Doug Isles RIP

Pay tribute to loved ones and friends here...
Udon Map
Admin

Re: Doug Isles RIP

Post by Udon Map » September 9, 2021, 11:20 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
September 9, 2021, 5:59 pm
Question, was he an UdonMap member, if so what was his tag?
Sorry, but we do not make this information public.

riche60

Post by riche60 » September 10, 2021, 12:43 am

Hi all, I don't normally post on here but this is my bit, first knew doug back in 2000 well before he had his lake and horses we went on bike rides then I had a gsx 400 with no papers those were the days. In his bar we had great times, some bad but what a great bloke always had time for a beer and some banter, I will miss him, when we were drinking buddies he didn't have a car to rent nevermind a fleet. Still to this day he's the only farang I knew could speak and read thai a true legend. Rest in peace mate, lek I will call you stay safe Richard

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 10, 2021, 7:58 am

Today we say goodbye to one of Udon Thani's biggest personalities. In different times this funeral would have been the biggest ever seen for a farang, Doug was loved by many hundreds of people and I've got no doubts people would have flown in and driven up to be with him on this day. However we are living in strange times and such gatherings aren't allowed, only a handful of people can attend so it's a poor send off for such a great man. We will all have different memories of Doug, some fishing, some living the high life and some like me and Fa as a man who loved his wife and kids, a family man who would come round to my house, watch boxing, chat about how proud he was of Sasha handling the business, Junior doing so well in the ring and tell me how much he depended on Lek who was the binding that held him together during the rough patches. He would also talk a lot about his mum and dad who he loved very, very much and his family back home, he was desperate to get back to Blackpool to see them but of course Covid prevented that from happening.

We send all our love, best wishes and heartfelt condolences to Lek, Sasha, Junior​ and his family back home, this is a dreadful time for them and we hope everything goes well today.

Doug made a huge impact on people's lives, a larger than life man with a huge heart, I'll certainly miss our daily chats putting the world to rights and I wish him Godspeed to the big fishing lake in the sky.

Sleep well my friend.
Attachments
received_220377140137167.jpeg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 10, 2021, 8:34 am

Totally agree with all your comments Vince...thanks for posting.

So sad all his many friends cant attend .... I for one will be raising a glass today for the legend that was Doug Isles.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » September 10, 2021, 5:02 pm

Hopefully we can have some form of Memorial bash once things return to some form of normality?

Return to “Obituaries”