Charley Pride

Pay tribute to loved ones and friends here...
tamada
udonmap.com

Charley Pride

Post by tamada » December 13, 2020, 11:43 am

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Charley Pride

Post by 747man » December 13, 2020, 12:12 pm

This was My Favourite Charley Pride Song.......https://youtu.be/hRIRTQ_k-Sg

LU
udonmap.com

Post by LU » December 13, 2020, 10:52 pm

My son and I saw Charley Pride perform at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville TN a couple of years ago. After the show Charley took pictures with the fans and signed his latest CD for us. A very humble man, wonderful entertainer. I feel like I've lost a friend with his passing. God bless you Country Charley Pride.
Last edited by LU on December 14, 2020, 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

LU
udonmap.com

Post by LU » December 14, 2020, 6:53 am

DSCN4137.JPG

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 14, 2020, 9:44 am

My induction to C&W music was in northeast Scotland when I was around 15 years old. A rig manager from Texas rented a huge farmhouse in our village, about 25 miles north of Aberdeen and along with his French-Canadian wife, quickly became popular characters especially in the local pubs. My father, as village policeman, got to know him well and they would invite our family to their country home for (almost) genuine Texas BBQ. This was also where I discovered jalapenos!

He wanted a fast car with a big engine for his company car and the only one available that checked those boxes was a Rover 3500 V8. He thought the radio and cassette player was rubbish so he brought back an 8-track from a trip home. My dad, being a self-taught sparkie and the village TV repair man when off duty, helped him install it one weekend. I remember him telling my dad it was OK to cut a chunk of wood paneling and leather trim out if the transmission tunnel cover so it would fit properly. He always had two or three boxes of 8-track cassettes in the back seat, all country.

Charley Pride was one of his favorites and I recall those tunes belting out of the amped-up car stereo as we literally flew into Aberdeen to catch Saturday football games. The A90 isn't the best of roads to trip along at over 90 mph now, let alone way back then!

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » January 2, 2021, 9:27 pm

REST IN HEAVENLY PEACE!
KISS AN ANGLE GOOD MORNING

Return to “Obituaries”