I see your point LYM, can I amend that by saying it is not exclusive to Europe, they did do it big time from the 16 century onwards and that was the point I was making
You have rather missed your history education. Colonialism has been practiced throughout recorded history, as has slavery. The 16th century was certainly not the start of the big time. The Chinese, Mongols, Greeks and Romans were far more prolific. It’s quite likely that there were other groups less well covered in my historical education that were equally good/bad dependent on your perspective

The Europeans were better documented and had better/faster modes of transport and knew more of the world. Percentage wise it’s doubtful if they were bigger.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 10, 2022, 11:19 am

Marvelous first speech addressing the nation commonwealth and world by individual Charles III ..

https://youtu.be/ieACpHx4nXE

Willie n Kate are the new Prince n Princess of Wales.

GOD SAVE THE K I N G .

Feels like a nation has lost their mother and DM raised a glass of the amber nectar for our late Queen Elizabeth .. imo a GOAT .. Greatest Of All Time

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “Obituaries”