Yuu

Pay tribute to loved ones and friends here...
pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Yuu

Post by pipoz4444 » July 8, 2022, 6:03 pm

A young boy died in Wednesday night is a motorbike accident. His name was Yuu and he was only 16. He wasn't renowned like most, who names find there way into this section of the Forum

He was from Ban Kham Kling, cared for by his grandmother, sadly like many other Thai children.

But, he one of the most polite, very well mannered and most helpful Thai kids, that I have come across during my time in Thailand. He was in part of our family, having grown up with my kids over the past 10 years and always been around the house, always helping me in whatever way he could, especially in the garden.

He will be sadly missed, buy those who knew him.

His funeral is tomorrow at the Wat Pa Ban Kham Kling. Just one of many homes, to Thai kids who needlessly die on motorbikes, at such a very young age.

Yuu and Nut Gardening   (1).jpg
Center at rear

Yuu and Nut Gardening   (3).jpg

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Yuu

Post by jackspratt » July 8, 2022, 8:02 pm

I can feel your pain, pipo.

Had a similar experience in BD a few months ago, when a woman who was well liked, and great fun to share a beer and chat with, died after a motorbike accident.

Entirely her own fault, but built entirely on a system of political and police corruption and indifference.

Unfortunately, we who know of a better way, can only shake our heads, reflect a bit, and move on.

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » July 9, 2022, 3:17 am

Thats a nice tribute to Yuu.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 9, 2022, 7:22 am

Lovely sentiments to a GOOD Young man.
Sadly however many of us here know of similar incidenmts in which severe injuries are commonplace thereby rendering the rider incapable of continuing to live normally.
Sadly also to the country seems indifferent to the plight of of people operating mechanically propelled vehicles by lax laws and even worse enforcement.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 9, 2022, 8:04 am

That is sad
yesterday I saw 2 school kids knocked off their bike just up the road from my kid's school
Middle aged man just roared out of a soi, ploughed them

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 9, 2022, 4:55 pm

His poor grandmother.

Is anyone familiar with the stats? Boys are at much greater risk? 16 years old and motorbikes is a worrying combination for families.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 11, 2022, 1:27 am

Test

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 11, 2022, 4:48 am

Poor kid. This is so sad.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 11, 2022, 10:08 am

GT93 wrote:
July 9, 2022, 4:55 pm
Is anyone familiar with the stats? Boys are at much greater risk? 16 years old and motorbikes is a worrying combination for families.
I'm confident the stats are there somewhere......just a matter of digging them up. Contrary to what a lot of expats believe, the government does a pretty good job of tracking things like accidents/deaths/etc......maybe not exactly as we do in our countries, but, then, this is a different country/culture. I believe that agencies like the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Transport report the numbers as they see them.....again, maybe not in the same fashion as reported where we come from, but not swept under the rug as many like to believe (pause, time to windex my tinted glasses)
กลุ่มเสียชีวิตสูงสุด อายุ 15-19 ปี และกลุ่มช่วงอายุ 50-69 ปี ซึ่งส่วนใหญ่เกิดเหตุจากถูกรถจักรยานยนต์ชน - surprise! Age 15-19 and 50-69 account for the highest number of road deaths!
https://www.thairsc.com/
https://www.isranews.org/article/israne ... ve742.html

A few things to think about based on life in our village the past quarter century:
Kids as young as 9 or10 ride motorcycles in the village, often with another kid as a passenger. Kids in the village never wear helmets. Most adults in the village don't wear helmets either. Village roads are not as well lighted as city streets and the roads are generally in poorer condition than in the city. Kids age 15-19 tend to do things that kids 15-19 anywhere do. I've known several families in the city who do not allow their teenage children to ride motorcycles.....but I've yet to meet a village family who does the same.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 15, 2022, 4:45 pm

Thanks guys for your responses

It's always difficult to come to grips with.

One tries not to reason why, anymore, especially when you have seen a number of those who were close to you depart, well before their time.

pipoz4444

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 16, 2022, 9:28 am

at our neighborhood park each day I see 10-14 year olds coming 3 up on motorbikes to gather.. At least the jackass kids from a year ago don't show up trying to do wheelies or act the fool... Still, the latitude given these kids by their parents and grandparents to drive around the neighborhood beggars belief...
Dave

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 16, 2022, 1:27 pm

Some kids that age are largely out of their parents' control. My youngest step-daughter was sexually active from the end of M 1 and would have been shacked up with older guys and not going to school at all if we didn't put up with the shxt.

When I was living in Thailand I can remember the bell at our gate sounding and looking out the window at two boys on a scooter. They'd head off with her into the night. It's her 32nd birthday today. Thank Buddha she survived those years.

Her oldest child is now 15. Thankfully he prefers computer games to motorbikes and is only now starting to show an interest in girls.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Return to “Obituaries”